EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 10-24-2005, 09:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow
Default Thanks

Thanks for listening to our sujestions i know this can get to be a hassle. But to add another . Is it possabe to have the group orb flash when someone in group is fighting. I see my toon go into fight mode and hear the combat music. just wondering if that would be possable as well. (and yes i'm anal retentive i want things in order)
Unread 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

It should be possible, though I'd have to look at the dynamic data calls, and see if they have that ability first of all, and see how much of a pain it'd be to add that function.

Also, it might be better to have the two orbs on either side of the target bar flash instead, since most folks have that in the middle area of the screen - easier to respond quickly in that case.
Unread 10-24-2005, 04:38 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Awesome...

Ok... I d/led and installed this UI this morning. It looks FANTASTIC!!!

Visually, one occurence on loading takes place. It looks like a cut line next to the scrolling load line on zoning.

The changes you made, to the group window, the compass, the background colors on all the windows (YAY!!! No more caca brown!!!) is GREAT! Thank you *very* much for taking the time on this.

One thing I might ask... the spell casting Orb in the group window.... did you have to use pink?? a dark grey... or deep purple... or anything, anything but pink! hehe Awesome job Wulfster!! You ROCK!!
Unread 10-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

hehe, the pink was supposed to be a purple, but came out lighter than I intended. I'll release a patch in the next day or two that will allow folks to change the color to blue or red or gray.

As far as that cut-line - that was an unintentional change - the loading window uses one of the other textures that I replaced for window backgrounds to fill the letterbox portion, and the line is where it's "wrapping" the texture back on itself. I'll take a look at it, and see if I can't blend the edges in better, without messing up the look of the texture. If I can't get that done quickly, I'll just recode the loading window, either to use the standard black letterboxing, or to change the way it access the texture. (I may be able to "stretch" the texture across the entire letterbox portion, eliminating the cutline, not sure how bad that'll distort it until I try, though)

Glad you liked it, rawr!!
Unread 10-25-2005, 12:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

Weeeeee Wulfy,

Looks great hun

Guess I will have to try it now - see ya in game.
Unread 10-26-2005, 09:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore
Default Issues

I thank you for taking up this UI...I fell in love with it, but had to give it up when Fenix went away, however I tried your version and I am having many issues.

The target system does not show the orbs..right clicking on windows dont allow me to goto options, the celtic graphic dosnt show up around chat windows, and I crash within about 3 minutes no matter what I do.

I have tried to extract pieces of the UI and use them with roughly the same results, however I have gotten as far as being able to manipulate the windows by right clicking. I have used several custom UI's, so I am pretty familiar with the install. Basically I unzipped..put the Drac folder in my UI folder and changed my .ini file to load it.

Not sure where things are going wrong for me, however I would really like to use this UI. I had switched to thors AU(which I deleted before I tried this) and liked it, but my 1st love is the arcane/tking UI.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Fuzi Vizion
45 Illusionist
Order of the Thorn
Mistmoore server
Unread 10-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Wow, that sounds drastic!

Coupla things that'll help me narrow down the issue(s):

1) can you post or private message me a copy of your ui.log file (should be in the dracokyn folder, if not, check your eq2 folder)?
2) what resolution are you running at?
3) with the missing orbs, sounds like either the image folder is missing, or got corrupted. the ui.log will help me narrow that down, but are you running any other UI mods?

Thanks,
Wulfy
Unread 10-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Uploaded a patch with 4 more color's to choose from for the casting orb - green, blue, red, and grey. Should be available after admin approval, and linked from the main download page.

Almost got the zoning window issue licked - I've actually got that window fixed, just want to nail down the exact same problem with the loading window, if you don't choose a character to auto-start. (After selecting a char from the character select screen, rather than the patch screen, you'll get a similar "line")

Rawr!!!
*yawn* off to bed with me, gotta get back to work in 4 hours - big conference tommorow on our installation wide migration to a major new software package, and the hardware / personnel support it's going to require. :\ (Interestingly enough, the new software package uses SQL and XML heavily in it's db processing and UI sides.... never let anyone tell you video-gaming isn't good for anything!!)
Unread 10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Screenshots please.
Unread 10-27-2005, 07:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore
Default former issues

Ok,

I appreciate your willingness to look at this issue, but I have it figured out. I was opening all the windows to take a screenshot for ya and figured out that all my ui components were in the map window, so I ran the map updater and now everything is in order. I guess the moral of the story is make sure you run the map updater before you log on the 1st time with the UI.

Again, thank you SO much for takin this UI on!

Fuzi Vizion
45 Illusionist
Order of the Thorn
Mistmoore Server
Unread 10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Excellent, glad to know it worked out for you, Savolk!! Added the info about running the updater after installing the UI and map mod (running it prior to EQ2, that is) to the documentation post.

Hirebrand, I'll get some updated screenies for the different orbs up as soon as I get the kids from daycare, get 'em fed, showered, homeworked, and into bed (my wife goes to school during the evenings ), probably sometime between 9-11pm EST tonite, rawr!!

Oh, and Scrib, I definately nailed down the issue, that line came from when I cut and pasted a single texture multiple times to make a larger texture without losing the detail - dang laser surger, my eyes didn't catch it, until I looked closer with a different monitor today. So, I should have that new texture up as well.

edit: Patch uploaded, Scribble - hope you like it!!

Rawr!!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 10-27-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Unread 10-27-2005, 11:32 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default You, my friend...

Friggen ROCK!

Oh... one thing I noticed today... the Crafting UI won't go into alphabetical order when clicking on Recipe in the TS Window. I did d/l another UI part, installed it, and it worked fine afterwards. Something to look at I guess.

Unread 10-28-2005, 11:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default New bug found..

The % on the group health goes to a red 0 when you join a group that is not in the same zone you are in. Even if you zone into the same zone after having joined in a different zone, the % stays red 0.
Unread 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Hrm, that's wierd - when I tested, I invited one of my freeport alts using my Qeynos main, and it worked. I'll take another peek at it, make sure I didn't misplace anything.

No clue as far as the crafting window, I didn't actually touch any of the code for that, and don't even have it mod'd - the only reason it looks any different, is the background texture's were replaced in the images directory. I've been thinking about modding it though, I really don't like the way the pristine cobalt recipe names warp too far up when they "word wrap" down to the next line.

That crafting window code is just really a pain to work with in UI builder, so it may take me a bit of "trial and error" in wordpad to get something better put together.

Wulfy
Unread 10-29-2005, 11:05 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default hmmm...

Well, Miloquest is the addon I grabbed... it works *great* with your UI, keeping the background texture the same an everything. It just allows you to resize the window as well as use the enter button to repeat a recipe. The thing I aslo like about it is that hitting enter while crafting the item doesn't stop it, so no chance for turning that cobalt into a crap bar =P

I'll try to bug the group window some more... it could have been an isolated problem.
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

*nod* okies, thanks - I'm currently grouped with my 2-box wizzie, he's in a tradeskill zone, and I'm in my apt, and we're both showin' 100% - we've both zoned multiple times, but.... neither of us was in combat or engaged in combat since grouping. That'll be my next test, methinks.

And just about any mod you use with this UI will look similar, unless they use custom backgrounds, since the textures actually replace all the ones for all the windows - modd'd those graphics files instead of each window, so that's what EQ2 uses instead of the defaults now. :P

edit: Ok - was grouped with some guildies today. While I did see their health bar drop, and the correct color's there, the percent showed 100% the whole time. I was tradeskilling at the time, so was not in the same zone as them. Next test will be to try combat with / without group members in the same zone, when I get longer than 10 minutes at a time to play, lol. *sigh*

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 10-30-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Unread 10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default yup..

I saw both 100% when in different zones and group members health dropped, AND I saw the red 0% when they were at full health. Back to the drawing board I guess on the %. I went so far as to delete my entire UI folder, re-download all files from here and from Sony, reinstall and still came up with that problem.

I also learned that the problem with the tradeskill UI (not being able to sort alphabetically) is indicative of the default UI and not something you did (makes sense since you didn't mod it) to the UI. I think I may have said I used a different piece than I actually do use. The piece I snagged and put in was Jaxel's skinned tradeskill mod, not miloquest's. Anyhow, Jaxel's gave me the ability to sort again and as a Sage that feature is absolutely necessary. Scrolling through 2k spells that Sony has mislabeled on levels is damn near impossible.

Hang in there Wulfster!! I'm sure it's just something minor. I wish I could code to help ya out.
Unread 11-09-2005, 04:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Hi,

I simply FELL IN LOVE with your UI but I have a little problem... the startbutton disapearred...
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
edit: Ok - was grouped with some guildies today. While I did see their health bar drop, and the correct color's there, the percent showed 100% the whole time. I was tradeskilling at the time, so was not in the same zone as them. Next test will be to try combat with / without group members in the same zone, when I get longer than 10 minutes at a time to play, lol. *sigh*
That is because the dynamic data that SOE is 'supose' to give isn't working. It works some times but mostly it never works.
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Ok, I've started workin' on the updates from LU 16, should be ready by sometime tommorow, I hope.

Damalion, did you check under other windows, and see if it wandered off on you? Mine also changed position for some reason after LU 16 patched, and was underneath one of my chat windows.

Let me know if you're still havin' troubles finding it, though.

edit: forgot to add - I'm also going to incorporate a change to the group window, take it from health percentage at the end (which isn't working) to current / total health. Hopefully, that'll help out a bit, until the Dynamic Data starts working. *sigh*
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

No longer supporting this UI.... the "un-beta" version is out!!!

Go here for the version 1.00 support thread.