EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default ingame browser quit working

up until a month ago or so, my ingame browser worked just fine...when im looking at a quest, on the upper right of the quest, i would just click the alakazamm or eq2i thing, and a browser would come up with the quest info.
now, nothing at all happens--just a blank page. no matter what i click on the upper right, just a blank page. on the browser, the upper right just under the X, that little flag looking thing, i hover cursor over that, and the big list of diff. websites come up. i click one, nothing happens--no matter what i click.
so basically, i cannot look up any quests or anything.
help? and yes, i ran the profit updater, i do all the time...not sure what to do at thiis point.

thanks
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
up until a month ago or so, my ingame browser worked just fine...when im looking at a quest, on the upper right of the quest, i would just click the alakazamm or eq2i thing, and a browser would come up with the quest info.
now, nothing at all happens--just a blank page. no matter what i click on the upper right, just a blank page. on the browser, the upper right just under the X, that little flag looking thing, i hover cursor over that, and the big list of diff. websites come up. i click one, nothing happens--no matter what i click.
so basically, i cannot look up any quests or anything.
help? and yes, i ran the profit updater, i do all the time...not sure what to do at thiis point.

thanks
From the sounds of it you might of told windows to not allow the new browser extension access to the internet. I believe its called awesomium_process and you would need to check in the windows firewall settings to see if thats allowed or blocked. Also check to make sure you deleted the mozzilla folder and cleared your cache.
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
From the sounds of it you might of told windows to not allow the new browser extension access to the internet. I believe its called awesomium_process and you would need to check in the windows firewall settings to see if thats allowed or blocked. Also check to make sure you deleted the mozzilla folder and cleared your cache.

ok, in the eq2 directory, there was a mozilla folder..i deleted that. i also opened up firefox (im assuming thats what you were talking about) and cleared everything, history, cache, you name it.......no change, ingame
browser still just a blank, bluish page. also, in the eq2 directory now, there isnt a mozzilla folder either. i also ran profit updater as well.....
help? :-)

Last edited by Endeavour : 01-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
ok, in the eq2 directory, there was a mozilla folder..i deleted that. i also opened up firefox (im assuming thats what you were talking about) and cleared everything, history, cache, you name it.......no change, ingame
browser still just a blank, bluish page. also, in the eq2 directory now, there isnt a mozzilla folder either. i also ran profit updater as well.....
help? :-)
Do a complete file check by going to the little tool icon on the launcher. It should of downloaded a new mozilla and in your Profit directory I would delete the eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml file which should have a date somewhere around july depending when you updated your profit UI and it got set to read only or placed on ignore. Then rerun the patcher it check your ignored files and make sure its not on there. Settings > Ignored Files and like I said make sure the awesomium_process service is running and isn't disallowed by your firewall. Not sure what you use for a firewall so it would all depend on which one you're using as to how to check disallowed or blocked processes.
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:13 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Do a complete file check by going to the little tool icon on the launcher. It should of downloaded a new mozilla and in your Profit directory I would delete the eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml file which should have a date somewhere around july depending when you updated your profit UI and it got set to read only or placed on ignore. Then rerun the patcher it check your ignored files and make sure its not on there. Settings > Ignored Files and like I said make sure the awesomium_process service is running and isn't disallowed by your firewall. Not sure what you use for a firewall so it would all depend on which one you're using as to how to check disallowed or blocked processes.

ok, on the launchpad, i hit the tools on bottom, then validate assets (im guessing thats the file checkerk)..it took awhile to scan, but finished, said files up to date...
also deleted the mainhud browser in directory, re-ran profit updater and it put it back in. however, there still is NOT an mozzilla folder in directory.
launched the game......no change, still no browser, the same blank blueish page :-(
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
ok, on the launchpad, i hit the tools on bottom, then validate assets (im guessing thats the file checkerk)..it took awhile to scan, but finished, said files up to date...
also deleted the mainhud browser in directory, re-ran profit updater and it put it back in. however, there still is NOT an mozzilla folder in directory.
launched the game......no change, still no browser, the same blank blueish page :-(
Ok I just deleted my mozila folder and ran the patcher. It indeed downloaded mozilla again. Make sure you do not have 2 installations of eq2 on your system. Sometimes people end up with 2 or more because they run the patcher and then the install program. Also if the game is installed into program files (x86) or program files windows may be preventing it from writing to that directory. Its recommended to put eq2 in a folder like c:\games\eq2 or something since windows (vista and windows 7/8) likes to protect programs installed into the program files and program files x86 directories unless the ACL is turned off.

to see if you have 2 installations of eq2 right click your desktop icon and select properties and see if its pointing to the same place that your profit updater is pointing to.