EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 12-30-2006, 12:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2Map Just Doesn't Work

I have downloaded the 1.0.6 auto updater and installed eq2map. I ran the updater and downloaded all the latest maps.

the eq2map directory is in the UI directory.

My eq2.ini looks like this:

r_aa_blit 1
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname eq2map
cl_ui_skinname tasi_quest_ui

My UI dir is:

eq2map
fonts
tasi_quest_ui

Inside the eq2map dir there is:

eq2map
images
EQ2MAP-README.txt
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml

I run the updater, then run EQ2, but eq2map doesn't come up, it's the standard map. So I deleted it all, reinstalled, but still no go. So I downloaded the 1.0.6 MANUAL and placed it in the UI directory. Still, it doesn't show, like EQ2 is just ignoring the interface completely.

The TASI quest UI works perfectly.

I've read the FAQ, but there is nothing in it that just states the interface isn't working.

I'm in the down below and press M for map, but it just shows the world map, no down below map.

Any ideas why this doesn't work?
Unread 12-30-2006, 12:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, when i changed my eq2.ini to this:

r_aa_blit 1
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname tasi_quest_ui
cl_ui_skinname eq2map

Placing "tasi_quest_ui" ahead of eq2map, eq2map started working, but now tasi doesn't work.

I'll keep messing with it.
Unread 12-30-2006, 12:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

copy the files within the "tasi quest ui" folder to the "eq2map" folder.

make sure your eq2.ini only mentions eq2map.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the help. I figured it out.

I ended up deleting Eq2MAP because it was sucking down 5-10 frames per second off the game. I am serious... I could stand in qeynos and get 20-24 FPS. I remove EQ2MAP and I get 28-34 FPS.

Nice interface with maps, but it takes away precious FPS which are hard to come by in this game.
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

EQ2Map by it self shouldnt eat up any FPS (as long as your not getting any major errors in your ui.log). We have tested this in the past and also havent received a complaint about FPS from the 400k others that have downloaded it. Now if you disable the entire interface you will see a FPS jump.
Unread 01-07-2007, 04:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've seen other people in these forums complain about dropped FPS, so don't tell me that your 400K users aren't having problems. THREE other guys who joined EQ2 at the same time I did also have stopped using it because it sucks down FPS regardless of what graphics mode you are in, or how you have your graphics settings.

On top of that, having an interface mapping program on the outside written in .WAIT er... .NET is just as bad.
Unread 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infymus
I've seen other people in these forums complain about dropped FPS, so don't tell me that your 400K users aren't having problems. THREE other guys who joined EQ2 at the same time I did also have stopped using it because it sucks down FPS regardless of what graphics mode you are in, or how you have your graphics settings.

On top of that, having an interface mapping program on the outside written in .WAIT er... .NET is just as bad.
Mmm.. Me thinks you need to learn a bit more before spouting off. EQ2Map only displays ingame POI markers with some text that is part of an xml file. There is nothing that is graphical in ANY way and merely used within the very same context of the existing map in EQ2. I don't believe you and with posts like this and your clearly rude tone show you have less knowledge than most in this area.
Unread 01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infymus

lmao... you seriously think .NET is used to display the new maps and POIs??? roflmao!!!!! best laugh i've had all week

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
lmao... you seriously think .NET is used to display the new maps and POIs??? roflmao!!!!! best laugh i've had all week
Ok FANBOI, did I say it was used to display the maps? Obviously not.

.NET is the biggest piece of **** coding language there is out there next to JAVA.

Hey, let's run this .NET program. Click. . Wait... Wait... Wait... Wait... Wait.. Wait.. Oh there it is... Just look at SQL 2005 Studio, hurry up and wait some more.
Unread 01-07-2007, 06:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictinike
Mmm.. Me thinks you need to learn a bit more before spouting off. EQ2Map only displays ingame POI markers with some text that is part of an xml file. There is nothing that is graphical in ANY way and merely used within the very same context of the existing map in EQ2. I don't believe you and with posts like this and your clearly rude tone show you have less knowledge than most in this area.
There is nothing MORE to learn about.

Run the game without EQMap. Use FRAPS or your video card to watch the FPS.

Now run the game WITH EQMap. Watch your FPS drop by 7-10 FPS. Same spot, not moving, no changes to the graphic settings.

Take EQMap back off, run the game. FPS is back to normal.

But that's ok, since only a few people are having the issue, it is easier to blame the end user rather than fess up that EQMap could possibly be sucking down FPS because of either bad coding on the EQMap side or the SONY engine.
Unread 01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Sorry I havent been following this thread.

Infymus please calm down.

I was very nice in my post and the information you had posted at the time looked to be something on your end. I have fraps on my end and tested and dont notice any FPS difference when I use the map but my hardware specs are very high.

What type of hardware are you running? Are you running just the pure eq2map or do you have some other interface mods running? Have you run a full file check in the options of the eq2map updater to make sure you dont have a corrupt or missing file? What zone where you in?

The patcher that updates the interface is written in .NET if you can write something better in another language we need the help! This is a community driven project, not one person owns it.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-07-2007 at 10:10 PM.