Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-21-2015, 03:03 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Lightbulb List instead of a drop down for Loot Window

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a loot window that has a list of users on it, rather than the Drop-Down that you have. (Kind of like the Voice Chat window)

I'm trying to make it so the "List" is on the side of the Loot Window, that has a scroll bar that spans to the height of the loot window (So if the loot window isn't tall enough, you can use the scroll bar to see the missing names).

I'm doing this because there's quite a few bugs that interact with the "Drop Down" window causing it to close (For example people zoning in or out, and sometimes voice chat can cause it to happen also).

Plus it would make it quicker to search for people, just being able to click them. Especially at the end of the zone when people are swapping alts in and out to grab gear on different accounts (Which is happening alot more recently)

So far I have made two almost-working attempts before I had raid.

I used the Listbox from the voice chat xml, along with the DataSource="GroupMemberSource" to populate the names, however I was never able to align the tables correctly, or have the "Names" actually do anything when clicked. I'm thinking I'll have to make a margin for the main loot window, and have the "Names" as a separate margin within the same window [Users|Loot] for example so I can have a fixed width on the users without it affecting the moveable size of the loot window for long item names etc.

Is there an easier way to do this I'm missing? Should I start from scratch and just make it the way I want it?

Advice?
Unread 03-21-2015, 10:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Depending on how the data works, you may need to make a separate list that feeds from the original dropdown element. And then just hide the original dropdown element out of view.

I'm not sure if this is possible without refreshing my memory of those objects.

I think when the dropdown resets, and you experience troubles with usability, it's because the list is repopulated (at one point every line of chat would close the popup, so annoying). Should a List view work for display, it may run into the same problems as the dropdown though, where it resets your selection. Not sure, just guessing.

DataSources are hard to work with in the UI in general.
Unread 03-22-2015, 03:51 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yeah that's what is causing the drop-down to close, when the list within the drop-down is updated.

So what what I understand with your reply, you are thinking that if a list is used, and an element (Player) is selected, that element may be switched or lost when the list is updated?

How does it determine the selection, by element position/ID, or by the name of the player selected?

I assume as long as the person selected is still within the list when it is updated, it shouldn't cause issues. Is that your thought aswell?
Unread 03-22-2015, 03:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Hard to say. Harder to test unless you have a couple alt accounts / people to test with.

Best solution would be the game developers fixing obviously year-old bugs within the UI that people use a million times a day. But pfff logic.