EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Quest Helper Lock?

Maybe this already exists somewhere, but I've spent the past hour searching this site and others to no avail. What I need is a way to lock the Quest Helper window so that it doesn't change to a new quest every time I accept one. I find it very distracting when I'm persuing a quest, and the Quest Helper keeps changing every time I accept another quest that I intend to do later. Currently I have to go into the Quest Journal every time, find the original quest, and re-select it to change the Quest Helper back. I waste so much time doing this it's absurd. You'd think there would be an option for this very basic preference, but I have yet to find it. No mods I've seen address the problem either.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:21 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Cannot be done by us. Sony would have to add that feature.
Unread 09-17-2005, 04:27 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

There is a mod that adds a "R" and a slider to Quest helper.
Press the "R" and it resets to the quest you had choosen prior to accepting a new one. I believe it was Jaxel or Miloquest's Quest mod... I use it whoever made it. Sorry though, I can not remeber who made it. Someone will prolly read this and hopefully tell you who the author was.
Unread 09-17-2005, 06:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked around for what you described, and I think the mod you're talking about is FetishJournalHTML. I tried it and unfortunately it doesn't work. The "R" button only resets the Helper window if you've manually changed quests using the slider -- it won't work if the quest is changed by accepting a new one. Actually, the "R" button doesn't always work with the slider, either -- seems kind of flaky.

Ah well. I'm surprised more people aren't bothered by this. To me it's like short attention span questing -- if I followed the Helper, I'd never complete a quest.