EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Zoning locks up with Fetish sometimes...

I looked for this and did not find anything. For the Past 4 nights this has happened atleast once everynite. I am using Nightfall Fetish program. When I zone during raiding from place to place my screen goes thru everthing and then says "adding character to zone" then says "loading UI interface" and my screens stayes black with that loading ui interface up, but nothing happens. I can hear my other raid members in the zone and all i can do is click the exit button that is up which takes me to windows screen. Is there anything i can do so this doesnt happen? I get worried everytime i zone with this fetish program now.

thanks
Unread 04-15-2005, 01:23 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Only happens while in a raid?

First I've heard of this so I'm guessing its something about your install.
Unread 04-15-2005, 07:33 AM
A Forest Scavenger

hmm i did install i believe right... However yeah havent noticed it locking up when i am solo, but to be honest i dont zone to different places alot unless i am raiding. I will try zoning alot solo to see if it happens there too.

I was just curious if others were having same problems but guess not. Thanks and i will keep ya posted on if it continues to happen.

Thanks...

Spaniel
PF Server
Unread 04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Not during raiding but...

It does happen rather often to me and my husband while playing that if one of us zones, it knocks the modem offline and it has to be reset. I don't know if this helps or not, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Peedlepunk
Najena
Unread 04-18-2005, 02:59 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Still does it. Did it last night when i was solo. It loads everything then says adding character to screen..then i can see my character for a split second. then goes black while all chat boxes are still up and the loading UI interface bar is up but nothing happens.

Anyway I just downloaded newest version and will give that a try hopefully that will fix it by reloading it all.

Thanks
Spaniel
PF Server
Unread 04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

This happened to me a few times last night raiding as well. Mind you I was minimizing the game often playing Guild Wars . Zoning is always tricky when the game is minimized or maximized during the process. I figured that was my issue, but if more are having trouble zoning often this could mean a real bug is happening.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Downloaded program lastnite again and installed it... Then i raided with guild and it did it again. We raided in 4 different zones and it did it in just 1 zone. Not sure why its happening to me. I dont do anything else with my computer and i have mine in full screen. Also i reboot, if i am on for 5+ hours.

I really like the program, you did a great job. This is the only problem i have.

Spaniel
PF Server
Unread 04-19-2005, 01:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Only happens while in a raid?

First I've heard of this so I'm guessing its something about your install.
Well since someone else is experiencing it I guess I'll post something about it as well. I can reproduce this effect without failure simply by playing in windowed mode and opening up Internet Explorer. If the viewable window is not EQII then my UI (your UI will freeze at Loading UI Resources. In other words if I'm looking around online at anything then I will come back to a black screen.

As far as raiding correlary goes... it could be that everyone else is simply looking online for raid target information while zoning (it does pass the time).

I've also tried redoing the install but to no avail. On top of that I do believe that it happens in any custom UI I have installed. So I don't even think it's UI specific to Zonx's.

If anyone finds anything on this pass the word along

krace
Unread 04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ah ok that does sound kinda like what I've been seeing as a general EQ issue. Seams like the client and patcher connections can get confused if other stuff is accessing the net at the same time. I often see the patcher hang if I have IE open to a page that auto-refreshes.

Could very well be the same probelm with zoning. Prbly best to avoid zoning while surfing.

Also, IE is a pig and EQ2 isn't exactly light-weight, so running IE and EQ2 at the same time is gonna tax alot of whimpier machines.
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

k will keep that in mind. Lastnite raided in 3 different zones and seems to of worked ok. Although i did not touch a button when zoning. Someone said if u try to open something or move mouse u have a chance to lock up. So i didnt touch a thing. LOL

Just FYI,

Spaniel
Fires of Heaven
PF server
Unread 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

does fetish include any chat while zoning code? i've noticed this problem when using any of those mods.. it's not an every time thing, but does happen frequently enough that i had to log out several times a night to get through a zone, and this was without being tabbed out, without ie, or any other web browsers/apps running along with eq2.. i just started deleting the hud_zoning file any time i found it in a skin.. cleared the problem up immediately. (one plus of that particular bug.. you could still type in the chatboxes while it was locked.. (the UI was still visible, as it was supposed to be, it just never finished loading the world, as it was stuck on the loading UI section) soo.. you could click in the chatbox, and type /camp and then log back in and be where you wanted to be..
Unread 04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I'm tempted to forgo the hud_zoning thing myself. It's handy but seems more problematic than it's worth. Maybe eventually someone will discover some bug that occurs with the functional UI while zoning that isn't related to outside things.
Unread 04-26-2005, 07:01 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Since I added the mini-art, the extent of the "Chat While Zoning" changes are prety much just some resized objects. There's no "Special code" to enable chat while zoning, the window just isn't covered.

Testing on my end over the last week resulted in zero crashes on Win2K Server. XP was somewhat flacky, averaging 1 crash every 8 hours of play. Might be an XP issue.
Unread 04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Since I added the mini-art, the extent of the "Chat While Zoning" changes are prety much just some resized objects. There's no "Special code" to enable chat while zoning, the window just isn't covered.

Testing on my end over the last week resulted in zero crashes on Win2K Server. XP was somewhat flacky, averaging 1 crash every 8 hours of play. Might be an XP issue.
Whats this I hear? Zonx actually plays?? I don't believe it!

Unrelated, but I have some questions btw I'd like ta pick yer brain about, if I ever catch you in game. hehe.
Unread 04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Yea, I am on Windows XP and it still does it bout 1 time a night. Just FYI. I still love the program you did a great job. Thanks.

Spaniel
PF Server
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:36 PM
A Grizzled Badger

May be a similar problem, but for me it seems that if I do a lot of zoning, then it will start taking a long time to zone... up to about 5 minutes when it got really bad. Relogging seems to clear it right up though. Haven't played with a different UI enough in a long time to say if it's just this one or not, but I'm not gonna give up my Fetish UI for that... hehe
Unread 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

very possible it's an xp issue.. but regardless, using xp, if i remove the hud_zoning.xml, i don't lock up.. and realistically.. it only takes about 5-10 seconds to zone.. so it wasn't really worth it for me.

vandiin: sounds like memory leakage. which eq/eq2, (and windows for that matter) has historically been fairly bad with.. very doubtful that the actual problem is caused by a skin, though, if whatever skin yer using is alot bigger than the default ui, (possible that loading extra pictures while zoning might add to it, but again, doubtful), then you might see more symptoms with one ui over the other.. a suggestion, try alternating the size of your pagefile, (turning it off, making it ridiculously large, just remember to wipe it out when you reset it.) you'll probably find that the smaller yer pagefile, the faster you run into problems. increasing your ram, and your pagefile could prolong your ability to play without those issues, but until the memory leakage stops, you aren't going to eliminate it.

Last edited by chylder : 04-30-2005 at 03:42 PM.
Unread 04-30-2005, 03:41 PM
A Berserk Golem

latest version of Fetish client constantly crashing and have done 2 clean reinstallls as per the readme , using tablets again
Unread 04-30-2005, 07:13 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chylder
vandiin: sounds like memory leakage. which eq/eq2, (and windows for that matter) has historically been fairly bad with.. very doubtful that the actual problem is caused by a skin, though, if whatever skin yer using is alot bigger than the default ui, (possible that loading extra pictures while zoning might add to it, but again, doubtful), then you might see more symptoms with one ui over the other.. a suggestion, try alternating the size of your pagefile, (turning it off, making it ridiculously large, just remember to wipe it out when you reset it.) you'll probably find that the smaller yer pagefile, the faster you run into problems. increasing your ram, and your pagefile could prolong your ability to play without those issues, but until the memory leakage stops, you aren't going to eliminate it.
Aye, I was thinking it was more along that line. I remember reading it somewhere on either here or the EQ2 forums a while back, but couldn't remember where. I have more ram on the way, though... should be here Tuesday. Hopefully that'll fix the problem. If not, it isn't that bad of a problem anyway.