EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Installing instruction for dumbies

I'm wondering if someone could help me install the maping system , I have tried and tried I have had friend while on line explain what to do but it is not making sense , not to say I'm complete dummy as far as computers go but I really have no clue what i'm doing wrong, I have vista 64 just got it and for the life of me i have no idea where it is to go .

I let it go to Program Files (x86)

But I made the mistake on one of my tries to load it and sent it to my desk top now thats the only place it give me now and I know that is not right , but i tried all kinda of folders and nothing is working

I don't have alot of computer smarts ~lol ~ but i follow instruction well ~

Well I not a complet dolt ~ but anyway can someone walk me though this

With Love and Devotion

Price
Unread 11-25-2008, 02:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It asks you to select your everquest2.exe, therefor click on the Sony folder, then on Everquest2 and then on the file.
Unread 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default I also have the same problem with vista

The problem is that when I get to that screen where you said to click on sony and then everquest....It won't allow me to go into my folders. It says I am not allowed. Are you seeing this? I'm not allowed to go into my own folders. I am not liking vista right now.
I tried to download the profit ui and the same thing happens except this time it just shows me all the profit ui files and doesn't tell me what to do from there.
I am completely lost. Please help in detail. I don't understand clean download. So this will have to be in dumby talk.
Unread 02-18-2009, 12:29 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I think you can right click the icon and select to run it as Administrator, this way you should get access to your files.
Unread 02-18-2009, 07:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Just a thought, but looking at the supplied screen shots, it would seem that it is an out of date version. I thought anything older than version 1.2 was no longer supported. Current version is 1.2.3
Unread 02-18-2009, 07:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That's because this thread was necroed.
Unread 02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

blah, i hate necro threads
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default still need help

Well, miraculously I fixed the permission problem on vista, but I have one more question.
I installed EQ2 map and then profit ui. I started to create the text file and install the code but there is already an eq2.ini file in there. Do I install EQ2(2).ini and put the code in there or is there something else I need to do?

Thank you!
Unread 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandria311 View Post
Well, miraculously I fixed the permission problem on vista, but I have one more question.
I installed EQ2 map and then profit ui. I started to create the text file and install the code but there is already an eq2.ini file in there. Do I install EQ2(2).ini and put the code in there or is there something else I need to do?

Thank you!
If you're using any kind of autoupdater, leave eq2.ini alone.
Unread 02-20-2009, 01:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okie doke... not touching it. So how do I download the profitui reborn? It all downloaded into my documents. I extracted it in the UI folder in everquest2 but that didn't do anything. I have no idea what to do next if I can't put the code into a text file.
Thank you for your help!
Unread 02-28-2009, 05:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Having trouble with Vista Ultimate as well here.

What I need is someone to hold my hand through the entire process step by step please. I did a search and didn't find anything that showed this. If there is a thread, please link it.

Step by step from Download to WinZip, extract to what and how, etc., etc. Then from there how to even use it.

The auto version wasn't working (was having problems with .net) so I thought I would try the manual one for the machine with Vista on it.

Was a nominal user for XP and a completely new user with Vista. If things don't automatically happen and go where they are supposed to go and I have to do it manually, I get lost.

Please help.

Thanks alot!
Unread 02-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Just use Landiin's EverQuest II MAP Updater it don't require .NET and it handles Vista's security protection.
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks, but I still do not know how to get this working from install to finish, including extracting and running the installed program.

Please list step by step pictures with Vista if possible.

The "download faq" listed next to it doesn't seem to work with this program or again, I'm just doing things wrong.

Please assist.

Thanks!