Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-03-2004, 04:48 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default PackLocation and PackSize problems

Okay, what I'm trying to do is to modify the Quest Journal window so that the two panes (quest tree, quest detail area) both resize as you resize the window, with a fixed amount of space on either side and between them.

I've got the left pane down, but the right one is being a pain. (Pun not intended but still painful... dammit I can't stop!) I got the left one working by putting it all the way on the left edge of the page and having the right edge be right at the center. Unfortunately I can't do that with both panes because that won't leave room for the scrollbars.

Also, I can't work around it by putting each of them in their own resizing page, because that makes it so the data doesn't get inserted (accursed hardcoding!).

Here's what the SOE document has to say about it...

Quote:
8.7.2 PackLocation
Type:UIString
The PackLocation determines how a widget is re-positioned when it's parent changes size. The locations are represented as simple relationships between a widget edge, and a parent edge. The Child edge goes first, followed by the relationship, then finally the Parent edge. The two relationships are:

Fixed - maintain a fixed number of pixels between the 2 edge
Proportional - maintain the proportion between the edge distances and the parent widget size

The edges that may be referred to are:

Near - Left for horizontal, Top for vertical
Far - Right for horizontal, Bottom for vertical
Center - The center point x value for horizontal, y value for vertical

Syntax example:

NFN,CPF

Horizontal: Child Near Edge - Fixed - Parent Near Edge
Vertical: Child Center - Proportional - Parent Far Edge

Horizontally, the near edge of the widget is kept a fixed distance from the near edge of the parent. Vertically, the center of the widget is kept a proportional distance from the far edge of the parent. Some combinations, obviously, are more useful than others.
My current best bet is PackLocation="FFF,top" PackSize="Proportional, Absolute", but that's still off.

I thought PackLocationProp and PackSizeProp were the answer, but I've discovered through use of the UIBuilder that they are basically references and don't actually DO anything.

What I'd really like is to figure out how to set FFF and NFC at the same time...

Any help, suggestions, insight, clues, speculation, etc. would be appreciated.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 12-03-2004 at 06:43 AM.
Unread 12-03-2004, 08:15 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default I think that document is old

I don't think the information in the document pertains anymore. In looking through the Default UI files, I never found anything that was consistent with that document. I have a feeling, they need to redocument the Pack... properties for us.