EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via AIM to g0dless420 Send a message via Yahoo to g0dless420 Send a message via Skype™ to g0dless420

Ok awesome, I will hang tight and hopefully remember to reupdate when the files are pushed through. Thanks again for the great work.
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
A Berserk Golem

I was just wondering with the new click-to-cure funtionality added to the default group/raid windows, does that affect how the profit windows will function. The patch notes said it would use either the 'Cure' spell or the potion (whichever is available). I know w/ the profit windows if you are a priest it will default to the 'Cure' spell, but will not use the potion when the cure spell isn't useable. I usually have to use an arcane pot off of my hotbar in those cases. I was hoping that w/ these new changes the click-to-cure would be able to use the spell first, but then use a pot if the spell isn't castable.
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

It's not working. I downloaded the zip file "ProfitUIGU58.zip" and tried to extract it to Everquest 2 directory. I'm running Vista and I got 50 errors from Winrar about how it wasn't going to happen. So I've been trying to do it manually only to discover zip files within the zip file that are actually different files with the same name. Now I really in a mess.

Any suggestions?

I've tried going back to the auto updater and I've really stuffed things up... "Exception thrown" windows full of jargon I don't understand popping up all over the place... So what do I do now...

Last edited by Swelter : 10-12-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, that doesnt work for me. Any idea when a profit download will be availible to fix this, love profit. I am just wondering how many days before I can play again.
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I also run vista 32, dont know if that helps any.
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

The autoupdater now has the files. Update with it. Make sure to thank Kaldran next time you catch him online for taking the time to get this stuff up there.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 10-12-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
The autoupdater now has the files. Update with it.

Silat
Any chance you can make the Welcome Screen changes as a variant on the patcher? I made the changes myself and ignored the file, but figured it might be easier for people later down the line who might not see the particular patch note about how to change it.
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Worked like a charm for me, thanks muches!
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Well, as I said, my attempts to manually extract the zip file have totally stuffed the updater. Now I'm trying to remember how I installed Profit because I can't play the game until I fix this problem. Where do I extract the profit UI Reborn Updater.Zip?
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swelter View Post
Well, as I said, my attempts to manually extract the zip file have totally stuffed the updater. Now I'm trying to remember how I installed Profit because I can't play the game until I fix this problem. Where do I extract the profit UI Reborn Updater.Zip?
Just go here:

http://updater.pala.de/
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Macro for proc?

I am sorry in advance for this completely newb question, but can someone please tell me how to make a macro for gear proc's (for the spelltimer feature)

Again sorry for the newbness
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

If you are using the hotbar10 option you would make a macro.
The macro is made by pressing Ctrl+o in game and clicking on one of the click to edit boxes. All you have to do is name it the same name as the proc you want to track. It does not have to have any steps in it. Then drag it to hotbar 10 and it will be one of the abilities tracked by the spelltimer portion of the maintained window.

Silat
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks so much!!!
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry but that is so not helpful. I've spent five hours on this and things are going from bad to worse. For some reason nothing seems to be able to be unzipped into anything Sony related. I get this error message in Winrar:

"Cannot create install Profit UI updater.url"
"Access is denied"
"Cannot create Read me.url"
"Access is denied"

These are the same kind of denial problems that got where I am now. I need to know what I'm missing because my efforts are just making things worse.
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

the link does not have any .zip file and your issues are likely because you need to run something as admin
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Everything is working great. My only issue is with the maintained window. It appears the new version gives you no choice but to sort all buffs vertically? There is no way i have room on my screen to see all the stuff in my maintained unless i can have buffs sort horizontally as well.

Anyway, i've already reverted back to the old maintained window.. but if the new one forces vertical sorting without any other option that particular UI change seems like a downgrade to me.

All that said, thank you for your hard work!
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
Everything is working great. My only issue is with the maintained window. It appears the new version gives you no choice but to sort all buffs vertically? There is no way i have room on my screen to see all the stuff in my maintained unless i can have buffs sort horizontally as well.
Look in the Variants menu of the updater. The maintained window has several variants, the duration-only one packs the icons (without any descriptive text) into the box with the duration number overlaid on it if appropriate.
Unread 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beodragon View Post
doh...yep delete'n the custom mainhud worked
um wasn't it delete the persona? I really think a lot of people experiencing issues is from not following the instructions at the very 1st post here. I shouldn't post because I left game a few weeks ago (well nearly a month) because of this very crap SoE is doing. Station Cash/F2p all done wrong. And as for this ui revamp crap its just more of a pain that its doing anyone any good. Most the changes are designed to flash more spend your dollars here crap.
Unread 10-12-2010, 07:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Before the update, the window that showed your run speed, total status etc was ok. After update, now it shows currect exp, number of guildies one etc. If I hit F10 it shows it the way it was before. Any way of getting the original bar back?
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I run everything possible as admin... Right now the Auto updater cannot find Everquest2.exe. I go into settings\file paths and It wants to find it in C:\User\documents but when I choose the Everquest2 folder it doesn't see the Everquest2.exe file and just gives me these "Exception thrown!" popups.

I've tried a clean install as far as I know what that is and I have almost spent 12 hours on this.
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I run everything possible as admin... Right now the Auto updater cannot find Everquest2.exe. I go into settings\file paths and It wants to find it in C:\User\documents but when I choose the Everquest2 folder it doesn't see the Everquest2.exe file and just gives me these "Exception thrown!" popups.

I've tried a clean install as far as I know what that is and I have almost spent 12 hours on this.
If its not finding everquest2.exe then you're pointing to the wrong install folder. For windows 7 this will normally be c:\programdata\installed games\sony\everquest 2\

SoE has never standardized where they install the game. Seems each client version decides to put it somewhere different. If you chose your own install path then thats where it is.

Also right click your shortcut to start eq2 and see where its pointing not the working directory which is what you probally saw but the path and executable in the first input box
Unread 10-13-2010, 12:04 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Eq2.exe and Everquest2.exe are fine. They are where they should be in C:\Program files\Sony\Everquest 2 and the game icon points to them. However, it is the Java updater that cannot find Everquest2.exe. It's there, it's just that it cannot see it. All attempts to redirect the updater to the correct folder using settings\file path fails.

When I run the Java auto updater the first "Exception Thrown!" error I get is this:

Quote:
Exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection

java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error C:\Users\Wolf\AppData\Roaming\ProfitUI Reborn Updater\updater.backup java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Wolf\AppData\Roaming\ProfitUI Reborn Updater\updater.data (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
After that is what the program does with "(source not found)" after it.

Last edited by Swelter : 10-13-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Unread 10-13-2010, 01:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default XML parsing error in persona window

When you load the current version of the file eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from the auto-updater into Firefox, you get an XML parsing error. According to the error message, the file is not well-formed because of a missing space character at line 320 col 117, between the Font value and the Name key:

... Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle"Name="Value_AbilityMod" ...

Maybe this explains the crashes that people have been experiencing with GU58?

Pontolimax.
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:30 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontolimax View Post
When you load the current version of the file eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from the auto-updater into Firefox, you get an XML parsing error. According to the error message, the file is not well-formed because of a missing space character at line 320 col 117, between the Font value and the Name key:

... Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle"Name="Value_AbilityMod" ...

Maybe this explains the crashes that people have been experiencing with GU58?

Pontolimax.
The crashes they were having were because of missing the Mount tab which SOE fixes with an update. Firefox will say profit xml isnt valid because its not using a strict definition since eq2 doesn't. You can put a dozen well formed pages through checkers online in browsers etc and unless the author used 100 percent the dtd for what he wrote in its gonna pop some errors up.
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Eq2.exe and Everquest2.exe are fine. They are where they should be in C:\Program files\Sony\Everquest 2 and the game icon points to them. However, it is the Java updater that cannot find Everquest2.exe. It's there, it's just that it cannot see it. All attempts to redirect the updater to the correct folder using settings\file path fails.

When I run the Java auto updater the first "Exception Thrown!" error I get is this:

After that is what the program does with "(source not found)" after it.
You file is hidden. Go to Tools Folder Options View and check show hidden files and folders. Also load java panel and select network connections use direct connection. And last but not least make clear your temporary files from the cache. Admin problems are my least favorite because even though people say they are running as admin most the time they aren't. Hence I just tell them to turn the UAC off completly. Its a failsafe for people who don't know what not to click most the time anyway