Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Tweaked some files on the updater, not sure if it helps. Let me know.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

So far so good, was gonna add that the error came and went with people coming in and out of the group but just downloaded and restarted the game and it appears to be working now.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

last night after a fresh install on v4.0.2 number 4 in group would never have quick cures or 1,2,3 available. will check it again tonight. if still not work i will download autoupdater.
Unread 10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
A Brown Bear

I use manual installl... do we know what file was updated to fix this problem?
Unread 10-19-2007, 05:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

all works for me everyone in full grp gets the cures and heal buttons
Unread 10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've been using the auto-updater to keep my ProfitUI up to date - However, with the latest set of updates it appears to have broken the sub-class detection in my group window and none of the cure buttons work and the quick buttons when hovered over, instead of the name of the ability/spell, now lists a huge string of words. I then deleted my ProfitUI folder and downloaded the zip file and used a manual installation instead - doing this fixed my problem and the sub-class detection is once again working as are the cure buttons, although if I run the auto-updater it lists several group window files it wants to update and the subclass detection xml file it also wants to update. If I allow it to do this my group window is once again broken. Not quite sure whats happened but definitely for me atm the only way to have a working group window is to use the one included in the manual install.
Unread 10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh joy, I declare myself officially in development hell - the version in the manual install works for one half of you guys and the version on the auto-updater works for the other half.

I've thrown yet another variant on the auto-updater, with my luck it will break it for everyone now.
Unread 10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Oh joy, I declare myself officially in development hell - the version in the manual install works for one half of you guys and the version on the auto-updater works for the other half.

I've thrown yet another variant on the auto-updater, with my luck it will break it for everyone now.
Suggestion: have everyone having problems send you the relevant .xml files they've got installed. Then you can diff those against your copies and see whether anything shows up. Also, have everyone list what else they've got installed to see if it's interaction with another mod. For instance, the only things I've got installed beyond Profit are EQ2Map, the POIFinder and Seagoat's inventory window.
Unread 10-20-2007, 01:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok this is coming as a suggestion on the Development. In my guild all the healers use Profit and area having some of the same issues. so here are the consistencies I've noticed. the 1/2/3 and cure don't work on people invited into the group before you, with the exception of the group leader. Also trouble shooting it with a friend, I compared her group window code with mine and there was some difference, and we both did a manual DL and install of the files. However after having her copy the group window I had into the folder she was get the sub class issue, which was resolved using the ALT + G command twice.

Hope this helps some, I'm going to try and corner a couple of our other healers and get more info for you, and get them working. Cause we all love the UI, it's very helpful

Last edited by Arweena : 10-20-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Unread 10-20-2007, 02:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymsin View Post
Ugh.. This makes no sense at all.. I have the three buttons for the first two group members and the last member, but not the ones for those in between? I don't use them because I don't know how to set them to the spells I want to set them too, but them being there for some people and not for others is just annoying..

Was working fine yesterday when I logged but now I got this today after running the Auto-Updater..
Same problem for me. I'm also noticing that when I attempt to click to cure on the people whose cure icons are broken that it switches my target to them. Sucks to find out that you've been spam healing the wrong person.
Unread 10-20-2007, 06:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just to get everyone on the same page, can you download the attached file and extract into your \UI\ProfitUI folder please? That is what you currently get via the auto-updater (if you use that one you don't need to download again).

The subclass will be detected every time you hover your mouse over the window, so I really don't see how this one could go wrong. This is basically the always-on Alt-G workaround. Please let me know how it works (the more details the better).

Arweena, thanks for details! What exactly does not work with people already in group, do the buttons not show up, do you get the "parent.parent.." tooltip just for them, is there any error message in chat?

Thanks.

Last edited by gm9 : 10-25-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 10-20-2007, 07:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just to update - i used the latest files you put out over the auto-updater and its all working perfectly again. Thanks!
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymsin View Post
Ugh.. This makes no sense at all.. I have the three buttons for the first two group members and the last member, but not the ones for those in between? I don't use them because I don't know how to set them to the spells I want to set them too, but them being there for some people and not for others is just annoying..

Was working fine yesterday when I logged but now I got this today after running the Auto-Updater..
My problem changed from all 123 buttons in grp not working - to only haveing 123 buttons for first 2 memebers.
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Is that with the auto-updater/the files posted above?
Unread 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Did what you said as per post 36 and everything seems to be working now. I could only test with 4 people in group but the cures, the 1-2-3 buttons are both working fine, and it doesnt change my target when I try to click to cure. Thank you much.
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I downloaded and installed the subclass selector for dummies that you included in this thread. Like others, I was having issues with group member 4 not having buttons. Well, now that is fixed.

I am, however, having an issue with switching targets when using the buttons. Sometimes it works as it should, sometimes I hear a ding (like the spell is not available but see not text reflecting it in any chat window) and then I noticed that the target has switched. I saw this a lot on my swashie. Didnt really notice it on the mystic (but then when in group he only spam wards on the MT). I did notice that sometimes the cures did not work. that seemed to be random. I tried using the two new buttons for queue or not to queue (now that is a question)... but I didnt really notice a pattern.
Unread 10-21-2007, 10:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrafoogooEF View Post
My problem changed from all 123 buttons in grp not working - to only haveing 123 buttons for first 2 memebers.
This seems to be working now - thank you.
Unread 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Not working here

I am fully updated via the auto updater.

The cures work for me, but the group heals do NOT. The spells that it's trying to cast are incorrect for my class level (Inquisitor, lvl 29). Obviously, I get the message that this spell is no longer available.
Unread 10-21-2007, 11:18 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

This is by design, the predefined spells are for max level only. As there is no automatic level detection (and I won't be adding it), you you need to define your own spells if you are lower level.
Unread 10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default yes...but...

I had originally assumed that was the problem. However, it would be lovely to figure out how to CHANGE those spell settings. It's not in the cure table, and I didn't find it in any of the likely files, and I have read through all the FAQ and frankly, can't figure out how to change them. Sorry, you do a good job with htis, but am really frustrated with that.
Unread 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

there is a FAQ entry on the quick raid buttons (am too lazy right now to link it, sorry)
Unread 10-21-2007, 01:56 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Non default Sub class cures

My Conj has the AA to cure elemental, so I just changed the cures.txt file for conj for elemetal to cure from none to cure elemental and now i can cure in my group. just incase others having this problem.
Closed Thread