EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Waypoint won't shut off

When I click on a point of interest and I get the "your current destination is somewhere to the..." message, it won't shut off until I zone out. I've gone into waypoints and clicked cancel, but that doesn't fix it. I've tried deleting the coordinates at the bottom of the map. I've opened the map and closed it using the "x" in the top right. It's a nice feature, but it's annoying when it won't stop. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Audrel
Covenant of the Wolf
Oasis
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:44 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Make a waypoint just at your feet (/loc then /waypoint your /loc), or a waypoint you can access in 1 meter away.
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:44 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Exact same problem. Hope someone has a solution. It's very annoying.

~Skarlett
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

A little bump on this one... I have the same problem

I even get the poi to turn on again after finishing a quest. Doesn´t work to delete the waypoint, it disappears but after anything between 5-10 mins it starts to say "your current destination is somewhere to the..."

Help is wanted
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Oh well.. I like the response to this tread...

Still got this issue all the time...
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:50 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Default Current Destination

I have the same trouble, but it seems to be mainly in Thundering Stepps, not other zones. Been doing it for 6-8 months or so. It only seems to bother toons that are the right level for TS. Higher toons don't seem to have this problem. Weird.
Dave
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

yes this has been going on for awhile now and it would be nice if there was a fix, but is it server or client side issue?
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I too have noticed /waypoint is very buggy now. When you first do it, it will indicate the direction for a while and then all of the sudden it will stop. The trail will go away, the direction text stops, but the map still shows it so you're still waypointing there. After you get close enough the trail seems to come back but I don't recall the direction text always coming back.

Personally I'm hoping that waypoint may get revamped with the new map as well... it's never been that effective at pathing (ie leads you into a wall, etc., especially indoors where theres a lot of walls and doorways). But I also know that's probably not going to happen =/
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

To cancel a waypoint click on the waypoint button on the map window and cancel the current waypoint. That normally does it for me.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:14 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
To cancel a waypoint click on the waypoint button on the map window and cancel the current waypoint. That normally does it for me.
Sorry, but it DOESN'T do it for me. Yes, this problem has been around for awhile now. It's a bit irritating but, as the map is SO useful, I can live with it. But I'm like others; I'd really like to see if there is a fix that can be done.

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM
A Griffon

Have you tried /waypoint_cancel
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

You could also pull the plug on your tower! I'm sure that would do the trick, too!

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

What Dolby said or the command pooka showed you has always worked.

When you do either on of the above methods you still have the X blinking on the map and the yellow wisp in game and the text saying you destination is bla bla bla?
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
What Dolby said or the command pooka showed you has always worked.

When you do either on of the above methods you still have the X blinking on the map and the yellow wisp in game and the text saying you destination is bla bla bla?
I get something similar. Occasionally when I set a waypoint and then either cancel it (through the waypoint window's Cancel button or the /-command) or arrive at the waypoint so it auto-cancels, it'll return. I do not get an X on my map or a trail, but I do get the game text in my chat window telling me where my destination is. Canceling it again, by either method, only stops it temporarily. Zoning seems to kill the waypoint completely until I set a new waypoint in the new zone. It's also not consistent, some waypoints cancel properly and some come back like this with no consistent pattern. My sense is this is a client problem, not an EQ2Map one, since it affects waypoints set and canceled entirely through /-commands without involving the UI at all.

I'm running the latest EQ2Map through the updater, and the latest ProfitUI through the updater. I've also got POIFinder installed (latest version).
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I get something similar. Occasionally when I set a waypoint and then either cancel it (through the waypoint window's Cancel button or the /-command) or arrive at the waypoint so it auto-cancels, it'll return. I do not get an X on my map or a trail, but I do get the game text in my chat window telling me where my destination is. Canceling it again, by either method, only stops it temporarily. Zoning seems to kill the waypoint completely until I set a new waypoint in the new zone. It's also not consistent, some waypoints cancel properly and some come back like this with no consistent pattern. My sense is this is a client problem, not an EQ2Map one, since it affects waypoints set and canceled entirely through /-commands without involving the UI at all.
I've noticed the exact same behavior, totally identical to what's described here, and I've made the same observations and come to the same conclusion.

As for me, I'm running EQ2Map auto-updating version, POI Finder (via the POI Finder Updater), and various custom UI pieces.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Probably should have said this earlier, but...

The message in the chat is generated by the server and so can't be an issue with EQ2MAP, from what I know. It's an issue with the game itself, so I encourage everyone to /bug it =)
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

It's a know bug.. scouts have been getting this since day 1. (tracking is similarly bugged, but we can at least kill the mob and it'll stop )

I notice it happens when I start to get laggy (either server or system.) prolly an issue with the client telling the server to stop the messages.

But I am no means an expert on the issue however.

(edit: nope still can't type