EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New (extra) window for maintained?

Is it possible to make a new window that has 5-6 effects, always in the same spot?

So say the first 2 spots are for the cleric's group and single reactive. Basically I want it to always display those reactives in the same spot, show the remaining duration, how many triggers... basically exactly like the current Profit maintained window, except I want to be able to pick and chose which spells go where, and always have them in the same spot.

This would be in adition to (and not affecting) the current maintained window. I want to be able to look somewhere and see that I have this spell, on this person and it has this long/this many triggers left. Would also like to be able to do this with certain procs.

Is there anywhere I could go to learn how to do this? I'm willing to work on it if someone could provide some help?
Unread 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

I've been working on something along these lines for my coercer... highlighting active mezzes, roots, stuns, etc. But while promising, I run into a lot of problems.

It seems that sometimes when the spell names change the window isn't alerted to move them around properly. I'm still working on it, but it's frustrating as the code looks like it should work but half the time the spells don't appear at all or don't disappear when the time runs out, or end up pointing at a spell they shouldn't.

I'm thinking it may require a ground-up rebuild of the idea that relies less on OnEvent scripts.

Anyhow, enough babble. I don't know if anyone else is working at this idea, but I have been and if it ever starts working right, it'll be posted.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Hmm, without meaning to... I suppose I'm halfway there. Which is only the detection of if a certain spell exists at any given time. I could probably manage a text only version of it easily enough. (Well it'd be harder with variable numbers of the same buff) Can you change a node's DynamicData field at runtime? I was pretty certain you couldn't for graphical styles... not like EQ2's hardcoding could. I haven't played with that sort of thing in a while.
Unread 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
A Griffon

Changing the DynamicData works well enough. The main problem is I'm using OnTextChanged to detect when spell names change.

But sometimes it gets called when the text has not changed. Sometimes it does not get called when the text has changed. I suppose I could just use OnShow and OnHide for everything, but then I have to check every icon every time any one gets shown or hidden.

Using OnTextChanged seemed to let me zero in on just the icons that were different. Except that it doesn't seem to work right.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's possibly lag conditions that cause it to fail, i.e. when the first maintained spell expires all following maintained spells move one position up, resulting in OnTextChanged events for all 30 spells. I've seen this sometimes that too many events in parallel causes some or all of them to simply be dropped.
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, that's my best guess as well. It definitely does appear to fail most often when a spell that has a lot following it expires. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around it at this time.

I've tried making the scripts smarter, I've tried making them dumber. For the moment, I'm out of ideas. Although maybe something'll come to me in my sleep.

I've been enjoying playing too much lately. I do most of my best creative UI work when I'm bored with the game.
Unread 06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

My mod does exactly this. I have never had it fail before. I wouldn't understand why it would. I just use the Maintained's DynamicData and filter it using OnTextChanged and an editable include file.

Take a look at my code Mother.