EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-13-2005, 01:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Talking Woot fixed it

doh hehe is easy when ya stop thinking eq1 interface lol maden images foldermoved all dds files to images and hey presto thanksfor all the hard work you do Perdi and Laffs

Unread 05-13-2005, 07:30 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutdai
umm... did that and still no image folder in PERDV8 folder or LAFSV8 was no folder in the zip file .......

not sure if i stilldoing something wrong have extracted zip into my eq2 directory (d:\everquest 2\ui\PERDV8) and add eq2.ini to (d:\everquest 2) but still no frames

sorry hope this helps
I have just downloaded both of them from the DL's section and they are all intact with the "images" folders..

Only thing I can think of is you say you extracted them into d:\everquest etc etc..... Extract to a different location and then move the files that are needed into the proper directorys from there...

And have a look through your eq dir to make sure there is no extra folders/ files in there that shouldnt be.
Unread 05-14-2005, 06:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Groupmembers I know about... And will get back on it soon as I have time later today.

The group member health on mine is a bit wonky. It shows everyone's health/power as lower than they actually are (when everyone's at 100% power/health the bar is only 3/4ths full). Is their a fix out for this by chance?

P.S. Great work laffs! Glad to see someone still working on my favorite UI. Dunno what the hell I would do if I had to attempt to fix it myself lol.
Unread 05-14-2005, 06:58 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhaamanNoodles
The group member health on mine is a bit wonky. It shows everyone's health/power as lower than they actually are (when everyone's at 100% power/health the bar is only 3/4ths full). Is their a fix out for this by chance?

P.S. Great work laffs! Glad to see someone still working on my favorite UI. Dunno what the hell I would do if I had to attempt to fix it myself lol.
You need to DL the updated version bud me's fixed that issue

Be sure to read the notes though as I have changed the folder names and stuff

*EDIT*

Oh and thanks for the thanks
Unread 05-16-2005, 05:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hotkeys issues

Hi there!

First of all, I simply *love* this interface - it rocks, and thanks for putting in the time and effort it took to get this to where it is now. really great!

Now, just downloaded the latest version, and it fixed some issues etc - but I do have a new problem - everytime i start EQ2, my hotkey bars are messed up. The keys would all maintain their button assignment, but I would end up with 2 primary and secondary/tertiary hotbars. So, my top bar would be primary, but so would be my bottom bar. The bottom bar would then have "focus" as primary bar. Image me trying to cast invisibility on A Firerock Scout. and the ensuing frenzy as you try to figure out how to kill the damn thing

If I remove the bottom two bars, and open new hotkey bars, they pop into life "unassigned" ie with no keys assigned to them. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:33 AM
A Griffon

Easiest way is to just avoid the firerock scouts and find some nice beetles to play with insted

Yeh yeh ok I hear you... You dont like playing with the beetles...

Had this problem before some guy (sorry I dont recall exactly who) found that it was to do with the char settings file I set up .... Personaly I never had this problem with any of my toons new or old...

Back up then delete "eq2ui_mainhud_hotkeysav.xml" and see if that fixes the problem...
Unread 05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hey there.

Followed you suggestions. The beetles did not take kindly to my efforts to provide them with an Aquaous Stone. Something about them being land-based animals, and the salt water wreaking havoc with the chitin in their shells. More frenzy ensued, and after some righteous slaughtering of beetles, the difference of opinion is now resolved, and there is a family of baby-beetles that are now orphaned. My heart cries for them....

Anyway, also changed about the xml files, but alas - still no joy - I will try to remove them all and place them by hand afresh. I will keep you informed.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast!
Unread 05-16-2005, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

removing all the hotkey windows, and placing them all back by hand seems to have done the trick
Unread 05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
A Griffon

Glad you fixed it... seems like the problem is in the char set up file.... And I just noticed I havent altered that said file for this UI.. So its probably been like that for a while... and will be like that for a while longer as well hehe
Unread 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Everything is working great Laffs except (you knew it was coming =P) the part of your addon that lists crushing/piercing/slashing resists on the mainhud (to the right of the stats and spell resists).

It always reads as zero even when I have a couple self buffs that add to all of them. Any possible idea on how to fix this?

Freakin great UI man thank you so much for the work you put in. <3
Unread 05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
A Griffon

Thanks...

SoE has either disabled or broke that DD for those stats... but they are down as "999" each when you log in then they set to "0" so the DD is still working... I figure leave it the way it is and see if they fix / enable it properly again
Unread 05-22-2005, 04:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hey dude,

So this whole hotbar thing started all over again - rearranged all the hotbars etc, and it seemed ok for some timew, but now the issue is back. This whole thing is supremely annoying, and i have no idea where to begin looking to fix it. Do you reckon its an issue with SOE or with the interface? I /bugged it, but they will undoubtedly give it little priority.
Unread 05-22-2005, 08:50 AM
A Griffon

Things that are different with the default hotbar and this one are:

1. The icon sizes
2. Background
3. Inclusion of name labels
4. The ability to show / hide hotkey numbers and labels

1-2 dont affect how the bars work
3 just a text box with show hide events linked to a button and the tooltip data that is sent down (basicly)
4 all this consists of is 2 buttons that toggle the visability of the numbers

Far as I know there is nothing that will affect how primary etc works off the window settings..

Have you tried to install the default hotbars and see if the same happens with them? I guess you would need to use them for a few sessions to give it a fair trial..
Unread 05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Problem With New Button In Guild Window

Hiya,

Love the UI. Has been working great until this last update. The new button SOE added to the guild window under event filters, that lets you turn off rather you send guild events is just floating around in the window. As you scroll it scrolls. I was able to check the button but now I cannot uncheck it due to it shows up behind the other filters

Thanks For the Help
Unread 05-28-2005, 07:26 PM
A Griffon

Interesting...

there is no guild window in this UI so if you have one delete it ...

eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml

If you cant see that file in the folder then it must be a problem with the button styles file... pls send me a PM to let me know if this is the case,

Thanks
Unread 06-28-2005, 02:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Any update coming?

Hi Laffs,

since the last live patch there are some problems with this UI and no update was delivered yet. I myself have problems with the quest hint window showing no background and there are buttons on the guild window that look strange (pure white background etc.).

I am not sure if this is really a problem with the UI or the work of my patching from the last live update. I would really like to see an update of this UI that I can install without the need to patch it afterwards (for this state of the UI version).

I also would like to see some improvements of this UI. As I understands you are just "maintaining" the UI and are not interested in improving it actually. So if anyone is interested in taking over this UI for really improvements, plz go ahead.

No offence to you Laffs, I really appreciate your work. My lack of UI knowledge stops me from mainting this UI by myself, so I am happy that someone with the knowledge jumped in. But you have your own UI and I think we need someone that really loves this UI and improves it further. Otherwise this UI is dying slowly...
Unread 06-28-2005, 04:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Besides the visual HUD components, the UI uses default windows. Just delete the offending window from your directory and all should be fixed.
Unread 06-28-2005, 08:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Besides the visual HUD components, the UI uses default windows. Just delete the offending window from your directory and all should be fixed.
Well, I am talking about the Quest-Hint Window (the window showing the current selected quest). And this is a visual HUD component....
Unread 06-28-2005, 11:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I also would like to see some improvements of this UI. As I understands you are just "maintaining" the UI and are not interested in improving it actually.
If you take a look you will see that there has to be at least 5 versions of this UI already and another offshoot of it on the way by the looks of it... So what is the need to throw more stuff into this one?

Quote:
So if anyone is interested in taking over this UI for really improvements, plz go ahead.
In what capacity gives you the right to issue a statement like that?

In my view it is better to preserve it the way Perdition left it and keep it running out of respect for Perditions work... And as long as I am it's keeper thats how it is going to stay I sorry to say, If somthing has to change visualy it will only be because some LU requires it...

People are free to copy the whole UI and change it anyway they see fit... But the original is going to be the original...... Besides the download count is still going up...

I will load this UI up later and recheck everything possible myself to make sure it is all still working as intended..
Unread 06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
If you take a look you will see that there has to be at least 5 versions of this UI already and another offshoot of it on the way by the looks of it... So what is the need to throw more stuff into this one?
What I would like to see is, that someone really thinks about this UI and tries to improve it, not just fixing stuff it is not working anymore. There may be other UIs based on this one, but they differ too much for my taste.

Quote:
In my view it is better to preserve it the way Perdition left it and keep it running out of respect for Perditions work... And as long as I am it's keeper thats how it is going to stay I sorry to say, If somthing has to change visualy it will only be because some LU requires it...
That's exactly how I understood you and that's what I am afraid of.

Quote:
People are free to copy the whole UI and change it anyway they see fit... But the original is going to be the original...... Besides the download count is still going up...
That's perfectly ok with me. By saying "taking over of this project" I wasn't requesting from you to give away the maintenance of this project or the original name. I really appreciate your work; without you, this project would be dead already. But I think this UI is dying now too, it just happens slower.

What I wanted is to encourage someone to copy this UI and really try to improve the UI in the spirit of perdition, keeping the basic layout but still trying to work on it to make it more useful.
Unread 06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
What I wanted is to encourage someone to copy this UI and really try to improve the UI in the spirit of perdition, keeping the basic layout but still trying to work on it to make it more useful.
Is that not what I have already done in my 2 other versions of this UI ???

There is only so much you can do to keep in the style and after that the style starts to fade........

If you want more usefulness as you put it, I surgest you mix and match some of the other windows from the other UI's in this style to gain what you need ??
Unread 07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Angry Question

For some reason on the upper part of the UI under the journals im missing the stats below there apparetenly its one window unfortunately i can only see the Journal help window and not my stats is this a 1 file issue or what cuase no matter what i do it wont come back can anyone help me please

Meayen

Also is there anyway we can get the guild window setup like the one for Milqetowst??

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by Meayen : 07-06-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Unread 07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

Have you tried to change the view on that window ? like frames etc in window settings as its that what shows/hides the stats.... Failing that set that window back to it default location and try again.. That works if you been using other mods as some windows will still hold old settings..

As for the Guild window I dont see the harm in dropping a 'skinned version' of that one in with this UI as it dont have its own version.... Send me a pm in few days if I forget to do that then lol

Unread 07-06-2005, 07:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Arrow Laffs

Greetings when i goto window settings change from frame to no frame and nothing happens other then a white line around the box i run this UI on two accounts one is fine the other isnt.... Using

Addons

Mookzoning

Jaxels Skinned Journal

Both computer are set up identical i even started over lol is there a certain file that i can replace to reset that particular window ?

Thanks again.

Meayen

P.S i cant wait to see the skinned version of the guild window

Last edited by Meayen : 07-06-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Unread 07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
A Griffon

Never had that problem with eitehr of those mod's unless jaxel slipped somthing in to bork the active page lol I dunno...

But this is the file you need to replace 'eq2ui_journals_active.xml'

And that should fix it... as I use a slightly alt skinned version of Jaxels quest journel in my other mods