EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-30-2004, 09:44 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New UI group

I grouped togeather some other peoples UIs and made a quite a few changes.. here is the result:

Image:http://thrasher7.com/Image:EQ2_000006.jpg
Download: http://thrasher7.com/images/thrasherui.zip

I am trying to make a very compact UI for myself.
The most major change i made was to remove the paperdoll from the inventory

If you have any comments/suggestions.... that would be great.
Unread 11-30-2004, 10:26 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

If my UI i posted ever gets put on the Download list... you have about the most compact UI you'll find
Unread 12-01-2004, 12:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

ummm

1) What's wrong with the download system here? Why are you bypassing it?
2) You said this is a collection of other peoples interface pieces, so wheres your credits list?
Unread 12-01-2004, 06:05 PM
A Brown Bear

nice. just one request, could put back the coins in the inventory. Makes it easier to bank. There is some blank space between inv and bags. Just a suggestion.

great stuff.

epic
Unread 12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
A Forest Scavenger

ok, it showed up on the download page now:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3276

I gave full credit and a list of what exactly i changed there, it just wasent up yet at the time of the post.

For the coins, you can actually just drag the coins off the player status bar in the top, the blank space in then inventory is for inventory overload but i will make room ofr it and toss it in in the next day or 2.
Unread 12-02-2004, 12:44 PM
A Brown Bear

I can't speak for everyone, but I just cannot understand why resist stats keep appearing on player windows. Does anyone really stare at those on a minute to minute basis? Scrap them, save some space. They show on persona window and that's good enough.

Same with coin. Who really watches that constantly while fighting? leave it on inventory and get it off the player window.

The health bar is not vertically aligned with the level bar. Likewise the power bar is not vertially aligned with the trade exp bar. Blocking the alignment on these will make the panel look better.
Unread 12-02-2004, 01:05 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

well i can not tll you why others like having stats on there player window and money weight and such but i can tell you why i do.

The reason i like it is that being a caster with not much stats on Str i do not have time some times or dont bother to open another window to see if im getting close or over weight so if needed im not over weight and die cuase i cant run all becuase i didnt see or notice that i had 1 tomany items on me or didnt have time to move the cursor over to the window and look for some Icon and read it, rather i just have to look down and see im 64/65 weight or look at the STR stat right there and see that its read or even knotice that i have like 500 CP on me. This can go for alot of stats, and if your fighting alot and fast pulls with just grabing loot fast as it pops up on the auto random loot and debuffs or weakens cast on you, you just always have time to look at some icon speicaly if you never seen it before or just looks close to another non debuff/weaken.

In all its easyer to see theres a problem when you see a red stat and they figer out if something needs to be done or wast that little bit of mana on your self when it could help a group member when its not totaly needed. like say im a caster and i got a debuff on me that lowers my AGI its of no concern to me and would rather the guy that could cure it use him mana on somthing els then wasting it on me, where as if i got a INT debuff on me ill ask for the cure cuase it hinders me and i could go on.

now does that ancer your question?
Unread 12-02-2004, 11:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher
I grouped togeather some other peoples UIs and made a quite a few changes.. here is the result:

Thank you Thrasher I love it =)
Unread 12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimond
well i can not tll you why others like having stats on there player window and money weight and such but i can tell you why i do.

The reason i like it is that being a caster with not much stats on Str i do not have time some times or dont bother to open another window to see if im getting close or over weight so if needed im not over weight and die cuase i cant run all becuase i didnt see or notice that i had 1 tomany items on me or didnt have time to move the cursor over to the window and look for some Icon and read it, rather i just have to look down and see im 64/65 weight or look at the STR stat right there and see that its read or even knotice that i have like 500 CP on me. This can go for alot of stats, and if your fighting alot and fast pulls with just grabing loot fast as it pops up on the auto random loot and debuffs or weakens cast on you, you just always have time to look at some icon speicaly if you never seen it before or just looks close to another non debuff/weaken.

In all its easyer to see theres a problem when you see a red stat and they figer out if something needs to be done or wast that little bit of mana on your self when it could help a group member when its not totaly needed. like say im a caster and i got a debuff on me that lowers my AGI its of no concern to me and would rather the guy that could cure it use him mana on somthing els then wasting it on me, where as if i got a INT debuff on me ill ask for the cure cuase it hinders me and i could go on.

now does that ancer your question?
You wrote exactly why i do. I need those stats for the exact same reasons. Ive had more than on a few occasions been overburdened, now that i have the stat up, i know when im getting close and need to go sell/bank.

I dont need all the info that is available, but until someone makes a more compact one, ill have it up.

later,
Unread 12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default The player info box

Just curious as to where this is seperate or who is workign on it. All I can get is a grey background with the icons being grey and color, no transparency is working or if it does it just looks WAY off due to the fact that you have grey boxes surrounding the .tif pictures.

Is there and update or anythign for this single mod to the UI.

I mean the eq2ui_mainhud_player thig with all the stas hich I do liek since its all in one locale. Woudl just liek to get teh transparency working properly.
I think all it woudl take is some transparency on the tiff itself but its been so long since I worked in tif I cant remebr if its supported.

EDIT:
My apologies for the poor spelling I never noticed it yesterday. But it seems my keyboard was all messed up and I had to replace it.

Last edited by ACiDXiAN : 12-04-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Unread 12-06-2004, 11:01 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Your UI

I dont know if this is for everyone - but the Yellow % for Tradeskills is not working for me. Everything else is working fine though.
Unread 12-06-2004, 02:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroysa
I dont know if this is for everyone - but the Yellow % for Tradeskills is not working for me. Everything else is working fine though.
A known bug. It's not working for anyone.

Unread 12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher

Why not post your UI here. we have the bandwidth for it, and you can track how many downloads you have.

just a suggestions..

Kudane
Unread 12-20-2004, 12:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Oggok

Count me in for the Yellow exp on Tradeskills not working too.

Also, one the inventory screen, there's a whole area to the right of it where you can click and move the inventory screen without having your mouse on it (seems like an invisible part of it). Sometimes it can be bothersome if you have a window there but can't get to it. Meanwhile, I dont think you can move the inventory window by dragging the Stat side.

That's about it. Other than that, this is awesome! I mixed it Euda's 3/4 hotbar with no bank selector.

I went from the clunky and bothersome old UI to this, and it completely changed my game experience.

Last edited by Kudav : 12-21-2004 at 11:46 PM.