EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 08-12-2005, 06:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Tradeskill required component calculator

I doubt this could work into the interface, though I am not a programer, so who knows. I was thinking of a calculating type windowed software that uses information from the available recipes in a chacreters recipe book and uses that with a data base of required items from what is needed in EQ tarade skilling for each item. I know this must sound confusing as I am not sure how to put it. Basically You select say a Turquoise fashioned braclet. Then there has to be a box where you can type in the number you want to make. Via the data base, based on the icon chosen from teh recipe book, it will then show a tally sheet of exactly how many you will need of each item, from consumables such as candles or water, to washes oils resign, to metal or gems or severed wood or roots or any such item it will take to make each and every item that it will take to make each and every combined/refined item, that will take to make the number you choose of the recipe. So you will then get a auto compressed list of exactly each and every item it will take, total and type(including options), based on the idea that you will not fail or cancel out. an extended version of this could also include taking into account what you already have in your inventory on you, and the list would then in this option tell you how much more of what you need. Maybe a radio button of 'what I need, total' and another of 'minus what I have on me'. I think a little program like this would be the most awesome timesaving item I could possibly have as a tradeskiler. No more wasted trip to the bank because I should have brought 3 extra tubers or 7 more electrum, or wasted coind because I bought 3 turquoise instead of just the 2 I needed and now I would also save on storage space of all the extra stuff that you have to keep organized and or remmeber to grab when you go to tradeskill the next time and when you move to the next tier you have to decied what you should do with teh items you have left, keep incase, sell or give away etc. I could just see this saving so much time between these things I have listed and or having to remmebr all these numbers in your head and calculate them in the first place. I am a sage and I figure I make about 120 spells or so per tier to level through by makin gone of each spell. It would be so much nicer to click on a spell and say 120 of it and get a huge shopping list that i know I can go and not collect for a second longer then it takes to get exactly what I need. and not having to wait until the end to sell off the over gathered items, but instead be able to put them up for broker sale that the beggining instead of the end, bringing in that little extra cash while I am crafting instead of oafter I craft from the tier before which is not in scale coin wise with what I am workuing with. I think I have rambled on long enough. I am way to tired to be typing this clearly, i hope it makes sense to someone and they have the time to crank this out for me and others I know would like this streamlining of everquest II tradeskilling. My wife asked me to calculate everything for her, she is a great player but does not like math, so I thought this would be a great addition for lazy math people like myself and the unsure mathematician that still wants to craft but hates taking the time to calculate everyhting and then still wonder if they got it right. Thank you in advance,
tyrecies
Unread 08-12-2005, 08:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Vanyari

I don't know about an in-game solution, but you can find what your looking for (if I understand you correctly) at EQ2Craft. Take Threadbare Cuffs as an example. Check this page http://eq2craft.computersims.com/Recipe.aspx?id=181 and you'll see the following:

Raw Ingredients Shopping List
Bold denotes primary components, italics denotes fuel components.

2 Raw Roots
1 Raw Elm or Roots
4 Raw Average Plant
4 Raw Threadbare or Roots
6 Liquid
6 candle
8 filament
1 incense

Component Tree
Bold denotes primary components, italics denotes fuel components.

1 Threadbare Cloth (Artisan, Level 4, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Threadbare Thread (Artisan, Level 3, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Raw Threadbare or Roots
1 Chloro Oil (Artisan, Level 3, Chemistry Table)
1 Raw Roots
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 filament
1 Threadbare Yarn (Artisan, Level 3, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Chloro Wash (Artisan, Level 3, Chemistry Table)
1 Raw Average Plant
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 filament
1 filament
1 Generic Threadbare Pattern (Artisan, Level 5, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Threadbare Thread (Artisan, Level 3, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Chloro Oil (Artisan, Level 3, Chemistry Table)
1 Raw Roots
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 filament
1 Pressed Papeterie (Artisan, Level 3, Engraved Desk)
1 Raw Elm or Roots
1 Raw Average Plant
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 incense
1 filament
1 Threadbare Padding (Artisan, Level 5, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Threadbare Yarn (Artisan, Level 3, Loom (Sewing Machine))
1 Raw Average Plant
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 filament
1 Raw Average Plant
1 Liquid
1 candle
1 filament
1 filament

Hope that helps.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

http://eq2ct.sunrise-development.com/