Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Wow I just re-read all my post.. I wanted to say.. I'm still going through all this in my head (and in code).. That's probably why my post(thoughts) are all over the place..
Sorry if I try to over explain some things or don't explain other things.. The things I explain are probably on my mind at the time and it helps me think..

Everything I ask for is just asking.. So if something cannont change I understand that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goal:
I'm trying to make the plugin system as modular as possible..
So that plugin system itself is seperate from the mainhud_map as much as possible.. But allows plugins to be very robust & flexible.. (Add buttons, pages, onshow options, etc)

Goal:
I want to make it so no plugin makers cut functionality out of the default coding (or a skins coding).. However, they will be able to add to the end of them, because, the callback events..

Goal:
There should be a callback system for OnTitlebar, OnFrame, OnHide, OnShow, OnMinimize, OnRestore..

Goal:
I want to get the changes in the map system down to 2 includes and a handful of lines of script in the mainhud_map..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now the way it's set up I can make plugins.xml a blank page and the plugin system is basically removed.. I want it so the whole system can be unplugged. If you change something in the mainhud_map it sits in it shouldn't break the plugin system.. Unless you remove the includes and the script support..

There are 2 reasons for me wanting to change your buttons like that.
1. I want the minimize feature to be a standard feature of eq2map..
2. I DON'T want a modder to write there own (No reason to repeat a function) they should be able write a button that calls your fuction and add to it with the "callback event" that is called..

You would have to use on activate for all buttons you want to call in script If I recall correctly. But not 100% positive.. I came up with that Idea, tested and started using OnActivate in most of my buttons for a while..

I believe:
The OnPress event is only called when the user presses the button in game.. And, not when I activate it through a script call..
OnActivate is also called when the user presses the button in game..

It's pretty much the same technique as hide/show but you can also activate with mouse..

You don't have to change The MapBorder at all.. Just give me the map underlay and it can be a blank page and hidden in the default setup.. I can't add this through a plugin because the plugins should sit on top of everything else, a tan backdrop over the map and poi's is useless.. I don't think it should be named Window_MapUnderlay then.. It should be TM_Plugins_MapUnderlay or something.. I will think of a way to change it..

I want atleast the plugins.xml to use the includes in this way.. Doing it that way makes it very robust/flexible.. Doing the minimap that way demonstrates how robust/flexible it is (I can add a whole bunch of pages right to the main map page if needed).. I can probably contain the whole minimap in one window but It actually makes the script longer in my opinion (more typing anyway).. I don't think it's any less efficient just more flexible..

If I put all the plugin# pages inside the plugins page then I add the pages I need for the minimap and the dock button to a plugin# page.. to access the MapPage from the minimap window for example I would have to type in script..

Parent.Parent.Parent.MapPage.Visible=true
The way it is now I can just do:
Parent.MapPage.Visible=true

Deathbane:
Did I offend you or something in my last reply to you? If I did I'm sorry.. I did not mean too.. I was trying to reinforce your statement not trying to be a Smarta$$, which it kinda came off as.. Haven't heard from ya since then on this subject.. Any thoughts on the subject?

Edit: I'll work on it some more a little later tonight.

Last edited by Talyns : 03-08-2005 at 06:51 PM.