EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default ExtremeUI reverts to default on logout

Just like the title says. I'm having an aggravating problem with my version of ExtremeUI. I had it set up on my old PC and it worked flawlessly. I got a new PC on Tuesday and installed EQ2. Got up and running, moved my UI folder(s) from the old PC over to the new one. Logged in and set to getting the UI formatted to my tastes.

Logged out, and back in... default settings. Used /loadui loaded extreme... had to rest the hotbars and such. Then I zoned, and camped to player select and exit. Thinking the game should shut down like that to save my settings. Logged in... default again! The windows are where I arranged them in Extreme. But it's the default EQ2 UI. I've tried deleting the "server_name_uisettings" file while in game and when I'm not in game. Still everytime I logout in extreme and log back in, I get reverted to the default UI.

Now the weird thing is. You would think if my version of extreme wasn't compatible. It would revert on a zone. It doesn't. Once I set it up. I can play for hours and have no problems. It just when I exit the game and get back in it reverts to the default UI.

I'm getting pretty annoyed to be honest. IS there anyone out there that knows a fix or some tips on how to save my settings?

Last edited by Twinked : 12-12-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

What UI you use is contained in eq2.ini -- make sure that file is pointing to the right thing.

The reason you keep getting reverted to the default is that you are using /loadui, which only loads a UI for the *session*. To use it all the time you need to fix your eq2.ini.
Unread 12-12-2008, 06:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
What UI you use is contained in eq2.ini -- make sure that file is pointing to the right thing.

The reason you keep getting reverted to the default is that you are using /loadui, which only loads a UI for the *session*. To use it all the time you need to fix your eq2.ini.
Oh Em Gee! That is so right! Thanks! Now I feel like such a dork.