EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-05-2006, 03:05 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trouble moving/arranging hotbars

Hey. Grabbed EoF today and fired up my EQ2 account - haven't played in about a year. Downloaded ProfitUI because I used to use it (glad to see it is still going) and installed it with no problems. I run in 1440x900 (native resolution) and I just hit cancel when the game starts and asks for a profile. No problem.

The problem is with moving the hotbars. You know how you can resize hotbars horizontally so that you can scrunch up one bar into two bars? Well if I stretch one hotbar out lengthwise so that all the icons are in one row, there is no area on the hotbar itself that registers as valid spot so that I can drag the window and get it lined up where I want it. If I resize the hotbar vertically I can see a black area underneath it but when I let go it just snaps back up and dissapears. Somehow I was able to get that "black part" to stay up and if I put my mouse in that area it registered as a spot where I could then drag the hotbar window but then when I tried to line it up flush with the hotbar below it, that black bar covers the bar below it and even if I change the transparency I can't click the stuff below it. This is rather difficult to explain. I shouldn't be having a problem finding a spot on the bar where I can get the game to recognize that I want to move the window around but I am.

I tried with no success to somehow get a tab (like on the chat windows) to show on a hotbar (I guess that isn't possible) so that I could drag the windows around but nothing is working. Its like when one of the hotbars is in a single row (where all 10 or 12 icons, whatever the amount is) are in a line, there is no spot on the hotbar where the icon changes into the crossed arrows indicating that it is ready for you to move it around.

If you need me to explain it more I will try but I'm getting really frustrated.

edit: I forgot to mention that even if I pull an ability out of the hotbar so that there is a black space between two other abilities, the game does not let me drag the window around when I click in that area. The window is not locked, either.

Last edited by Dark_Matter : 12-05-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:00 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

with eof the code for hotkeys has changed. you notice it by not being able to move those windows in the old way now. empty spots are not recognized as handles anymore. only visible parts of the frame and background are. hotkey mods with zero deadspace (plus zero icon padding) aren't movable anymore, without resizing them to something like 8+2.

i don't use profit, but if you're lucky there's a small padding between the icons, try grabbing them there.
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

right click hotbar and make sure option show slider is on. then in the last hotbutton box, there is a little square, click on it and drag the hotbar to where ever you want. hth's
Unread 12-05-2006, 01:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

You've explained more than enough Dark_Matter. Since you have managed to find this ProfitUI forum, check out the F.A.Q. that is stickied at the top. Reading thru that carefully should answer any questions you have about how to move, change or understand any of the ProfitUI windows.
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Thanks everyone for your replies. It worked like a charm. Sorry for such a long-winded request for help.