EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-01-2016, 05:05 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Loading UI Resources

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this but I have recently started having an issue with getting stuck for a few seconds at Loading UI resources, its almost a full 5 seconds. A friend told me he saw something about how to fix it but the only info I have been able to find about it had to do with people that were crashing from it. For me it just seems like its hanging up for longer than it should. I am currently using Profit and would appreciate any help with regard to this issue. If this isnt the right section for this question I apologize in advance. Thanks for any help.
Unread 08-01-2016, 05:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This is probably as good a place to ask as anywhere.

A lot of people notice delays like this during loading. The references you found probably refer to people who get a network timeout or client crash if the delay runs too long. I've had that happen in the past.

I have not seen any unusual delays in the 'Loading Resources' part of the process, but I am seeing new bits of lag recently in other areas, especially when I am playing on Isle of Refuge.

As for making the problem go away, I'm not sure what to suggest other than deleting the local cache files. Someone else may have other ideas. There's also the option of doing a clean re-install of the game. I do that every few months as a precaution against bit rot.

As a side note, I don't think any of this is a UI issue. I personally think it's network related.

-= Therendil =-
Chief Cat Herder
ProfitUI Community Edition
Unread 08-01-2016, 05:49 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Thanks for responding, appreciate the info and Ill try a clean reinstall of the game, will it undermine the clean install if I save my UI file and ini info and replace it after I do the reinstall of the game?
Unread 08-01-2016, 06:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjThaPimp View Post
Thanks for responding, appreciate the info and Ill try a clean reinstall of the game, will it undermine the clean install if I save my UI file and ini info and replace it after I do the reinstall of the game?

Before you do a clean install, try putting the following line in your eq2.ini file:

cl_load_ui_resources_timeout 0

Since you are using ProfitUI, you can go to the Settings page in the ProfitUI CE Utility and check the box that says "Eliminate the 10-second 'Loading UI resources' delay when zoning". The utility will add the line for you.

Unread 08-01-2016, 05:27 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Awesome, thanks

I wasnt actually using the updater so I didnt see that I modify a few pieces but thank you so much for letting me know about that

Last edited by DjThaPimp : 08-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 08-01-2016, 08:29 PM
A Griffon

If you decide to do a clean install of the game, yes, you should copy your customized ui_settings files to another location so you can put them back later. A clean install of just ProfitUI would not affect those files.

I never knew there was that 10 second delay until Darq told me about it. I have no idea how long that setting has been in place, but I am glad to be rid of it.

-= Therendil =-
Chief Cat Herder
ProfitUI Community Edition