EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-12-2004, 09:30 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Targeting Circle

can some one make or tell me how to make a targeting Circle. if you not sure what i mean, its the circle that rotaits around the mob tha tyou have targeted.

I have no problem with it before i got my first Mez spell. But now that i do have it i am finding it realy hard in a fight to see what mob i accualy have targeted, its way to small and blends in with the coloured circle alread around the mobs.
Unread 11-13-2004, 01:50 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

We are currently baffled by SOEs targeting circle.
However, there's an opacity setting for it in the options if that helps.
The best thing to do would be to turn on targeting arrows. (makes a big arrow appear over your target) They're WAY more identifiable than the stupid circle.

Unread 11-13-2004, 06:47 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

hmm thats a good idea, didnt know about them.

i did some looking last night after posting this and i found 2 files for there Targeting Rings. they are ring_target.dds and ring_target_con.dds i downloaded an addon from here for Potoshop and was able to open them and change there looks, problem was when trying to save them though, it talks about the Alpha will be changed, i seen that there was like 4-6 different alphas to set. I only tried one and it didnt work and file was 1/3 the size, i will try others and see if they work, by not ajusting the pic's at all till i dont get the message or the files are the same size.

I have seen though that from using some of your UI's that you did that when i loaded them in that after a short time i crash to Desktop. Am i doing some thing wrong? also i messed with a few files my self but i can not get them to load in like yours did, even when loading them in with you files and your skininfo.xml file still only loads yours, any clue as to why?
Unread 11-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

How are you loading your custom UI? Currently if you use /loadui you will crash &/or the interface wont work correctly. Check the sticky in the help forum about the eq2.ini work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimond
hmm thats a good idea, didnt know about them.

i did some looking last night after posting this and i found 2 files for there Targeting Rings. they are ring_target.dds and ring_target_con.dds i downloaded an addon from here for Potoshop and was able to open them and change there looks, problem was when trying to save them though, it talks about the Alpha will be changed, i seen that there was like 4-6 different alphas to set. I only tried one and it didnt work and file was 1/3 the size, i will try others and see if they work, by not ajusting the pic's at all till i dont get the message or the files are the same size.

I have seen though that from using some of your UI's that you did that when i loaded them in that after a short time i crash to Desktop. Am i doing some thing wrong? also i messed with a few files my self but i can not get them to load in like yours did, even when loading them in with you files and your skininfo.xml file still only loads yours, any clue as to why?
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

ya didint know about the eq2.ini till after i had made that post, was using the old /loadui.

All better now though although i didnt get thoughs .dds files to work but love the Targeting arrows.