EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1
Default Loading and zoning screens

Is there any (easy) way to revert back to the default start-up loading and zoning screens? It isn't really a big deal, but I enjoy checking out the concept art while zoning, especially the new stuff for RoK and the art being made so much smaller makes it kinda hard to fully appreciate them.

I like being able to chat while zoning, but I find the chat usually doesn't go through immediately anyway, so I guess I'd be willing to sacrifice that ability in order to see the full size concept art while zoning. If, however, there is a way to retain the ability to keep the chat windows open AND see the full size zoneing screens well, that'd be peachy-keen.

I guess I should say that I am no coder, but I'm also no dummy, so if anyone could post instructions on how to do so, or an already customized file, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks for the annticipated help
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

99.999% sure that if you want the full size zoning screen, you're not going to be able to see the chat.

Also, the chat goes through most times so long as the zoning is beyond 'receiving zone info' -- when you're sitting there it won't go through (and theres a few other points, but they're much quicker than the normal waiting at receiving zone info).
Unread 01-21-2008, 12:11 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

No, you cannot have both. To get the default stuff back, simply delete the "offending" Fetish files. Not having those files directly in front of me, I cannot tell you their exact names, but Zonx/Fetish is very good at naming them accordingly.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

I've tried this before and it didn't work, but figured I'd try it again in case something changed. However, I tried simply moving the offending xml's again and the results are.....strange.

I removed eq2ui_loginscene and I did get the default start-up loading screen, but it was off center, it was pushed over to the right and up a bit, and seemed to be the size of my in-game screen minus the letterbox I use (in other words, it was the size of my in-game view-port).

I also removed eq2ui_hud_zoneing to similar results. The default zoning screen did come up, but it too was pushed off to the right and up a bit, the same size as my view-port again.

Also, in addition to the default zoneing screen coming up, my UI DID stay visible during zoning. Well, some of it was indeed obscured by the zoning screen....this leads me to believe that I CAN indeed have it the way I'd like, having the default zoning layout AND the UI staying up. The reason I believe this to be possible is b/c the zoning and loading screens seem to be the size of my viewport, So, I need to figure out why the zoning and loading screens are loading off -center and if it's possible to align them with the letterbox. I keep almost all parts of my UI that are always visible in the letterbox and off the main screen, so if there is a way to align the loading/zoning screens w/ the letterbox, it could be done. Anyone know how to do that, or what's going wrong?

edit: Ok, after looking at what is going on a bit more, it seems that the loading screens aren't exactly the size of my viewport, but rather they seem to be a set size. I went and copied the default zoning xml file and added the line that allows me to move the zoneing screen, and while in there I noticed a line that determines the size of the image, and it was set to 1024x780, but that isn't the resolution I play at, but I imagine that it's just the default or something. Anywho....I also noticed that the reason the UI isn't visible while zoning is b/c the zoneing screen overlays it and the UI isn't visible through it. Just thought I'd throw my observations out there.....as a temporary fix I lowered the size of the zoning image so it fits perfectly within my viewport, but that's really the same as it was before.....also, what is the xml to center an image? is it alignment=center,center or something like that?

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 01-21-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Fetish is scaled to 1280,1024, the Default to 1024,768, that's why you see stuff off center.

As for zoning screens, not sure if this one here is still compatible: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...oadscreen.html
Unread 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Fetish is scaled to 1280,1024, the Default to 1024,768, that's why you see stuff off center.

As for zoning screens, not sure if this one here is still compatible: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...oadscreen.html
Thanks for the suggestion gm9, I tried using that mod and it didn't work. Well, that's not entirely true, it did make the UI lay on top of the zoning image and such, but the zoning screen was still off-center and not the size of the screen.

All I really want to accomplish w/ the loading screen is to be able to see the new concept art that is visible while zoning in Kunark and I am getting the feeling the easiest way to do this would be to simply increase the size of the images and keep the formatting that Fenix used. Maybe I'll increase the image size to 800x600, that should fit while not covering up any of the UI elements.

I did however, work out my own compromise w/ the frontend loading screen. I replaced the screen that was being called in the Fetish loading xml, which was the epilepsy background, w/ the default Kunark background. Now, the only remaining issue that I have, is it is still tinted a bluish color and I can't figure out why, I don't see any reference to hex colors in the xml, unless I missed it. But does anyone know how I can get rid of the bluish tint on the frontend loading screen?

If anyone has any further suggestions, or solutions, I would very much appreciate any help. And I'd like to give another thank you to everyone that has already helped me in this thread.
Unread 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyboy420 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion gm9, I tried using that mod and it didn't work. Well, that's not entirely true, it did make the UI lay on top of the zoning image and such, but the zoning screen was still off-center and not the size of the screen.

All I really want to accomplish w/ the loading screen is to be able to see the new concept art that is visible while zoning in Kunark and I am getting the feeling the easiest way to do this would be to simply increase the size of the images and keep the formatting that Fenix used. Maybe I'll increase the image size to 800x600, that should fit while not covering up any of the UI elements.

I did however, work out my own compromise w/ the frontend loading screen. I replaced the screen that was being called in the Fetish loading xml, which was the epilepsy background, w/ the default Kunark background. Now, the only remaining issue that I have, is it is still tinted a bluish color and I can't figure out why, I don't see any reference to hex colors in the xml, unless I missed it. But does anyone know how I can get rid of the bluish tint on the frontend loading screen?

If anyone has any further suggestions, or solutions, I would very much appreciate any help. And I'd like to give another thank you to everyone that has already helped me in this thread.
On the outermost <Page> element of that XML file try changin the size from what is probably the 1024,768 to 1280,1024 and see if that fixes the centering... I recall having to do that with the LoN window when it first came out since Fetish uses that different base size. Basically you're telling it to make the window smaller (which won't be a problem if the window itself isn't that big, but the LoN one was... also makes it off center).
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

how do u make it so u can chat while zoning?????

i would like that.

could some one tell me how ot do that. plz
Fleedasone/Everfrost/Guardian
Maxiumuheal/Everfrost/Fury
Guthios/Permafrost/Necromancer
Nudeo/Permafrost/Dirge
Harrypotter/Everfrost/Wizard
Unread 01-23-2008, 02:29 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

From what I can remember, chat can be somewhat laggy when zoning, as well as unresponsive for the first few seconds (input)
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivlar View Post
how do u make it so u can chat while zoning?????

i would like that.

could some one tell me how ot do that. plz
Either use a mod like Fetish that does it automatically or otherwise change your zoning window so that you can still see your chat windows. It's not perfect (thus probably why its hidden by default) as you can't always send or type but you can still at most points.