EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default DrumsUI AoD Updates

Hey all,

Forgive me if I don't get to the AoD UI updates right away. I don't really plan on buying the expansion, at least not right away. I dislike the direction the game is going, but I'll be continuing to play and raid for now since I'm not required to have the expansion to do so. I didn't get invited to beta until last minute and I've been busy since Thanksgiving here.

I'll try to update the files using compares and the UIBuilder. I'm guessing I won't be able to test much of the new features out in-game.

So this is my official post on the topic, any other topics created will probably be ignored. So please post any information future or current in this thread, and I'll get to it as I can.

Thanks,
-Drum
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Oasis
Default Thanks

From those of us who are getting the expansion and use some of your components, a sincere thank you.

I, too, question where EQ2 is headed. However, it is still better than WoW.

Doon of the Kan clan
Paladin, Armorer, Transmuter, Tinkerer, & Generally Nice Guy
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

There are a couple of screens I couldn't access in the beta with DrumsUI. I also experienced a shopping bug where on a buy screen I tried to purchase something and received this error instead: "The price for X is unknown." It may have been a beta bug but I am not sure.

I was able to enter someone else's Dungeon (from Dungeon Maker) but I think the Interface piece for DM needs to be connected to the EQ2 Menu Window and/or Persona Window.
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I believe most of the updates for Dungeon Maker, Warders and TS Apprentices are all in the Persona/Character window (lol), so yes this will be the main focus of the update I'm sure.
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:33 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I used the UI files I had from Beta, and a new patch is up on the DrumsUI updater.

I won't be updating the Manual download until later tomorrow when I see the final XML updates. Again, I don't have access to the actual expansion yet, so actual testing will be coming from guildies/other players.
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default DrumsUI and the dungeon creator

is anyone else having an issue trying to build a dungeon.. I hit the create button but nothing happens
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:18 AM
A Griffon

Looks like they also added A Share Section to the Persona window where you can setup share options for Facebook, Twitter, and EQ2Players. I just found out about it but haven't swapped back to the default window to check it out for myself. I may swap it out long enough to configure it and then just use /commands after that.

I can see not getting this update. It seems to be just a feature update really with no actual new content as best I can tell (I did get it). Anyway, once again, thanks for all the work you put into it.
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The updater version has the updated Persona window, and I put the EQ2 share features in the Options tab. It was only 3 checkboxes, so I thought no need for another tab (plus I ran out of space).
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:31 AM
A Griffon

Well, I did get the Twitter part working so that bit seems OK.

However, I did notice with this new window, that when I CTRL-CLICKED a piece of equipment in the equipment section to show it in the Dressing Room window that nothing would happen. The mouse turned into the spyglass but clicking did nothing. If I examined the item and then CTRL-CLICKED in that window it would work. I'm going to try the default UI window now just to make sure it still works there.
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:19 AM
A Griffon

CTRL-CLICK doesn't work with the default persona and dressing room windows either so I submitted a /bug on it.
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Dungeon builder

Any ideas why I cant open the dungeon builder window, I click the create button in the persona tab and it does nothing, so not sure if its a conflict with the UI or something else. any input on this would be appreciated.
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uurson View Post
Any ideas why I cant open the dungeon builder window, I click the create button in the persona tab and it does nothing, so not sure if its a conflict with the UI or something else. any input on this would be appreciated.
Make sure you are not in a house. In Beta it worked in a house but returned you to the wrong version of the house so my guess is they disabled it while in housing. This might apply to guild halls as well.

Silat
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default DrumsUI and the dungeon creator

OK. did some research to help.. it seems that the Dungeon create button spawns a window and should show an instance in the panel.. but nothing is showing up when I hit said button.
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

On the character/persona window when hitting create dungeon a popup comes up to select layout and name it...I get the message the dungeon was created but it's not showing up in the list so that I can edit or delete it. I uninstalled Drums UI and it's listed in the default UI list so I know it worked but with Drums UI it doesn't show up in the list.
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbear5 View Post
On the character/persona window when hitting create dungeon a popup comes up to select layout and name it...I get the message the dungeon was created but it's not showing up in the list so that I can edit or delete it. I uninstalled Drums UI and it's listed in the default UI list so I know it worked but with Drums UI it doesn't show up in the list.
Someone has gifted me some SC cards today, so I will try to to check it out. Like said, I was unable to test changes. So keep your eyes open for another update sometime tonight after midnight.

Has anyone tested Warders with the Drums UI?
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Someone has gifted me some SC cards today, so I will try to to check it out. Like said, I was unable to test changes. So keep your eyes open for another update sometime tonight after midnight.

Has anyone tested Warders with the Drums UI?
I've not seen any issues with Warders on my Beastlord, but my BL's only 30, so someone else may have more experience in that regard.

Just converted to Drums when the expansion came out, other than the Dungeon Maker not working (same issue as the above), I've liked it. Keep up the good work.
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Low priority but with the addition Beastlords, the broker class picking has been messed up slightly. Hitting set lvl and class now puts you at the wrong class. Guessing Beastlords shifted all the class "numbers" down one (except maybe assassin?).
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Indeed, already noted. Thanks
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thanks

And Just so you do know.. we REALLY appreciate your work.. just wanted you to hear it.. I LOVE your UI and have gotten like 2/3 of my raid force to using it since I joined them

Thank you for your quick responses they are more appreciated than there are words
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:52 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

First, thanks to all the Interface authors out there. Keep up the good work. Always been a big fan of Profit but also using Drums too!

Second, I noticed that SOE has integrated the Station Cash mechanic directly into the game world now. Now there seem to be NPC vendors selling everything from Expansions to SC Mounts. It might be useful to show your SC totals alongside your platinum and especially on vendor windows. I think the majority of us may be preferred that SOE kept this stuff out of the game but SC is here to stay. I also believe that pre-paid game cards for game time have been replaced with SC cards. So that is another consideration to keep in mind.
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Uploading the fixes and some additions to the Patcher and manual update soon.

I modified the Beastlord's new Savagery bar to be resizable as needed (vertically and horizontally)
Also added a grab handle to the beastlord hotkey bar so that you can move it easier in minimized mode (hide the frame to hide the handle).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beastlord_ui.jpg
Views:	1376
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	7766  
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks Drums, looking forward to the new hotbar taking up less space.

I did notice one minor thing with the new savagery bar on the patcher.
The old one had a mouse-over pop up, showing a numeric total for your savagery. I wasn't seeing this pop up on the new one.
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaldan View Post
Thanks Drums, looking forward to the new hotbar taking up less space.

I did notice one minor thing with the new savagery bar on the patcher.
The old one had a mouse-over pop up, showing a numeric total for your savagery. I wasn't seeing this pop up on the new one.
Mouse over the % on the left, or the level on right for the tooltips.
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Let me out

The right click on myself to leave group/raid is not working. Was it changed or moved to a button?

I love this UI and I hope for those of us that keep playing you will keep the UI up and running as perfect as you do now.
Unread 12-12-2011, 03:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I changed nothing, and have not way to change right-click options like that. If it's not working like it used to, it's possible it's a bug or an unintentional change of theirs.