EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-06-2005, 02:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default Client Crash to Desktop when using Custom Store Window

With the changes in Live Update #6 to the Store Window versions prior to anything updated 04/06/2005 may cause you to Client Crash to the Desktop when clicking on the Bulletin Board in your room. Quib's Quick Search Store Window has been updated to reflect the changes in Live Update #6. If you are using that Mod there is an update available to fix the Crash. If you are using a UI Mod that includes a Modified Version of Quib's Quick Search Store window the author of that mod will need to update that file similar to the modifications made to Quib's file today.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Doh wrong post somehow... Nothing to see here!
Unread 04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Thanks for getting this topic up and for doing up the XML update Humudce. I sincerely appreciate it.

Here's a link to the download http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3408 so as the day goes on, and more updated downloads stack up, you won't have to search for the link to the file.

Quib
Unread 04-06-2005, 03:51 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

i know you're not responsible for his, but fetishclassic store is also crashing thanks to this patch.

im going to drop your xml in my fetish dir and see if it sorts it out.

*EDIT, that didnt work btw. for the fetishclassic entire rework w/ your fixed store inlay. game didnt like it much. CTD Im sure your fix is fine, the combo isnt any good.

Last edited by Stanley Tweedle : 04-06-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Unread 04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

To fix it I did a compare to the Old Defalt Store Window, to the new one and noted the changes SoE made, and then did a compare to the Old Default Store Window to Quib's old Store Window Mod, and basically added Quib's Mods to the Old Store Window to the New Store Windows Default Code, and tweaked the Search Button Position a little to make it look right and all is well now.

Unread 04-06-2005, 06:09 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

i've noticed a bug with this window. it's been there from the first version i downloaded to the current update(just confirmed it's in LU6 patched version).

If i have a list of say 6 poisons to sell, by default they are all marked free. I click set price and click 65sp then click OK. the newly priced item drops to the bottom of the list visually as it is now the most expensive. but the highlighted item remains on top. This is all as per the default UI. the problem is, although the visibly highlighted item is now the new top item, the reference below that (in the area with the 3 buttons) still shows the one i just priced. The default UI switches that reference to the new top item. ie whatever is under the highlight, so i can just click set price again. With this mod i have to click on the already highlighted option to force the ottom section to update to the unpriced item.
Unread 04-06-2005, 06:32 PM
A Berserk Golem

As a last resource, if your UI is crashing try the following:

Remove the files bellow from your UI folder, or delete them

eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_options.xml
eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml
eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml

Planetside: RedScorpion-J e Hugo-J (New Conglomerate - Markov server)
Star Wars Galaxies: Mortimer [Bloodfin]
Everquest: Goldmoonn -Shaman65- [Povar] [Character Profile for EQ1]
[ My Interface for EQ2] [My Interface for EQ1]
Unread 04-06-2005, 07:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
i've noticed a bug with this window. it's been there from the first version i downloaded to the current update(just confirmed it's in LU6 patched version).

If i have a list of say 6 poisons to sell, by default they are all marked free. I click set price and click 65sp then click OK. the newly priced item drops to the bottom of the list visually as it is now the most expensive. but the highlighted item remains on top. This is all as per the default UI. the problem is, although the visibly highlighted item is now the new top item, the reference below that (in the area with the 3 buttons) still shows the one i just priced. The default UI switches that reference to the new top item. ie whatever is under the highlight, so i can just click set price again. With this mod i have to click on the already highlighted option to force the ottom section to update to the unpriced item.
We may have to go back and look at the coding to see what is wrong. I may have missed something when fixing the Crash Bug.

Unread 04-06-2005, 08:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Goldi,

I try'd using the method you said and it's still happening (crash when accessing market from player housing merchant board) so that isn't fixing it for me
Unread 04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Humudce, it's nothing you missed, it's part of the screwy technique I used to get the selected item name and had to make a fake highlight overlay. Some things have changed and been discovered since I made the first version, so I'll go back and see if it's fixable now.

Quib
Unread 04-06-2005, 10:17 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Humudce, it's nothing you missed, it's part of the screwy technique I used to get the selected item name and had to make a fake highlight overlay. Some things have changed and been discovered since I made the first version, so I'll go back and see if it's fixable now.

Quib
just FYI, regardless of screwy technique and extra clicking i still use the mod it's one of the best. course i seem to say that alot, but then i only really post on the threads about the ones i like.. if i ever meet you, humudce, and the eq2map peeps there's gonna be some serious "love you man" going on, in a total platonic non-gay way.. ..
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

I just find this kind of funny..... this was in today's patch notes 4/7/05. Although we made it a priority to get a fix for the issue live soon after the servers came back up after Live Update #6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Update Notes: April 7, 2005 4/7/2005 4:00 AM
*** Controls, Commands, and User Interface ***

- Users with custom UIs should no longer crash when using the new offline consignment interface.

Unread 04-07-2005, 10:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

There are still some issues with some custom UIs... I'm personally useing Fetish Nightfall, but I've spoken to others with the same problem.

My Store window will come up now, but only includes 1 item...

Item Price For Sale
Missing item name 0 Yes

I can't add anything, and I can't price anything, so I can't sell anything. Ok for now, as it hearkens back to the late great days of gfay-mart... lol