EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Minor issue since live update 20

After the update yesterday I noticed all my windows when viewing items shows me the info, but behind the text it says "enter description here" or something like that. This may be an old issue or not even related to the patch, but I only noticed it yesterday.

Any ideas to get rid of it would be appreciated.
Unread 02-22-2006, 12:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

It is in the tooltips part of the eq2ui.examine.xml file that was changed in LU20.

The text portion that has "Description goes here..." is NO LONGER needed.

If you are good with UIBuilder, you can load the examine.xml and look for the tooltip portion..

Open the Tooltip page, and DELETE the TEXT file called DESC.

Save, and make sure your changed file is in the correct directory (custom directory if you are using one). Then restart eq2.

Last edited by depechenode : 02-22-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
It is in the tooltips part of the eq2ui.examine.xml file that was changed in LU20.

The text portion that has "Description goes here..." is NO LONGER needed.

If you are good with UIBuilder, you can load the examine.xml and look for the tooltip portion..

Open th eTooltip page, and DELETE the TEXT file called DESC.

Save, and make sure your changed file is in the correct directory (custom directory if you are using one). Then restart eq2.
How about us that are NOT good w/ UIBuilder?
What to do?
Unread 02-22-2006, 11:44 PM
A Griffon

If you are using a custom examine window, then you need to wait for the author to post a Patch for it. I am uploading mine tomorrow. If you are using default files, delete the eq2ui.examine.xml from the default directory and re-run Check All files when you logon.

Another option, wpuld be to open the examine.xml in notepad or wordpad and edit out the text "descrition goes here.." BUT, I warn against this as I do not know the EXACT syntax you need to delete. You could potentially "Break" the examine windows by doing this, so I DO NOT recommend this method. ONLY use this method if YOU ARE 100% positive you can delete the correct stuff and not anything else.

Other than that, see my first solution, and wait for the modder of your custom file to patch it.

Last edited by depechenode : 02-22-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 02-23-2006, 12:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default fIx for you

Ok, i've tested it and I have it fixed. Just find that eq2ui.examine.xml file. You'll find it in your UI folder.. for instance I use Fetish.

Before you start copt that file and paste it in another directory and use it as a backup.

Open it in notepad and search for "Description goes here..." when it finds it, Just replace that with a letter.. for instance "l" works perfectly. Search again and replace that one with "l" as well. There should only be two places that say "Description goes here..." but just for fun, search again. If it says nothing found, then hit save and restart EQ.
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:32 AM
A Griffon

The replace with "|" should work, but it is best to get rid of the text file all together IMO. As I stated, many authors will have a fix for their mods soon. By using a search replace, you will see the "|" instead of the "Description goes goes here..." when the tooltip opens up. This might be a minor hinderance as opposed to the full line of text, but it is not the 100% way to fix the file.
Unread 02-23-2006, 11:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
The replace with "|" should work, but it is best to get rid of the text file all together IMO. As I stated, many authors will have a fix for their mods soon. By using a search replace, you will see the "|" instead of the "Description goes goes here..." when the tooltip opens up. This might be a minor hinderance as opposed to the full line of text, but it is not the 100% way to fix the file.

Oh I agree 100%.. I was simply providing a temporary patch until the author comes out with a fix. having the l there is much better than having that whole line of text.. I dont even notice the l.
Unread 02-27-2006, 01:16 AM
A Forest Scavenger

The tooltips in the UI that I'm using were working fine 2/25, but when I logged in on 2/26 I got a pop up that told me the tooltips wouldn't work with my UI anymore. I haven't made any changes to the sxamine windows or anything like that. The UI I'm using is Incubi Siver. Yes it's old, but it's nice. Any thoughts on what to do??