Unread 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Awesome. Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I've sent the update off to Kaldran to put on the updater, and uploaded the zipfile here in case people need it quicker than it gets made available on the updater. Once I get the last things done, I plan on putting up the full download zipfile.

Bits yet to do:

The default tradeskill window isn't working yet, I still need to construct the Experiment pane and fix all the scripting that the change in structure broke. I did fix the old larger variant, the one that's just a slight variation on the default UI's window, and temporarily switched the default tradeskill window to it. I'll switch back once all the variants are working.

The duration-only maintained spells window doesn't include the new stack count. I have to shift numbers around to make enough room for the third number.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
A Griffon

And the files have hit the updater, so you can go there instead of downloading and messing with the zipfile.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM
A Berserk Golem

I did the ui update but the splash screen still is showing all messed up for the expansion name. Please add this to the todo list.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Default Run Updater today?

I briefly skimmed through the posts in this thread...when I get home and run the profitUI updater...what will be abnormal when I launch and run the game? Just curious so I know what to expect...thanks a million for supporting profitUI. Its old faithful for me!
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedycerv View Post
I did the ui update but the splash screen still is showing all messed up for the expansion name. Please add this to the todo list.
Then your update is to the wrong folder The splash screen comes up fine. Make sure you do not have it on ignore and also that you don't have it set as read only.
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
A Berserk Golem

Oops, it was pointing to the beta server, thanks!
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaman82 View Post
I briefly skimmed through the posts in this thread...when I get home and run the profitUI updater...what will be abnormal when I launch and run the game? Just curious so I know what to expect...thanks a million for supporting profitUI. Its old faithful for me!
The only thing you should notice is that the tradeskill window may not be compatible if you were using the small variant or had explicitly selected the default version. That can be fixed by switching to the old, larger version based on the default UI's window. If you had no variant selected for the tradeskill window, it should've switched to the larger version automatically.

And the distance meter won't show up in the target window until you enable distance in the options screen.
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
OK, I got the first download of the UI files from Live. I have to check the graphics files visually for any additional elements, and there's one difference on the tradeskill window I need to put in the large variant before I upload. I should have an upload before the servers come back up.
Tradeskill window still not working, was wondering if ther eis another place to DL the update to fix it. I had the large variant by default selected.
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence_1 View Post
Tradeskill window still not working, was wondering if ther eis another place to DL the update to fix it. I had the large variant by default selected.
What's not working on it? It's a straight copy of the window from the default UI. One thing: try reverting to default (no variant selected), then reselect the variant. I've seen it fail to update the zipfile sometimes, and clearing and reselecting forces a new download with the correct files.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
A Griffon

ok what is this

•The revive/respawn window with the new point-of-need rez-in-place

so far I have only seen a revive button so am I missing something?
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
ok what is this

•The revive/respawn window with the new point-of-need rez-in-place

so far I have only seen a revive button so am I missing something?
It's a change to the revive dialog. The button moved to the left, and there should be a set of silver upwards-pointing triangles on the right with a price in SC below them. If you mouse over the graphic, the tooltip should describe it: you can buy a rez-in-place directly off the revive dialog.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:28 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
It's a change to the revive dialog. The button moved to the left, and there should be a set of silver upwards-pointing triangles on the right with a price in SC below them. If you mouse over the graphic, the tooltip should describe it: you can buy a rez-in-place directly off the revive dialog.
Hmm not seeing that at all I'll double check to make sure I have that window updated.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Hmm not seeing that at all I'll double check to make sure I have that window updated.
It's eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml
I'll double-check it the next time I get myself killed. Should be easy enough, just take my mule and poke one of the epic guards.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
A Griffon

Ok this is what I see is this feature only in the new zone or is it that the item isn't available right now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000062.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	7958  
Unread 11-14-2012, 01:40 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Ok this is what I see is this feature only in the new zone or is it that the item isn't available right now?
It may not be available. I see the Revive button shifted like it should be, but no SC revive graphic. When I revert to the default UI I see the same missing SC revive button. It may be the game's hard-coded to only display it in a dungeon or something. In the default UI the SC revive button overlays the regular revive button, and there's no hint in the XML what's going on there, so it may be hard-coded behavior. Or they may just not have that feature fully implemented yet.

There's a similar element named the same ("PonPage") in the knowledge book's research page, for instantly completing research. Profit doesn't mod the knowledge book, so if the SC button doesn't appear there the feature must not be completely in-game yet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of software development, where you're expected to magically do the right thing when they don't document what the right thing is or how to do it.
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
What's not working on it?
Originally it gave me a warning that my UI was not compatible with the tradeskill window, now every time I click on the workbench the game crashes completely. By telling me to "revert to default and select the variant" are you telling me to switch to the default UI completely or is there a way to just swap to the default setting in the user options menu?

Sorry if it seems a little noob but there's several of us in the guild that crash if we click on the crafting table and can't make heads or tales of the problem.
Unread 11-14-2012, 02:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence_1 View Post
Originally it gave me a warning that my UI was not compatible with the tradeskill window, now every time I click on the workbench the game crashes completely. By telling me to "revert to default and select the variant" are you telling me to switch to the default UI completely or is there a way to just swap to the default setting in the user options menu?
Not switch to the default UI. Go into the ProfitUI Updater, the Settings | Variants menu item, select the Tradeskill Window from the pull-down and hit the Default button. That resets the tradeskill window variant and forces the updater to download the default file (not any variant). The message you're getting is typical of the case where an old file's still there. That sometimes happens when you've got a variant selected for a window, the updater fails to download the variant's zipfile and unpacks the variant file from the old outdated zipfile. Forcing it back to the default should force the updater to remove the variant and download the default file to replace it.

If that doesn't work, go to the UI/ProfitUI folder, delete the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file and re-run the updater. That'll force a re-download of the tradeskill window file.
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Any chance you can fix the large crafting window to once again have the enter key act as the repeat key when you finish a combine? I miss being able to craft by keyboard already =(
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
A Griffon

That's on the list, yes, along with the rest.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM
A Griffon

I've sent another update up to Kaldran with the following in it:
  • The default tradeskill window's now working, Experiment tab and all. The large variant's still a minor modification of the default window, I'm working on a proper update of it and the small variant. Not sure I can get the small variant to work well with the pull-downs for the Experiment pane, they take up a fair amount of room.
  • Updated the duration-only maintained windows to add the new stack count in the upper-right corner of the icons. The proc count was shifted left to the upper-left corner. The size of the icons makes the numbers a bit cramped.
  • Updated the target and implied-target windows to make the distance numbers a bit more obvious and less likely to get lost against the clock/compass.
  • Fixed the broker window to include levels up to 95.
  • Updated eq2.ini with a few more minor settings. None of them are required, and if you've already got a customized eq2.ini there's no reason to overwrite it.

On the to-do list:
  • Finish the large and small tradeskill window variants.
  • Clean up the group windows a bit. I'm still trying to get group member elements down to the old 38 pixels from the 44 I had to go up to for SOEmote, but so far I'm not having a lot of luck so I'm going to clean up the irregularities in the XML and then try a different approach.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Exception Issues

Hi there. Wanted to say thank you for a great program.

When CoE went live, I did my profit update and it worked just fine.

Several days later, after the hotfixes, I went to update it again, or see if needed to, and now it wont update at all.

I am getting exception errors, being told to enter the folder EQ2 is in, when I try and do this, the exception window keeps popping up and will not allow me to enter the information it is requesting.

please help!
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
A Griffon

Hmmm. I just started the same thing this morning when I tried to update. Previously, I did have a couple of occasions where trying to launch from the regular shortcut cause an "Unable to Launch Application" error. I was able to work around that by launching from the web site. Today, however, the app is throwing multiple exceptions and cannot find the EQ2 executable.

Do I need to scrub and reinstall, or is there is simpler fix?
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM
A Griffon

I think the standard fix is to go to http://updater.pala.de/ and use the Launch button from there to allow reinstallation of the program (use IE or Firefox or any browser other than Chrome, Chrome doesn't handle Java correctly). If it starts from there, reset the desktop shortcuts and if that doesn't clean things up reset all the program settings. If it won't launch off the web site, you may have had Java's autoupdate bork things. Uninstall and manually reinstall Java making sure if you're on 64-bit Windows to install the 64-bit version last if you install it at all, then try going to the updater web site and repeating the above.
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
A Griffon

Sounds like a Java update may have scrod things, since the errors all happened when trying to launch from the Launch button at updater.pala,de. I guess the next step is to uninstall and reinstall Java. I never bothered to install the 64-bit version, so it should be fairly simple. Must remember, however, to make sure I turn off automatic updates.