EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default possible problem

i was having the same issue. I did some troubleshooting and believe found the issue

my issue was with one xml file that i needed to delete before adding to sage

it is example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml that is part the the map spoiler

delete this if you use the map spoiler

sageui already has this in his files.

i hope this helps
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Group and pet windows.

Hi,

Hope your move goes smoothly for you.

I do have 2 probs tho with the gu25 version of your UI.

The graphics in the windows for group members has no back ground. It is just white with no background. Also same with Pet window.

Also in second Pic I've uploaded the buttons on the bottom of the inventory window seem to be missing some buttons.. one is the commandcenter button and also the bagstrip seems to be missing some as well ie.. open all bags etc...

What can I do to get them back?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000013.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	5113  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000014.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	5114  

Last edited by Eshaac : 07-18-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Unread 07-19-2006, 01:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzen
Hi,

Hope your move goes smoothly for you.

I do have 2 probs tho with the gu25 version of your UI.

The graphics in the windows for group members has no back ground. It is just white with no background. Also same with Pet window.

Also in second Pic I've uploaded the buttons on the bottom of the inventory window seem to be missing some buttons.. one is the commandcenter button and also the bagstrip seems to be missing some as well ie.. open all bags etc...

What can I do to get them back?
Same problem here also, great UI wish i had the command center up though.
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:13 AM
An Undead Settler

Server: Nektulos
Default Fixes

This should fix your problems with the inventory, grp, and pet windows. Just extract file to your Sage UI folder and accept when prompted to overwrite.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fix1.zip (241.9 KB, 356 views)
Unread 07-20-2006, 07:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242
This should fix your problems with the inventory, grp, and pet windows. Just extract file to your Sage UI folder and accept when prompted to overwrite.

Sage

Hi, well yep that fixed em alright, but now I'm getting this. And still missing some of the buttons on the bagstrip ui.

p.s... this error happens when I press the commandcenter button in the inventory window.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000015.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	5130  

Last edited by Eshaac : 07-20-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:23 PM
An Undead Settler

Grr. Soe beestards, lol. Guess I will have to change that button to a different style. Will do tonight and repost. Wonder why they did that. Doesn't really make a whole lotta sense but its an easy enough fix. Thanks for letting me know.

Sage
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile Great Job

Thanks for the latest fixes. This UI is GREAT!!! I used to use Fetish, which is another great UI in it's own right but your interface is much cleaner and has some way cooler features. Only thing I would like to eventually see (and I understand this takes a great amount of time as it is since Sony updates or changes things more often than I change my clothes...not really), is make the adjustments to the windows that still appear in the default style, such as the guild window, and so forth. Your background is way cooler.

Even without that...Great UI....thanks for all the hard work!!!!
Unread 07-21-2006, 08:52 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Hi, well yep that fixed em alright, but now I'm getting this. And still missing some of the buttons on the bagstrip ui.
The fix for the journal has been done by Krull already. Download it HERE

The bagstrip file can be download below. I saw no problem with it that isn't in the origional download but I posted here just in case somehow yours is corrupted. This bagstrip is a modified one and is not the same as Fetish's just in case that is what you are thinking. This has new buttons. Yours may be in the collapsed or the minimized position. You can only see all the buttons when it is maximized. I will upload updated UI right now too but for those that already have versions 25.0-25.2 just download the fixes here in the forums and the from the link above.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip bagstrip.zip (1.9 KB, 391 views)
Unread 07-21-2006, 09:07 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraline
Thanks for the latest fixes. This UI is GREAT!!! I used to use Fetish, which is another great UI in it's own right but your interface is much cleaner and has some way cooler features. Only thing I would like to eventually see (and I understand this takes a great amount of time as it is since Sony updates or changes things more often than I change my clothes...not really), is make the adjustments to the windows that still appear in the default style, such as the guild window, and so forth. Your background is way cooler.

Even without that...Great UI....thanks for all the hard work!!!!
Thank you very much!!! I have always intended on reskinning this UI to make it completely uniform with the backgrounds and I promise to do so eventually. Right now RL is taking alot of my time right now with the move I am doing. I am not even playing Eq2 atm 8~( Once the move is done I will be back to my modding and Eq2 playing addiction again. Believe me, I am having my withdrawls already. It will be worse once I have to shutdown the computer to move it. Of course that is the very last thing to get packed, hehe. Glad to see everyone enjoying and using the UI. There are ALOT of people using the UI now and I hope you all share it with as many as possible. It just keeps getting better and better.

Sage
Unread 07-22-2006, 07:25 PM
A Griffon

Default bagstrip

Just a quick note to let you know the bagstrip does not work for me. I get that not compatible error. So I dowloaded one from fetish and edited it and put the togglebags button on it. Works great now. no more errors of anykind.. Will add the other buttons at a later time, tho the only one I really cared about was the bag one "I" . So much easier to open them .

I do Love this UI
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:27 AM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzen
Just a quick note to let you know the bagstrip does not work for me. I get that not compatible error. So I dowloaded one from fetish and edited it and put the togglebags button on it. Works great now. no more errors of anykind.. Will add the other buttons at a later time, tho the only one I really cared about was the bag one "I" . So much easier to open them .

I do Love this UI
Is anyone else having a problem with the bagstrip??? I can't check other than looking at the xml code and it all looks fine so if it doesn't work now then good ole soe did something to mess things up in the last update. I will look into this a bit more to see what the imcompatibility issue is. Please let me know if this is a global problem though so I don't go shooting in the wrong direction. I can't wait to get my Everquest up again. This move is killing me, lol.

Sage
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:45 AM
An Undead Settler

Default Bagstrip Fix

LOL. It was a VERY simple fix. Soe added a version number to the xml code. Here's the new file. Uploading new version on the main download site now. Thanks Turzen for the info.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip new_bagstrip.zip (1.9 KB, 410 views)
Unread 07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242
LOL. It was a VERY simple fix. Soe added a version number to the xml code. Here's the new file. Uploading new version on the main download site now. Thanks Turzen for the info.

Sage

Yep.. Everything works GREAT. Thanks for quick response and updates

rating..
Unread 07-24-2006, 07:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Default don't know if I can change this

I see a 1 2 and r over the NPC MOBS and so on. is there a way for me to turn this off.
Unread 07-24-2006, 09:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicof1
I see a 1 2 and r over the NPC MOBS and so on. is there a way for me to turn this off.
Yeah, it is simple, delete the eq2ui_proxyactor.xml file

What i would like to see is a single window for the targetting bar that would include player health, aswell as implied target health... much like the one found in the Dracokyn mod... thankya kindly
Unread 07-24-2006, 03:18 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeere
Yeah, it is simple, delete the eq2ui_proxyactor.xml file

What i would like to see is a single window for the targetting bar that would include player health, aswell as implied target health... much like the one found in the Dracokyn mod... thankya kindly
I will see what I can do. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for reinforming everyone how to get rid of the 1,2,R. I have stated how to do so in this forum already too. If someone has a question alot of times it has been answered already. Please look throught the forum first to see as this will save you time. Thank you all the same and as I said I will see what I can do about making this mod. Might be nice to have both together for easy watching health during combat.

BTW there are instructions for the UI included. It is in a text file in the ReadMe Files folder in your SageUI subdirectory. There is a file on customizing, installing, and instructions. I do need to update them a bit but for the most part they are accurate.

Sage

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-24-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 07-25-2006, 05:37 AM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up New StatBar

Made a new stat bar last night. Saw Dragowulf's and decided to pull an all nighter combining the two. Here it is. I also have an update to the UI too. The compass, clock, and startbutton were incorrect. Here's all of them in one file as well as the new statbar with a pic. Its a nice 4-way statbar.

Sage

Working on stat bar. Needs some fixing. Will repost when done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SageUI_Statbar.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	5176  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Clock_compass_start.zip (4.8 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-27-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Unread 07-27-2006, 06:22 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Everfrost
Unhappy

well messed around with it for a bit, cant get window to show...

this correct?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Activated="true" alwaysonbottom="false" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="0,707" MaximumSize="1024,1024" Name="StartButton" PackLocation="left,bottom" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,-061/0001" savessettings="true" ScrollExtent="62,62" Size="62,62" UserMovable="true" Visible="false">
OnShow="show_window=(mainhud.personabar) show_window=(mainhud.personabar)

well played around with it more

/show_window mainhud.personabar

i did

/show_window mainhud.statbar

and got window to show up but its all black?

its just the window with all the info on it other ones work.

and i cant get it to where it shows up auto
Unread 07-27-2006, 08:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

Talking

ok got it all to work, just downloaded the whole ui.

with the stats bar could ya take off the hp/ mana since its all ready on player bar? and spread out rest of info so its easier to read.

another thing could ya take off the time off of xp bar or what ever its called and spread out the percentages so they not over lapping. time also allready on compass/ start menu

thanks much

rest looks great so far, first time useing this ui Thanks alot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	5181  

Last edited by kool25 : 07-27-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Unread 07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
An Undead Settler

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool25
ok got it all to work, just downloaded the whole ui.

with the stats bar could ya take off the hp/ mana since its all ready on player bar? and spread out rest of info so its easier to read.

another thing could ya take off the time off of xp bar or what ever its called and spread out the percentages so they not over lapping. time also allready on compass/ start menu

thanks much

rest looks great so far, first time useing this ui Thanks alot
It looks like everything is a bit messed up here. Looks good in ui builder but not in game. Might be the resolution. I will definately fix. The stats bar needs some work it appears. I will have to work on later tonight as I don't have time atm. Thanks for the info. Atm I cannot play eq2 so I can't see what the mods look in game. I am doing a move and the final move is this Monday. Next weekend I will be able to play Eq2 again and these problems won't arise again as I will be able to fix the mods before posting after seeing what they look like in-game.

Sage
Unread 07-27-2006, 11:05 AM
A Sea Turtle

also want to add i still unable to get the stats to show up auto after getting the whole ui going.

the volume settings that are on start menu, is there away to save those?

every time a start eq2 my volume is real low..

Thanks

Last edited by kool25 : 07-27-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Unread 07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
the volume settings that are on start menu, is there away to save those?

every time a start eq2 my volume is real low..
I had the same problem. Found the "how_to_sliders.txt" file in the read me files folder. Made the changes it said but was still having the same problem. So i took the instructions it gave me and applied it to the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml file in the SageUI folder. Just use find (under edit) in notepad and search for
UpperLimit="20" Value="
just as I typed it there with the quotes. There whre 2 sets of code for each slider (i.e. master, combat, and music). That fixed it for me.
Unread 07-27-2006, 10:06 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elomos
I had the same problem. Found the "how_to_sliders.txt" file in the read me files folder. Made the changes it said but was still having the same problem. So i took the instructions it gave me and applied it to the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml file in the SageUI folder. Just use find (under edit) in notepad and search for
UpperLimit="20" Value="
just as I typed it there with the quotes. There whre 2 sets of code for each slider (i.e. master, combat, and music). That fixed it for me.
Thank you for that fix. I will check the readme file to correct instructions. Its been awhile since I have updated the readme files. I am sure a few things need to be changed. The startbutton is the culprit. You will need to set the values there of course. The sliders are also in the command center too but I believe the ones in the start button do take precedence over the command center. I will look into elimanting one of them as they are both not really necessary. Do you think more people will use the ones in the command center or on the startbutton???

Sage
Unread 07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
OnShow="show_window=(mainhud.personabar) show_window=(mainhud.personabar)

and i cant get it to where it shows up auto
you need to have the end quote added. There is no quote after the last show_window=(mainhud.personabar).
Quote:
/show_window mainhud.statbar

and got window to show up but its all black?
Did you copy the mainhud file over too? Open your mainhud xml with notepad and see if the last line reads: <include>eq2ui_mainhud_statbar.xml</include>
If not then you didn't copy the mainhud which is ok. Just add this line and save it.

Sage

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-28-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Unread 07-27-2006, 10:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Having some problems
1 I can't mod the ui to have emotes button, bag strip, cure spells bar, and command center come on auto at gamestart. I tried using the Customizing.txt to fix but couldn't find the command lines. I did multiple searchs for show_window= or a variation of but couldn't find it.

2 When i click on the recipes button in the recipes book the spells list comes up.

3 This last is just an observation. It looks like the decimal numbers for the the different exp bars should be to the hundreth (i.e. 8.83% for my lvl exp) but there cut off.

4 I typed it this way cause I knew you got giddy over numbered lists
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	error screenshot eq2.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	5185