EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Mistmoore
Default Using a single addon

Hi there.
I have been looking through the FAQs and posts and I still can't seem to figure this out.
I am coming from WoW to EQ2. I didn't like the in game clock and was looking for something a little more clock-ish, so I downloaded RickF7666 Compass & Clock.
In WoW, all I had to do to install an addon was to extract the appropriate files to my addons folder. I don't really see any similar method in EQ2. Now, I did try to read the information in the FAQs on the site, but they all talk about UIs. I don't need to replace the whole UI, though - just the clock. Is that possible? Is there modular addon capability in EQ2?
I did try following the instructions in the FAQ to create a folder, drop the mod files in there, create an eq2.ini, put a couple lines in there referencing the folder with the mod files...logged into the game and tried to /loadui but nothing is there except for default.
Do I need to copy a bunch of files over to this folder? Is there a lot more I should be putting into the eq2.ini file?

Thanks in advance for any help, and apologies in advance if this is covered in depth elsewhere.

-T.
Unread 05-24-2009, 07:42 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Yes it is possible but you still gotta setup the clock as if it is a UI. This will also be the spot u add more mods in the future.
Unread 05-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Mistmoore

Ah ha! I figured it out.
I had set it up correctly, but the window was partially hidden. I had to resize it. Looks nice...but I still stayed up too late.

-T.