EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-19-2010, 02:06 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New maintained window

Hello modding community,
i tried several times to change current maintained windows the way i need them but without success. Im playing an enchanter and need to watch my reactive spells which are usually at the end of the line. The 2 options that i currently have are, huge maintained symbols close to the end of my monitor but with a number of the remaining hits or small maintained symbols without any information. Thats really frustrating.

I need a maintained window which works with the current GU, with small symbols and all the information like remaining hits(for the reactives) a countdown for the shorttime buffs, and if possible the name of the character a buff is on but without the names of the spells. thats unnecesary information.

As mentioned above i tried to work with several current maintained.xmls and the ui builder but even if i compare 2 xml files and copy the size numbers of a working piece and try to paste it in another xml file which has all the information i want but too big symbols, it just doesnt work.
If anyone is able to help me, i would really appreciate it.

In case you dont have time to help me with a working maintained file, if you could give me some advice how to change the size of symbols and how to set the countdown and character parameters to work with the new size/symbol location, i would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Controller : 06-19-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I use http://www.eq2interface.com/download...merWindow.html to do exactly that. I have a right aligned variation of this window as well if you want right aligned. What I do is set it up using multiple setting files to divide each thing up. Then I turn off the maintained window all together.
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:28 PM
A Sea Turtle

First of all, thanks a lot for your answer.
This is something different to my request but basically works the way i want it. I will take a look at it now, hoping that it solves my problem. Gonna write about it in a few.
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM
A Griffon

no problem

the way to setup multi windows btw is to copy the window and settings file to a 1 2 3 version of the same file name then include each of them in your custom file.

It should all be explained in there. And like I said I have a right aligned version which was modded for me by Silat to give proper credit.
Unread 06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
A Sea Turtle

Thanks for this remark. I was able to test this ui piece now, unfortunately it doesent seem to work with my version of the profit ui.

my "_DragowulfUI_SpellTimerSettings.txt" is looking like this (1. german name of the spell, 2. english name):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="SpellTimerData">
<Page Name="1" SpellName="Prismatisches Chaos VI" />
<Page Name="2" SpellName="Prismatic Chaos VI" />
<Page Name="3" SpellName="Insert Spell Name" />
and so on.....

the "eq2ui_custom.xml" in my profit_ui directory is looking like this:

<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_custom_dragowulfui_spelltimer.xml</include>
<include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
</Page>
<Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
<include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
</Namespace>

The problem is, I can see the new window, move and resize it but the spells do not appear in this window.
Im not sure but i think the problem is, i am using an obsolete version of the profit ui. Because of an unknown problem, described on the profit ui download page, i was not able to download a recent version of this ui since approx 10 months. I bet that this is causing the problem with the ui piece you linked to me. In case of further advices i was thankful. Otherwise thanks for your time.
Unread 06-19-2010, 03:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controller View Post
Thanks for this remark. I was able to test this ui piece now, unfortunately it doesent seem to work with my version of the profit ui.

my "_DragowulfUI_SpellTimerSettings.txt" is looking like this (1. german name of the spell, 2. english name):
<Page Name="SpellTimerData">
<Page Name="1" SpellName="Prismatisches Chaos VI" />
<Page Name="2" SpellName="Prismatic Chaos VI" />
<Page Name="3" SpellName="Insert Spell Name" />
and so on.....

the "eq2ui_custom.xml" in my profit_ui directory is looking like this:

<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_custom_dragowulfui_spelltimer.xml</include>
<include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
</Page>
<Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
<include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
</Namespace>

The problem is, I can see the new window, move and resize it but the spells do not appear in this window.
Im not sure but i think the problem is, i am using an obsolete version of the profit ui. Because of an unknown problem, described on the profit ui download page, i was not able to download a recent version of this ui since approx 10 months. I bet that this is causing the problem with the ui piece you linked to me. In case of further advices i was thankful. Otherwise thanks for your time.
If your UI is outdated by 10 months theres no possible way you could even be using Profit now. There has been so many changes in the game it would error on just about every single window I can think of that show automatically. Quest Journal bottom bar persona and others.

I would suggest locating the updater and finding the error then posting to the forums here for a fix. Most likely cause of error is UAC on or something of that nature or not running as an adminstrator.
Unread 06-19-2010, 04:02 PM
A Sea Turtle

exactly, the bottom bars aer not working proper and the active quest jorunal, the other pieces are still working. i replaced the quest journal file with the file of the default ui, and dont really care about the bottom bar.
Unread 06-19-2010, 04:29 PM
A Sea Turtle

ok, finally managed to get a new copy of the recent profit ui. someone copied his files and uploaded them on rapidshare. Will give it a new try to get your ui piece to work
Unread 06-19-2010, 04:47 PM
A Sea Turtle

Ok, tried this ui piece with a recent and clean version of the Profit UI but the problem still exists. I can see the new window, i am able to move and resize it but.... the spells i wrote down in the .txt file wont appear in the window. Do you have any suggestions ? does the ui piece work with profitui ?
Unread 06-19-2010, 04:59 PM
A Griffon

I have it working fine. I am not sure if using spell id numbers over the spell names would make a difference and since I am not an international user I really have no way to test them. Have you tried logging to a US server and testing the english version of the spell name? Mine does work fine with profit. It has to be exact spelling the way the game sees it. What I do is go create macro and where macro name is is the spell name. I copy that and paste it to the test file.
Unread 06-19-2010, 05:04 PM
A Sea Turtle

Update: The ui piece is working BUT, spells which end with roman numbers do not appear in the window. how do i have to write them down in the txt file. do u know that ? cause spellname VI for example does not work.

PS: Thanks a lot for your patience
Unread 06-19-2010, 06:06 PM
A Griffon

no idea m8 as they do work for me with spells that end in roman numberials you do have to make sure spacing is exact. Be sure you are reloading the game after editing the file as windows only intialize at char load.

Last edited by Papabard : 06-19-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Unread 06-20-2010, 11:41 AM
A Sea Turtle

Solved the probs, only 1 spell left i have to figure out how to write it into the txt file. but the roman numbers are working now.

PS: Thanks for your help mate and nice ui piece !
Unread 06-20-2010, 05:23 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controller View Post
Solved the probs, only 1 spell left i have to figure out how to write it into the txt file. but the roman numbers are working now.

PS: Thanks for your help mate and nice ui piece !
If it wasn't just that you messed up it might be useful to describe your solution in case other people run into the same issue.