EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default problems to install my interface

i have followed the instruccions of the post but when i make in game /loadui i just get the option of load the default UI .

i have tryed to copy all the folder default inside my new ui folder and the overwritte the addons i want to use but then i just get when i put loadui in game 2 options for the ui but both are called default.

what i doing wrong?

i just want 2 make 2 things to the interface :

1- to have more buttons in my hotbar -- i have chossen 1 alone addon for make this and descompressed it in my new ui folder- but isa not working i am seeing the same hot bar

2- to be allowed to see the coordinates of my position in map and when i am wanlking in a little window but i dont know wich addon to use for this.

any help plz
Unread 03-25-2006, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Make sure the custom UI folder is not a subfolder within a folder (the path to it should read something similar to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\CustomUI rather than C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Default\CustomUI. Even if you only want to use 2 or 3 mods (instead of a full UI 'complete set', those mods still need to be in their own folder. Once you direct the game to go looking there, it will load everything it can from that folder then go to the default ui folder to get any other windows it didn't find in the custom folder.

You refer to the pieces you are trying to use as 'addons'. If you're actually trying to use 'addons', then you will need to use whatever complete UI set that those are addons of.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-28-2006, 10:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

After wrangling for a while, I managed to finally get the map updater app to fire off. (was an error on my part that was causing it problems).
However, now I get an error in the app itself.
This is the info it presents:
_____
Error Getting File List: System
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup( TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(String fileName)
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.DownloadExtras()Unable to connect to the remote server
_______

Thoughts?

Wals
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorin
i have followed the instruccions of the post but when i make in game /loadui i just get the option of load the default UI .

i have tryed to copy all the folder default inside my new ui folder and the overwritte the addons i want to use but then i just get when i put loadui in game 2 options for the ui but both are called default.

what i doing wrong?

i just want 2 make 2 things to the interface :

1- to have more buttons in my hotbar -- i have chossen 1 alone addon for make this and descompressed it in my new ui folder- but isa not working i am seeing the same hot bar

2- to be allowed to see the coordinates of my position in map and when i am wanlking in a little window but i dont know wich addon to use for this.

any help plz
I'm just guessing but I'm thinking you are using a non U.S. install? If this is the case you will need to make your ui's custom directory in EverQuest II\LP_REGION_??_??\UI\<your custom directory here>. The ??'s in the LP_REGION will be the language you installed EQ2 in.