EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Widescreen Compatibility

I recently acquired a 19" widescreen LCD monitor, with a maximum resolution of 1440x900. With this resolution, I've noticed a problem with ProfitUI:

Lots of empty space in the top and bottom bars. Although, oddly enough, on some of my other characters the Resistance bar on the bottom expands and fills the lower vacancy, although the top is still empty in that region.

Are there any plans to add support for widescreen resolutions with the next update of ProfitUI?
Unread 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

I play at a widescreen version, 1680x1050, so technically... there is a widescreen version. By unlocking some of the windows you should be able to move some stuff around to suit your needs. you can either use the 1680x1050 one, and make sure that you have the option checked to NOT allow windows to appear off-screen, or work from the 1024x768, and move stuff from there. As always, before someone else mentions it, feel free to submit your layout settings. I know that the 1440x900 is a popular resolution for laptop screens, and even quite a few of the lcd screens out there. (I had to go looking to get the higher res. myself)
Unread 04-16-2007, 07:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyxik View Post
I play at a widescreen version, 1680x1050, so technically... there is a widescreen version. By unlocking some of the windows you should be able to move some stuff around to suit your needs. you can either use the 1680x1050 one, and make sure that you have the option checked to NOT allow windows to appear off-screen, or work from the 1024x768, and move stuff from there. As always, before someone else mentions it, feel free to submit your layout settings. I know that the 1440x900 is a popular resolution for laptop screens, and even quite a few of the lcd screens out there. (I had to go looking to get the higher res. myself)
Do you mean change the game's resolution? Or is there a way to change how ProfitUI displays on the screen?
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

You can just right click on the windows and select unlock window, then expand and move around them as you please, I also have widescreen and run at 1900x1024 and have 3 chat windows at the bottom, widescreen really made eq2 chatting a lot better for me!
Unread 04-18-2007, 12:33 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Najena

i have tried profit on my widescreen 19". It just doesnt come out right. I love how people say, "Oh it will work with some tweaking". Thats fine and dandy..but if you dont know what you are doing, then it does not work for widescreen.

WoW was the samething...its took weeks for people to get their nurfed ui to work. Not because it was really that hard, but because people dont know how to use it. For a programmer its easy as hell...for someone who just plays rpgs, its nearly impossible.

I say you write some type of config file that moves and slides everything out for 1440x900, 1680x1050, etc etc. Cause just saying it works, doesnt mean everyone is programming savy enough to fix it.
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo-mordain View Post
i have tried profit on my widescreen 19". It just doesnt come out right. I love how people say, "Oh it will work with some tweaking". Thats fine and dandy..but if you dont know what you are doing, then it does not work for widescreen.

WoW was the samething...its took weeks for people to get their nurfed ui to work. Not because it was really that hard, but because people dont know how to use it. For a programmer its easy as hell...for someone who just plays rpgs, its nearly impossible.

I say you write some type of config file that moves and slides everything out for 1440x900, 1680x1050, etc etc. Cause just saying it works, doesnt mean everyone is programming savy enough to fix it.
Do you know how to move around your windows on your desktop? It's the basically the same thing and I don't think one has to be a programmer to do that but I could be wrong. /shrug

I'll try to explain the process;

Lets say you have a hotbar out of place. hover your mouse over the edge of it or find the drag handle he made. Right click and select (click on) Unlock. There is also a good chance it is already unlocked, in that case Unlock will not be on the context menu, Lock window will be but DON"T select it.

Once the window is unlocked you will need to find the drag handle, once you do your pointer (mouse arrow) will change to a 4 way pointing arrow. This type of pointer tells you that you can move the window in all directions. With the mouse pointer over the drag handle press and hold the left mouse button. ( some people my have their system configured to left handed, in that case press and hold the right mouse button) With the left mouse button held down start moving your mouse around. You will notice that the window will follow the mouse. You can now find a place you like and put the hotkey there.

For me I find it easier to plan how I want my windows place before I start moving them around. Once I have a good idea where I want them I use the process above to complete my task.

Hope that help.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-18-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Do you know how to move around your windows on your desktop? It's the basically the same thing and I don't think one has to be a programmer to do that but I could be wrong. /shrug

I'll try to explain the process;

Lets say you have a hotbar out of place. hover your mouse over the edge of it or find the drag handle he made. Right click and select (click on) Unlock. There is also a good chance it is already unlocked, in that case Unlock will not be on the context menu, Lock window will be but DON"T select it.

Once the window is unlocked you will need to find the drag handle, once you do your pointer (mouse arrow) will change to a 4 way pointing arrow. This type of pointer tells you that you can move the window in all directions. With the mouse pointer over the drag handle press and hold the left mouse button. ( some people my have their system configured to left handed, in that case press and hold the right mouse button) With the left mouse button held down start moving your mouse around. You will notice that the window will follow the mouse. You can now find a place you like and put the hotkey there.

For me I find it easier to plan how I want my windows place before I start moving them around. Once I have a good idea where I want them I use the process above to complete my task.

Hope that help.
moving the windows isnt a problem really, its getting it to fit with the size it is in a wider screen reso. It just doesnt looks right, things have to be off center, things to small and dont fit the screen right.

Anyone can move the hotbar or the bag windows...im talking about actually making it fit correct as it should.