EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Opening New Hotbars...

I saw the other thread about it but even clicking in the far, left-hand corner only gives me 5 options. Do I have to uninstall the hotbar mods to get this to work? Very annoying because I am getting new combat arts frequently, and need more hotbars.
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

I actually had the same problem. I never did get it to work. I actually did what you suggested and removed the hotbar mod. I had other problems though and am using Vert Reborn now.

Sorry I couldn't add anything helpful to this. Just thought I'd comment so you wouldn't feel "alone".
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea I just started noticing this as I needed more hotbars for my brig. Sucks but I guess remoing the mod and living with regular UI hobars won't hurt.
Unread 04-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I've ran into this same issue with eXtreme; the work around that I found that works for me is to resize a hotbar to have uneven columns. Then clicking the the dead space (where there isn't a icon spot) I am able to access the full menu.

Hope this helps you out if you want to keep the profitUI hotkeys.
Unread 04-11-2007, 05:13 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

GM9 added a small point in the lower right corner. It should be possible to click there to get the full menu.

I didn't try it by now. I'll check tonight.
Unread 04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Guk

In an emergency you can open a hotbar with the text command:

/open_next_hotbar

Closing hotbars is tougher, but it has a text command too.

/close_hotbar [x]

...where [x] is a zero-based number, one less than the hotbar number. Sort of...

The hotbars are numbered when they are opened, and keep that number even if you change the bar with the spinner. So if you /open_new_hotbar with six bars open already, the newly opened seventh hotbar can be closed with /close_hotbar 6. If you change it to a different number with the spinner, its still the same number to close it.
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For some reason I haven't been having any trouble with this lately and I haven't removed the hotbar mod or anything of that sort. I simply hover over the extreme right of the hotbar until the <- -> arrows for resizing show up and then rt click at that point. That gives me the full menu.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default Hotbar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari
For some reason I haven't been having any trouble with this lately and I haven't removed the hotbar mod or anything of that sort. I simply hover over the extreme right of the hotbar until the <- -> arrows for resizing show up and then rt click at that point. That gives me the full menu.
No matter where I try to click I get the same 5 item menu, and since all my characters are high level crafters, it's annoying not to be able to switch my primary hotbar from one to another.

Has anyone tried a different mod that functions similarly to Profit? I really like this UI but the hotbar issue is beginning to really aggravate me.
Unread 04-14-2007, 05:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Never posted before and wanted to say thanks very much to gm9 for all the hard work.

I think I figured out what is happening.
Everytime you open an new hot bar the menu shifts to the newest, iirc.
Try the botton right corner then lift up till you get the <-> as Vanyari mentions and try it on all your currently open bars, one will give the menu, at least it did for me.

In the long run I couldn't leave it like this so I took the eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml from the default directory and dropped it into UI\ProfitUI replacing the broken file.

I also have the chat window not funtioning bug, until I do a load_uisettings, the window is not coming up automaiticly after deleting a toon/server/uisettings.ini which I think is causing it not to offer chat funtion.
Unread 04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

What worked for me was the same way I got my bags to move. Shrink the hotbar until there are two rows of icons with dead space and then click in the dead space. I could not get it work with the arrow trick in the far right hand corner...still kept giving me the same menu. I am using the full set 3.1.1 and have been frustrating with it for a week or so. My wife and I are grateful Landiin for the suggestion...worked like a charm.
Unread 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

All I had to do was move one of my hot bars so that it was in uneven numbers, ie row of 6 then a row of 4 and I could get the add a new hotbar message. Much easier than removing UI.
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Guk

As an experiment, I set the icon padding to a rediculously high number, and tried to see what menu I get in between. It seems the UI is treating the padding as part of the icons, for clicking purposes. If this is true, it is the root of the problem. I've never tried to write a UI part, so I don't know if this can be changed or not. If this is a SoE change that can't be remedied by changing the UI code, I would recommend putting the spinners back outside the icon section of the bar. It 'should' fix the menu problem, even if it uses up a bit more space.

Honestly, I think putting spinners inside was a mistake. I chose ProfitUI Reborn to save space on my screen, and it is, IMO, the best at putting a huge amount of information in a compact but very useable format. I keep my hotbar icons fairly small to help conserve even more screen area. But this means in an emegency situation, it is very easy to click the spinner instead of the intended icon. I have since moved my heals and emergency icons off the first box, but that means a hotkey and box on each hotbar that is all but useless.

Please consider this change. It would probably solve the Menu problem, and would definitely help me regain that first hotbar slot.