Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 01-06-2005, 12:43 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

so to make sure i understand correctly, the stormhold's zonerect would be -130,-170,-170,-70 based off gry onlines locations for top left, bottom right

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-17-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Approximately, but you really have to go to the zone and go to the corners and guess/check those values (increasing and decreasing them) until your loc dot is at just the right place. It takes me about an hour to get the zonerect 99% correct. This involves logging in and out over and over changing the zonerect value bit by bit (I use the gry-online's numebrs as a starting point though).

Quib
Unread 01-06-2005, 01:41 PM
a hedgehog

hrm...i camped in Stormhold and the last iop cache file edited was antonica+befallen.iop....so i think im going to try befallen_epic01 for the internal name...or mebbe just befallen

EDIT: CONFIRMED: Stormhold's internal name is "befallen"

how do you get the cursor to show up in the map window for oh, say stormhold when i added the mapstyle for stormhold (befallen) i got the map to show up in the Current Zone tab whenever you are in that zone. However, i cannot get the youarehere arrow to show up...

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-06-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

wow I am impressed. Trying to read and absorb as much information as I can so I can catch up and help with this project.

I am curious how you get to the corner of a zone like stormhold?
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:05 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Version .08
Added stormhold 1 and 3, nektulos forest Icons.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-10-2005 at 04:56 PM. Reason: attachment removed. Cant use some of the included maps. sorry :(
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

To get the "you are here" arrow, you have to have correct zonerect and it'll show automatically. The tricky part is getting the proper zonerect. Now that I know it's befallen, I get the zonerect when next I visit there. Unless someone gets it first.

Quib
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:15 PM
a hedgehog

ahhh so unless you have perfect zonerect values, no youarehere arrow...gotcha! thanks a TON

also how could you get it by visiting once? id like to know your trick of getting it so gosh darn fast! lol
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:28 PM
A Grove Wisp

Hehe, an hour of work isn't exactly fast. I start with the gry-online zonerect numbers and add about 10 to the x values, 20 or 3 to the y values. Then I go to a south edge and adjust the 4th value, then a top edge and adjsut the second value. Far west for value 1, far east for value 2 until my arrow is in the right place.

Quib
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
a hedgehog

ya makes perfect sense...i was thinkin for some reason that the zonerect would not be possible to stand on (i.e. past walls). Dont know what made me think that...prolly looking at the map window and seeing how much space there was N and S of the map
Unread 01-06-2005, 02:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Here's the newest version of my maps file, including Tony's marks on the Stormhold map. Oakmyst Forest, The Ruins and The Sprawl are properly mapped, but only have waypoints for the zonelines.

My blank map graphic isn't included, everything else is.

Quib

Last edited by Dolby : 01-10-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:02 PM
a hedgehog

haliken,
i put the icons for SHK in the wrong place...it only shows up in the select map window. Here it is with the icons in the correct window so that when you zone in, the icons show on the Current Zone tab...

in SHK, i used zonerect

120,-159,-161,57

when i walk east, the arrow points east but moves west
when i walk west, the arrow points west but moves east

so...do i need to swap these around?

the current coords above are
120,-159,-161,57
W N E S
E N W S change to this order? we shall soon see!

not like it matters much cuz the map and the coord are WAY off in this zone...

ANSWER: negate W and E
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	girr signature.jpg
Views:	19118
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	909  

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-28-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:33 PM
A Griffon

<Icon IconStyle="NPC" LocalTooltip="Capt Guard Hess" Location="291,109" Name="NPCHess" ScrollExtent="10,10" Size="10,10" Tooltip="Capt Guard Hess" TreatAsButton="true" />

Capt Guard Hess is a MOB so IconStyle="MOB" and Name="MOBHess". I don't think this adds a lot of value but its something.
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:36 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thank you Sunthas, also, go with MOBhess, I'm gonna try and keep the naming conventions the same everywhere.

I'm eahded to Stormhold, I have an idea how I can do the mapping for the 3 floors and have the arrow show properly at the same time. =D

Quib
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:36 PM
a hedgehog

just change NPC to MOB and it will change color approprietly....i fixed it already so next one will have him as a mob

ok you guys have at it, its late in germany and i got work tomorrow

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-06-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
Thank you Sunthas, also, go with MOBhess, I'm gonna try and keep the naming conventions the same everywhere.

I'm eahded to Stormhold, I have an idea how I can do the mapping for the 3 floors and have the arrow show properly at the same time. =D

Quib
There are actually 4 floors. It hints at it in the Zone list too. The down deep stuff is pretty dangerous areas. I know stormhold pretty well, camped out there as we speak, was playing with Bag UI while camping a mob last night. Trying to word this mod in english for my own understanding.
  • zonename.dds files = actual picture of the map that is displayed on the screen with no text.
  • eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml = master xml file that contains all the points of interests, map file names, and aligns the maps with the YOUAREHERE arrow
  • icon_map3.dds = image of icon-overlays used on the custom maps.

One of the things I'm missing is where the zone name befallen is used in relation to the map stormhold that we use. I would think it would need to be referenced in eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml but I don't see it in there?

Last edited by sunthas : 01-06-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM
A Grove Wisp

In Tony's most recent attachment, search for "Befallen" you'll find it. It's in the MapStyles area.

Quib
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:00 PM
a hedgehog

the map wont show up when you zone in unless you insert the internal zone name. The internal zone name for stronghold is befallen. Why? prolly cuz in beta/alpha they were going to name in befallen from eq1. Like Haliken said, you tell the map window befallen in the MapStyles thing
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

So tony, after playing with old map window a bit, you think we should move our project over to that or stay with what we have?
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ok, I've sorta got the Stormhold map working. I have the Y values for the zonerect pretty much right, but haven't been able to go far enough east or west to test the X values. I also have a button to switch down to floor 2, but have no idea if it's even barely accurate with the loc arrow.

I want to keep the map selection tab so you can look up info for other zones.

You'll need to extract the two attached (and zipped) files over my previous stuff, as I am not including unchanged files.

Quib

Last edited by Dolby : 01-10-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: attachment removed. Cant use some of the included maps. sorry :(
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:02 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

well since each floor uses the same loc coords, you would have to travel to each side of the map on the floor where it is greatest for that side, and then the only value that changes is the z, which isnt used for the marker anyway. It should be fine as long as you follow that.
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:06 PM
A Griffon

I've got that latest version installed and running. I'll run down to the 2nd floor in a minute and check stuff out. GOOD WORK! What can I do to help more?

Just some notes on it: The map is stretched too far east to west. Or rather the red arrow isn't quite in the right spot. But its close. Also when I go to the 2nd floor and click on the Stormhold II button, that part works great, but when I move my mouse off it and my map window fades a little bit as I have it set to do, Both maps show up overlayed but faded.

The eastern most point I found is at the bottom of the huge spiral staircase that connects II to I. -160.25 x -15.96 x -98.80
Western most point: 120.25 x 5 -96.35 Defiled Keepers Room.

Last edited by sunthas : 01-06-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
A Grove Wisp

"overlayed but faded"
Not sure about this one. I'll see if I can come up with a work around for this, but I had forgotten that this could be an issue.
Edit: I may have solved this problem.

As for the east to west, if you could take a picture at a far east wall and a far west wall and I may be able to adjust the zonerect with that data. Face away from the wall when you take the pic. It's fine to crop down to a pretty small image, I don't need to see that much to make the adjustment.

Quib

P.S. - The trick with the second and third (etc.) floors will be aligning them on top of eachother so that the first floor zonerect positions the loc arrow properly.
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
As for the east to west, if you could take a picture at a far east wall and a far west wall and I may be able to adjust the zonerect with that data. Face away from the wall when you take the pic. It's fine to crop down to a pretty small image, I don't need to see that much to make the adjustment.
I don't understand. How does this help you?
Unread 01-06-2005, 09:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

The zonerect is largely determined through a guess and check procedure. Based on where your loc indicator is on the map, compared to where it should be, I can change the numbers to correct the disparity. There is no easy equation to generate the zonerect accurately.

Quib

P.S. - You'd be taking pictures of your map, not the wall. Just a clarification.

P.P.S. - Fixed the transparency issue. Get the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip qm_maps_04.zip (14.6 KB, 323 views)

Last edited by Haliken : 01-06-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 11:51 PM
a hedgehog

Haliken, keep on producing those maps, they are great

ill add icons for floor two of course

going to be off this weekend tho, someone might beat me to it.
Closed Thread