Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
icon_transp1.dds
thanks much
Unread 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw
Default v1.03 Available.

Just uploaded v1.03 with the new EQ2Map icon.
It's just a small update but never the less an important one.

The map quest icon rules i go by are...

* ( ! ) - Exclamation mark always represent new quests. ( Quest Givers )
* ( ? ) - Question marks always represent things related to active or possible quests. ( Quest rewards / Quest updates )

I am no expert on EQ2Map POI but i am pretty sure that a few quest givers also are marked in this way, but i feel this is the best i can do.

It will now look something like this. Things related to quests in any way will be marked in EQ2Map with a ( ? ) Question mark.

Downloads
VanGurK v1.03
VanGurK MapIcons v1.02
Enjoy!

Last edited by gurkoz : 01-25-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost
Default Love it

howdy all and I must say this mod is great it is just the best. I am not sure if these are things or not.

1. When you switch from frame and title bar to just frame only the text and the close buttons seem to disappear but not the bar.

2. Some icons in the maintained and effects windows are not rounded like the harvesting icons and AA spell icons.

3. The pet window buttons flash when depressed the follow key is almost always flashing.

Last edited by Sussie : 01-25-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Stupid words in sentence
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:36 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

You should probably change chat1.dds as well because I noticed that you didn't update it and it still has the default gold borders on some windows. Most noticeably on the zoning window.

Also, are you going to change icon_map3.dds or icon_eq2map.dds? I'm not sure if we still use icon_map3.dds, but I know for sure that we use icon_eq2map.dds for the blue X and I know we still are using those group 2-6 icons. I'm not sure which .dds it is in though.

Last edited by dragowulf : 01-25-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussie View Post
howdy all and I must say this mod is great it is just the best. I am not sure if these are things or not.

1. When you switch from frame and title bar to just frame only the text and the close buttons seem to disappear but not the bar.

2. Some icons in the maintained and effects windows are not rounded like the harvesting icons and AA spell icons.

3. The pet window buttons flash when depressed the follow key is almost always flashing.
Hi Sussie, thanks for your great feedback! I'll try and answer some questions here...

1. I did see a few errors when i used different settings for transparency like the one your asking about. The only answer i can give is that this skin is best experienced in the default window settings with both the frame and no transparency, everything else is experimental.

2. I am aware that not all icons use rounded corners, but this would mean i have to re-draw all icons plus adding new alpha channels (witch did not work the one time i tried it.) All in all, it's a minor flaw that i have accepted.

3. This is due to the new spell queue effect. Same "flash" is used on both places. To me it's a better notification about what spells are queued and what pet options you have selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
You should probably change chat1.dds as well because I noticed that you didn't update it and it still has the default gold borders on some windows. Most noticeably on the zoning window.

Also, are you going to change icon_map3.dds or icon_eq2map.dds? I'm not sure if we still use icon_map3.dds, but I know for sure that we use icon_eq2map.dds for the blue X and I know we still are using those group 2-6 icons. I'm not sure which .dds it is in though.
Uaaagh !

*recovering from an ui-designer stroke*

Have you any idea of how long i was looking for those borders? hehe it drove me crazy trying to find it. Now looking back using this great information i see now how stupid i was not looking in a outdated chat resource file

In any way, great stuff, i'll add this for sure in a new version... realized this was used in the tooltip borders also.. great stuff, great stuff.

*ui-designer high-five*

About the map icons...

The "icon_map3.dds" i can't even find by having a quick look, perhaps i missed it. And the "icon_eq2map.dds" i had previously checked but concluded that the only stuff in use was the cross, and.... this was really no fun aspect to change hehe.

Bottom line, i really don't have all the information or experience about what icons are used, and i am just replacing stuff as i notice them in-game.

But with the help of you great players i am certain i'll spot them in no time!
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkoz View Post
Uaaagh !

*recovering from an ui-designer stroke*

Have you any idea of how long i was looking for those borders? hehe it drove me crazy trying to find it. Now looking back using this great information i see now how stupid i was not looking in a outdated chat resource file

In any way, great stuff, i'll add this for sure in a new version... realized this was used in the tooltip borders also.. great stuff, great stuff.

*ui-designer high-five*

About the map icons...

The "icon_map3.dds" i can't even find by having a quick look, perhaps i missed it. And the "icon_eq2map.dds" i had previously checked but concluded that the only stuff in use was the cross, and.... this was really no fun aspect to change hehe.

Bottom line, i really don't have all the information or experience about what icons are used, and i am just replacing stuff as i notice them in-game.

But with the help of you great players i am certain i'll spot them in no time!
Hahaha. What I would do is quickly go into the UIBuilder and look at the windows within it. If I find anything else I will be sure to inform you.

And about the icon_eq2map.dds. It doesn't just use the X, but it uses the group 2-6 icons as well. I just thought they didn't go well with the theme.
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

3. This is due to the new spell queue effect. Same "flash" is used on both places. To me it's a better notification about what spells are queued and what pet options you have selected.

Oh yes I like that it lets you know what you have Queued but specific to the pet window the Follow button is depressed like 99.9% of the time so it forever flashes.
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussie View Post
Oh yes I like that it lets you know what you have Queued but specific to the pet window the Follow button is depressed like 99.9% of the time so it forever flashes.
That is actually the reason I made the flash less visible in ProfitUI. Unfortunately there is no way to use a different effect for pet window and hotbars.
Unread 01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default market window

I have also found that the window header in the market window is covering the tabs to the different window list like the tab for sales list and the tab for box contents. I do use the profit market window.
Unread 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default v1.04 Available.

Just uploaded v1.04.

- Edited some extra resource files related to borders.
This will color some borders gray that where previously using the default skin colors. Thanks to dragonwulf! *high-five*
- Re-skinned the progress bar.
- Re-edited some elements in the target bar thanks to The-Order.
- Re-skinned old dropdowns.
- Plus some small changes and touch-ups.
Downloads
VanGurK v1.04
Enjoy!
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:46 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I was wondering what format you save your DDS files in.
I'm trying to make some of my own map icons and I keep losing a lot of quality and getting colors blending into each other when trying to find a good DDS format settings.

Thanks for any tips
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Uncompressed 8:8:8:8.
Unread 03-07-2009, 02:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Uncompressed 8:8:8:8.
Cool thanks. That helped me out for sure.