EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Woots!

Told ya I was a noob So used to double-clicking with the orig ui..... thank you so much for the quick response!

*tacklehugs*

~ Tala
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to T101

I can not get the UI to work or the updater. Updater gets to the downloading application window then an error pops up, unable to run application. If I am seeing this correctly, the UI will NOT work unless the updater updates it correct? If that is indeed the case, why does the updater crash and how do I fix it?

I've been back to the game for almost 3 months after a 6 year leave and never had these UI problems before. Now I can not get any custom UI's to work at all and can not seem to get help anywhere. This is my last resort. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

What error are you getting exactly?

Are you using Windows Vista/Windows 7? Are you running the updater As Administrator (right click menu, or shortcut properties). Do you have the latest Java installed?
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Exclamation

Yes I have Java and everything needed to execute the program however, all it tells me is that it is "Unable to launch the application." Nothing more nothing less. I get that from clicking the launch button on the link:

http://www.advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/

It begins the download, then it pops up that window about not being able to launch it. Is there a different link where I can actually DL the updater itself and save to my files? If so I'd like to be able to manually try it instead of going through the above link. Tnx again for you cooperation with this!!

Oh my OS is Windows 7 Pro. Machine is an M17xR2 Quad Core. (4 i7 Processors)

Errors:

Could not load argument exception:

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.io.FileNotFoundException

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Those are the details of the error. Makes no sense to me even tho I have a degree in Java and Web Design. Medications screwed up my memory so all my schooling went out the window :-/ Anyhow hope you can make sense of it all as I would like to get some kind of custom UI to work...

Last edited by T101 : 11-30-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Don't know much about those errors, but here is the direct link to the download:
http://updater.pala.de/drumsui.jnlp
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Unhappy

That link gives the exact same thing with the same errors as the previous link. I am left to believe that the UI just doesn't like my machine however, I will keep trying with other UI's and see if I can get any of them to function w/o either crashing my game client or not working at all!!! Tnx for the help!!
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Hey Drum do you ofer a stand alone tracking mod ?

I see it listed in the full interface and was just wondering if it was available as such ?

great work as always you make eq2 rock
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollux View Post
Hey Drum do you ofer a stand alone tracking mod ?

I see it listed in the full interface and was just wondering if it was available as such ?

great work as always you make eq2 rock
I don't, but you can grab the tracking window xml from the full download and use it standalone. It has no other required files. Should be named like eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:48 AM
A Brown Bear

ok thanks will do
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
A Berserk Golem

its me again.. guess what ?

*rattles the cookiejar*
Unread 12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

xmas cookies?!
Unread 12-07-2011, 06:25 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
xmas cookies?!
Lol

while your at it.. - i can fix it myself for now - but could your remover the padding on the spell effects window i think it is ? its ... rather large would preffer my buffs to be RIGHT at the frame not 16-20 pixels from it.

Last edited by DuneWarrior : 12-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Unread 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Spell effects icons "should" be right on the border that is closest to the edge of the screen. They don't stick to only the left side. I'll look into them not sitting near the border though.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-07-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:47 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Spell effects icons "should" be right on the border that is closest to the edge of the screen. They don't stick to only the left side. I'll look into them not sitting near the border though.
Thats the maintained spells window the one that is normally like a list, im talking about the other one .. the square one..
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.31

Finally got around to updating the manual downloads for the Full Release and individual pieces. Enjoy.

Update Log:
v1.31 - 2011.12.11
- Update [Chat]: The chat window now defaults to always showing Chat Input. To get the version with the toggleable input for secondary chat windows, see the Alternatives folder.
- Update [Persona]: Dungeon Finder, Mercenary, and Warder tabs added. EQII Share options added to default Options page (GU62 additions). Weapon/Spell Weapon toggle button moved to sit next to the Toggle Bags button.
- Update [Persona]: Added a toggle button for Spell Weapon stats. Added Spell Weapon stat to PVP page. Added Rare Harvest stat to Tradeskill page.
- Update [MainMenu]: Connection Stats button now toggles the window. Removed "Target Cast" button since there is checkbox. Added a EQ2 Options button.
- Update [Community]: Friends list tab now has a Save Friends and Load Friends button.
- Fix [Raid]: Drag/right-click handle is now hidden upon first opening the raid window.
- Update [Gfx]: Updated include image files to support House Ratings system. Removed one unnecessary DDS file.
- Update [TargetCasting]: The Implied target cast bar should now display correctly when targeting through another player.
- Update [Tooltips]: Increased maximum height (GU62 change).
- Update [Merchant]: Added tabs for Reforging additions (GU62 addition).
- Update [Guild]: Updated image icons included in XML (GU62 addition).
- Update [Pet]: DynamicData updates in XML (GU62 change).
- Update [EditableFields]: Click cast/cure buttons, Item Notes, etc, have been increased from 5 to 10 max lines in the popup window.
- New [BeastlordHotbar]: Added a grab-handle to the default window when the Frame is set to on. Allows moving window around in Minimized mode.
- New [Savagery]: Now just a simple bar which can be resized horizontally and vertically. Shows savagery level and current percent.
- Update [Broker]: Beastlord support added for dropdown and Set Class/Level button.

But save these files to backup your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:
- /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml
- /POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml
- /POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

(If you had any saved from 1.30 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk
Default Warder Targeting

First: thanks so much for the awesome UI. It's really the easiest to use interface that I've found.

I've uploaded the most recent version from this morning (thanks for your time on that!) and the beastlord info is now available. It's opened up a whole new aspect of the character for me!

I am, however, still having trouble targeting any warders that I've added to my collection. The warder I was "born" with I can target by toggling F1 or clicking shift-F!, but am not able to do that with the warders I've compelled to my will (oh wait, that would be my coercer! ;D ) I think it's prolly in the interface, since my friends using the standard UI are having no such problems.

Can you please review and let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks again for your help and for this fantastic UI.
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
A Griffon

Hi Drum:

I have two quick questions.

1. Is it possible to make the savage bar for the Beastlord appear when in combat and disappear when not? The threat meter does this and is a great little feature to keep the screen uncluttered.

2. When I minimize the BL Advantage bar and say switch char's and come back it doesn't save in the position I had placed it and the icons are empty (grayed out). Any idea what may be causing this or is it something I can do on my end? Also; I suppose this would be ques 3 Any chance or plans to make the Advantage bar even more flexible to re-size? It would be nice to minimize it even further than the current amount.

Thanks
Accredo
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

1. Yeah I can look into a toggle option for this.

2. Any thing that doesn't save or stay when relogging or switching is all a SOE problem atm. I've only changed the layout, and have no control over the icons/saving parts.

3. I'll look into it.
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:19 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
Hi Drum:

2. When I minimize the BL Advantage bar and say switch char's and come back it doesn't save in the position I had placed it and the icons are empty (grayed out). Any idea what may be causing this or is it something I can do on my end? Also; I suppose this would be ques 3 Any chance or plans to make the Advantage bar even more flexible to re-size? It would be nice to minimize it even further than the current amount.

Thanks
Accredo
I don't play a Beastlord and doubt I ever will, but, one thing you might try is disabling any A/V Auto-Protection software while playing the game and see what happens. I've seen it cause timing/file-locking issues on my system causing various things not to keep their values, like Drums' Item Notes. Probably more related to my system being pushed to its limit while playing the game and files not being released by the A/V software soon enough.

Just a thought.
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
A Griffon

Thanks, Mysstie for the heads up on the A/V stuff. I'll play with that and anything else on my system that may be causing that. After reading your post I just noticed my G15SpeedFan.exe loads up duplicate exe files, perhaps that might be adding to the problem as well.

Thanks Drum for your reply. I know your busy but you always seem to find time to help out peeps. You're the best.

Accredo
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.32

Update Log:
v1.32 - 2012.03.01
- Update [Persona]: EQII Share options have been updated in the Options tab to the latest SOE code.
- Update [Savagery]: Added dividers, spitting the savagery bar into 6 proportional segments.
- Update [Raid]: Outer frame was removed completely. 4 inner frames are now controlled by the Frame slider.
- Fix [Persona]: Dungeons tab should now show created dungeons correctly (display bug had them scrolled off visible area).
- Fix [StatBar]: Platinum should show more digits without getting cut off.
- Fix [Options]: Advanced button won't try to be auto-enabled anymore (option exists in EQ2.ini now)

But save these files to backup your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:
- /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml
- /POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml
- /POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

(If you had any saved from 1.31 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default menu/stats not there

ok im just returning to eq2 after a bit of a beak and installed drums but for some reason there is no menu/stats bar. i even went into options and unchecked allow windows offscreen and did a windows reset putting everything in the center of my screen and it wasnt there. i first thought i was being a noob and did something wrong and uninstalled and reinstalled and still no menu/stats window....what am i missing?
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Try using this command:

/show_window MainHUD.StartButton
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

sorry i should have said that in my post i tried that as well but still nothing.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Default no menu

I sometimes get this error and it auto fixes if I reload game. If you cannot see it after try this trick...1. make a new character 2. you should see the window menu 3. log off and on to main char 4. load_uisettings from the new char

also sometimes when reinstalling game "did a few times due to some bs bug that swaps me over to streaming" the spell icon setting or what have you is giant sized and is covering up the menu so I hit F10? and shrink the bar and move it away.
Drums is great!