EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-04-2015, 02:33 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default Bottom Bar Update

This is not an official update and I'm sure it does not cover all of the stats as I can only correct the ones I actually see are having an issue. What this does is allow some of the stats (such as Stamina, Resists, Crit Chance) to display their full number instead of the first few digits followed by ...

I have tested this on multiple characters and seen no ill affects thus far.

I am hoping that some of the changes I've made lately will end up making into the updater. Profit UI is my favorite and i would hate to see it fall do far into a state of disrepair that it cannot be recovered.

There are multiple EQ2 players here so if these files do indeed get updated, I will know as they will appear in the updater on the other computers which are still using the current UI pieces.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml (117.9 KB, 458 views)
Unread 02-04-2015, 03:08 PM
A Griffon

Well, your last attempt at a ProfitUI was a complete success, and I even recommended it to be added to the official build. With that to go on, I will test this mod and report on the results.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-05-2015, 08:47 AM
A Griffon

Okay, I can see one change you can make. The bottom bar still shows Crit Mit even though the stat went away last year (if not earlier.) Might as well remove it since it is just wasting space.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-05-2015, 02:00 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Okay, I can see one change you can make. The bottom bar still shows Crit Mit even though the stat went away last year (if not earlier.) Might as well remove it since it is just wasting space.

-= Therendil =-
I didn't want to remove anything from the current setup because by doing so I would have to also alter the Bottom Bar Config window. Instead, since the player can add or remove stats based off preference, I figured I would just leave it and the player can deselect it in the config window.
Unread 02-05-2015, 03:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystara0001 View Post
I didn't want to remove anything from the current setup because by doing so I would have to also alter the Bottom Bar Config window. Instead, since the player can add or remove stats based off preference, I figured I would just leave it and the player can deselect it in the config window.
Just removing the item isn't too hard, just take it's entry out of the bottom bar config window. It'll leave a blank space in it's place, but it won't break anything. That's why currently there's some blank spaces in the BBC window, those are from the last time I took obsolete items out. You can safely reuse those blank spaces for new stats if they fit with the other stats in the group, avoiding having to reposition large swaths of the config window items.
Unread 02-05-2015, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

I understand your position about leaving the obsolete stat on the bottom bar. I just disagree with it. I'm an old cranky test guy and I see it as something that should be fixed. I don't relax my standards because we're all doing this for free. You can ask Silat and tknarr about that. They've worked with me enough. ;-)

On the other hand, I will respect whatever decision you make.

I mention all this because I use ProfitUI every day and I do my best to rigorously test any changes or additions. My play time was very limited over the last three months because of outside commitments, but that is changing back to where I put in a good session every day and have the mental bandwidth to do real testing.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-05-2015, 06:40 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I wasn't sure if I could just delete the relevant lines of code from the BBC and I didn't want to do so and break it.

Here are the files sand the Crit Mit section, I haven't tested them as of yet, but since you are testing them as well I figured we could do it together.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml (116.7 KB, 554 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.xml (54.6 KB, 512 views)
Unread 02-06-2015, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Okay. I'll test them as soon as I can. Might not get to play tonight or tomorrow because of other commitments, but I'll get there some time over the weekend.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-06-2015, 09:25 PM
A Griffon

Okay. I copied these files into my main setup. Crit Mit is still there on the bottom bar and in the config window. I went back and got the files a second time just to make sure I had the right ones.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-06-2015, 11:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Okay. I copied these files into my main setup. Crit Mit is still there on the bottom bar and in the config window. I went back and got the files a second time just to make sure I had the right ones.

-= Therendil =-
One thing: while the config item is removed, your UI settings still have the value of the flag that controls it. If the matching code's removed from the bottom bar, it should go away. I don't know any clean way of removing the flag from the UI settings other than manual editing.
Unread 02-07-2015, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

Hm. Okay. So the bottom bar would still see prior data. So if I nuked and reinstalled ProfitUI, the Crit Mit stat should not appear on the bottom bar because there would be no prior data.

That still leaves the checkbox on the cofig page.

I'm off to a medieval event and won't be home for about 12 hours. Might not have energy to do any testing tonight, but I'll check the forums.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-07-2015, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Hm. Okay. So the bottom bar would still see prior data. So if I nuked and reinstalled ProfitUI, the Crit Mit stat should not appear on the bottom bar because there would be no prior data.
No, it'd still show. The flags for what to show in the bottom bar are stored in the UI settings for your character, and as long as it's in there the bottom bar fields will still show up. What I did was remove the field from the bottom bar itself (so it'd never look for it's flag at all) plus remove the checkbox from the config window (leaving a blank spot).
Unread 02-07-2015, 02:38 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
No, it'd still show. The flags for what to show in the bottom bar are stored in the UI settings for your character, and as long as it's in there the bottom bar fields will still show up. What I did was remove the field from the bottom bar itself (so it'd never look for it's flag at all) plus remove the checkbox from the config window (leaving a blank spot).
All traces of Crit Mit have been removed from both the Bottom Bar and the Config. I do not see these values on any of my characters in game or in the config selection.
Unread 02-07-2015, 11:24 PM
A Griffon

Okay. After re-reading the last few posts, i see that I missed the point that the old value would still be in the character's uisettings file separate from anything in Profit. That's a point I'll try to remember in future if I'm dealing with anything that gets removed from the UI. And yes I can't see any clean way to remove that old data either.

Do the links in the original post now point to the new versions? If so, I'll grab them and have a look.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-08-2015, 01:17 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Okay. After re-reading the last few posts, i see that I missed the point that the old value would still be in the character's uisettings file separate from anything in Profit. That's a point I'll try to remember in future if I'm dealing with anything that gets removed from the UI. And yes I can't see any clean way to remove that old data either.

Do the links in the original post now point to the new versions? If so, I'll grab them and have a look.

-= Therendil =-
Use the ones here
Unread 02-09-2015, 02:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystara0001 View Post
Use the ones here
After carefully downloading the files from the message at the link specified and being very sure that they landed in my current ProfitUI folder, I still see Crit Mit in the Config window and can turn it on and off in the bottom bar.

What am I missing here?

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-16-2015, 02:08 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Ok here is the fix, now with even less Crit Mit.

Sorry for the delay. Real life and all.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.xml (54.0 KB, 402 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml (115.4 KB, 571 views)
Unread 02-16-2015, 07:31 PM
A Griffon

Not to worry. I've been horribly sick all week and we've been snowed in. Haven't done much in days.

I'll test the new files and let you know what happens.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-19-2015, 09:26 AM
A Griffon

Looks like we finally have it. The Crit Mit checkbox is now confirmed gone and the stat did not sneak back on to the botrtom bar on its own.

-= Therendil =-