EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default CoE UI XML changes affecting Profit

This is as of last night when I first got the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more changes. I don't see anything that'd cause ProfitUI to break in beta, just some things won't be accessible without updates. I'm going to hold off until after 11/1 to do any work on it, I want to give SOE time to finalize changes before I do anything.

New files, should be no modifications needed:
eq2ui_global_browser.xml

Changed .dds files:

images/commonelements.dds
2 new elements: green exclamation-point icon on right side, bottom of a bubble in the center bottom

images/specialelements.dds
3 new elements: new SC logo icons on bottom right

images/window_elements_specific.dds
Many new elements

Changed .xml files:

eq2ui_loginscene.xml
New chunk for Prosieben
A few location changes

eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml
New button and page for selecting respawn point

eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
New button for PSC (Prosieben SC?)

eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
Location/size/scrollextent changes for icon cells

eq2ui_mainhud_mercenary.xml
Minor location/size and decoration change

eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
Additions for Krono in the InventoryPage Page element
Changes to PassivePage, dropdown added
Minor arrangement changes on MountPage
New items in Tradeskill Page element
Lots of minor location/size/scrollextent changes
Lots of localization tag changes

eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
Sourcerect change for NeutralInPvP

eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml
Addition of Prosieben SC items
Dynamic data changes for SC vs. Prosieben SC

eq2ui_tradeskills.xml
Dropdown box for quantity for bulk crafting

Last edited by tknarr : 10-24-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:34 PM
A Griffon

Just realized looking at the changes for CoE and the latest Krono update: several of the image files that changed are in the skin packs. That means updating all skins in all variants. That's going to take quite a bit of editing.
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

And thats why I quit using any graphic file SOE uses or may use.
Unread 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
And thats why I quit using any graphic file SOE uses or may use.
Yep, but that means either accepting the default SOE graphics for display elements or modding every single XML file in the whole UI. It's really a case of "done once right, after that it's easy". I've got the original PSD files. I just need some quality time in Gimp to get the solid graphics elements in their own layer that I can overlay over backgrounds of whatever color I want. I know what to do, I just need to work out how to do it and do it.

Or I could just not do the skinpacks yet. That'll probably be what I end up doing, mod the default and get to the rest after I've got the XML working.

WTB: 36-hour days. Or a winning lottery ticket.
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:45 AM
A Griffon

Graphics updates (assuming beta graphics don't change again) are done for the default skin. Default variant 1 seems to be simple, 4 of the 5 files are identical between the two and windowelements.xml I can paste things across fairly simply. The classic skin will take a bit more work, but not much. There's only one set of elements in profit.dds that needs shading, the others are either straight paste jobs or square up a frame and flood-fill with a matching background color.

Hopefully that'll leave not too much in the way of XML changes and I can have things tenatively ready next weekend for the release on the 13th.

Remember that Tuesday is election day in the US. Even if you don't think there's anyone to vote for, there's probably things on the ballot you want to vote against. So vote.

Last edited by tknarr : 11-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
A Griffon

I've got the UI graphics done for CoE. They include all the stuff currently on Live, and all three sets of skins (default, default variant 1, classic) are up-to-date (or at least I believe they are). I'm putting them up on my server here:

http://arachnae.silverglass.org/~tkn.../skinpacks.zip

if people want to grab copies and check them. This a zipped copy of the ProfitUI/images/skinpacks folder that holds the color variants after download. Take the variant and color you want and unzip the color.zip file into ProfitUI/images, overwriting the 5 files with the new ones for the color you want. If I missed anything, hopefully it'll show up and I can get it included before CoE.

The whole thing's a 32-megabyte download.

11/08: Preliminary test shows the classic skin, the most outdated, seems to work OK with no missing elements. I threw it into my own installation to test it.

Last edited by tknarr : 11-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Exception Issues

Hi there. Wanted to say thank you for a great program.

When CoE went live, I did my profit update and it worked just fine.

Several days later, after the hotfixes, I went to update it again, or see if needed to, and now it wont update at all.

I am getting exception errors, being told to enter the folder EQ2 is in, when I try and do this, the exception window keeps popping up and will not allow me to enter the information it is requesting.

please help!
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
A Griffon

Hmmm. I just started the same thing this morning when I tried to update. Previously, I did have a couple of occasions where trying to launch from the regular shortcut cause an "Unable to Launch Application" error. I was able to work around that by launching from the web site. Today, however, the app is throwing multiple exceptions and cannot find the EQ2 executable.

Do I need to scrub and reinstall, or is there is simpler fix?
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM
A Griffon

I think the standard fix is to go to http://updater.pala.de/ and use the Launch button from there to allow reinstallation of the program (use IE or Firefox or any browser other than Chrome, Chrome doesn't handle Java correctly). If it starts from there, reset the desktop shortcuts and if that doesn't clean things up reset all the program settings. If it won't launch off the web site, you may have had Java's autoupdate bork things. Uninstall and manually reinstall Java making sure if you're on 64-bit Windows to install the 64-bit version last if you install it at all, then try going to the updater web site and repeating the above.
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
A Griffon

Sounds like a Java update may have scrod things, since the errors all happened when trying to launch from the Launch button at updater.pala,de. I guess the next step is to uninstall and reinstall Java. I never bothered to install the 64-bit version, so it should be fairly simple. Must remember, however, to make sure I turn off automatic updates.
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
A Griffon

Removing and reinstalling Java seems to have fixed the problem. FWIW, I installed only the 32-bit version of Java 7. That's what I got by letting Java decide which version to install and it seems to work. Not going to bother with the 64-bit version.
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default thank you!

Thank you very much. I removed all Java versions apparently I had 2 stray versions LOL and reinstalled Profit. Seems to working just fine now.

Again thank you!

Peachie
Freeport Server
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Probably a leftover from the bad old days when Java installed some updates in separate installations. But you did the right thing. One installation is trouble enough.
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Some Info on Experiment Window

Hiya

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to support this interface.

I have attached two screens of my experiment windows. Screen #1 is the screen i get when i click on the experiment tab.

Screen 2 is what i get when i hit the experiment button from screen 1.

As you see on screen two there does not appear to be a way to actually start the experiment run. I don't see a start or experiment button.

I may be missing something but wanted to make you aware since you said you do not have a toon with experimentation.

Thanks again.

Foz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_exp_window_1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	7977  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_exp_window_2.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	7978  

Last edited by foz : 11-21-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
I may be missing something but wanted to make you aware since you said you do not have a toon with experimentation.
I'm aware of it. I got my armorer set up for experimentation, so I'll be working on it over the holiday weekend. The start button I think is just a matter of inserting the element and adding bits to the scripting to make the button visible at the right time. There's some other scripting fixes needed due to the structural changes in the XML as well.