EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 08-16-2005, 01:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default map updater filters

Not sure if this was brought up before but I think it would be cool if there was filters on the map. What I mean is filter it so you can see just the npc's or just the quest locations etc. It would be a lot faster when your looking for something in particular and help clear up the dots a bit.
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:54 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

while this was planned to be done eventually it just hasnt happened, im the only one left on the team that did any of the coding for eq2map, although i might add that dolby does add in the new maps . However since i am also the one who made the updater, that keeps me pretty busy(doing bugfixes, but mainly answering everyones questions). I just dont have enought time, ive been trying to do the filter things because i got a free reactivation of my eq2 account, but working 2 jobs plus the updater keeps me really busy. sorry i just dont have enough free time
Unread 08-16-2005, 03:30 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

Well an easy way to implement the filter would be to make a seperate map file for each POI type mob/npc/quest/etc. Then just have the downloader download each type requested and combine them all thats quite simple to do. aka map1_qeynos_mob.xml would hold the mob POI and mpa1_qeynos_npc.xml would hold the npc POI, but the final file would be map1_qeynos.mxl. Just append the _npc.xml to the end of _mob.xml and rename it. If you need any help with this just PM me and ill try to reply ASAP.
Unread 08-16-2005, 04:55 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

its not that so much (and there is an even simpler way to do it using only 1 file like it is now) but rather its all the backend work i have to do (the work with in php for the webserver) because all those poi files are generated automatically based a database and i would have to rewrite the code again to make it generate it in a different format to filter it.

maybe tomorrow night (i get home from work about 30 mins after midnight) i will start on it, but it just depends on how im feeling and how much sleep i want.

Last edited by taco-man : 08-16-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Unread 08-16-2005, 10:05 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

Didn't realise you generated it on-the-fly with a php script i just thought you copied from a web server. If you PM me the portion of code thats need updating I can certainly add it my friend and I are avid php programmers.
Unread 08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Just need an example of the xml that needs to be generated and I can do alot of the php and mysql work for you taco-man. Although I'm sure its the php/mysql work you like to do... its the xml work that isnt as fun. hehe.

Would we be creating an icons xml for each poi type? Lots of small files to download take a long time. Wondering if the POI types can be defined in the icons xml to allow for switching.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-16-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Unread 08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

no, it shouldnt be too bad at all if my idea works, i will test it tonight to find out, no new icons or files to download besides the zone files and then the main map file (so i can add the dropdown box) oh and you are right dolby, the php is the fun part.
Unread 08-18-2005, 04:48 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

perhaps tomorrow i will have a chance to test it, ive just been really busy at least tomorrow is my first day off in a week.
Unread 08-18-2005, 06:14 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

well i decided to start on this tonight, but all i accomplished that anyone will see is the xml files now have the pois sorted by type when you look at the code only files generated after i made the change have this (antonica_1 does for sure). more work on it today after i go to sleep and then wake up.