EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-22-2005, 04:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Simple Map Question

First off, I imainge I can figure this out when I get home and actually do the download myself. But, I am at work, and was just directed to this.

My question is this ... does the downloaded maps from here (I guess .dd files) merge / overlay with the current maps if there are any?

I mean, if I am in Thundering Stepps, do I still see SOE's map with the towers and stuff on them, or do these new maps "trump" those and only show the new maps?

Many thanks.
Unread 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildar
First off, I imainge I can figure this out when I get home and actually do the download myself. But, I am at work, and was just directed to this.

My question is this ... does the downloaded maps from here (I guess .dd files) merge / overlay with the current maps if there are any?

I mean, if I am in Thundering Stepps, do I still see SOE's map with the towers and stuff on them, or do these new maps "trump" those and only show the new maps?

Many thanks.
Hildar,

The EQ2Map and EQ2MAP Updater only downloads the graphic .dds (DirectDraw Surface) files for those zones that In-Game SoE maps don't already exist. Thundering Steppes has an In-Game SoE provided .dds file so the Download and Updater will not replace it. All of the In-Game PoI (Special Icons such as the Towers) remain intact. The EQ2MAP mod adds to those other user submitted Points of Interest on the map, making the mod very useful. You could say the User Submitted PoI's overlay the In-Games ones, but they do not replace the in-game ones.

For zones such as Stormhold or Blackburrow for instance, these zones do not have In-Game Maps. The team working on the EQ2MAP project created maps (.dds files) and the users have submitted PoI's for these zones. So if you were to go into say Stormhold before installing the EQ2MAP mod, opening the MAP would show you no map of the zone. Once you have installed the EQ2MAP Mod you go into that zone you now have an actual Map for the zone.

Hope that this helps.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Humudce,

Awesome. That answers my question.

I understood it gave me maps for zones (like storm hold) that didn't have maps, but when I was looking though the maps section, I saw maps for zones that have maps. I just didn't want to loose some important information (like tower locations or giffin stations).

This sounds awesome. I plan on installing this tonight, and telling all my friends about it.

Keep up the great work!