Unread 03-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [Test] 3.16.07 (patch) - Interface Changes

UI Notes:
Macro System:
  • New user interface. Drag and drop items, spells and abilities to create macros
  • Create macros to equip multiple items to specific slots for quickly swapping gear
  • Create macros from spells/abilities in your hotbar by right-clicking and choosing "Create Macro"
  • Assign any icon to a macro by dragging it to the icon in the macro window
  • Macros display reuse timer shading based on the first spell in the macro
Other UI Changes:
  • The chat bubbles should no longer display when turning away from an npc
  • Enhanced the mail sent message to tell who the message was sent to and to say what was sent to them.
  • When 2 players create a raid the class and level information should now display correctly.
  • You can now use Alin's Melodic Refrain with the useability macro
  • You should now get a proper error message if you try to follow someone a second time.
  • Memory usage in the UI is now more constrained, which means less memory usage with longer play times.
  • Fixed an issue causing some raid zones to not give a warning upon leaving.
  • Raid groups of one player will no longer be stuck in a group if they leave the raid.
    • You can now invite a player to start the third or fourth group of a raid while they are ungrouped.
  • The target arrow above your target's head will no longer bounce around while riding on a boat or elevator.
  • The guild recruitment window will now send a maximum of 40 guilds to a player instead of 20.
  • If you are given access to a home by someone other than the owner, the message will now correctly tell you who has given you access to what house.
  • %o, %s and %p should now work properly when targeting female players.
  • Queen Amree in Kelethin will now show a book over her head on the Kelethin Citizenship quest.
  • Adjusted the text on triggered effects which can proc off either a melee attack or a spell.
  • UI Moders can now use the 'child' property of an object to refer to a child object that has the same name as a property value. Example:
    • In the raid window, script cannot reference controls such as the text control Group1.Member1.Name because .Name refers to the name of the page Member1. The control can now be referenced using the syntax: Group1.Member1.child.Name.
Test - 3.16.07 (patch)

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 3.16.07. The left side is what is on live server 3.16.07 and the right side is what is on the test server now 3.16.07. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_editmacro.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_society.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_options.xml

Last edited by Dolby : 03-16-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Unread 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM
aka Mook
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

XML change analysis:

Examine: Changed button self-closing tags to explicit tag closing. No updates necessary.

MainHUD: Move Examine window include. No update necessary.

EditMacro: Um... start over, seriously.

Society: Looks like the entire thing was removed. Another window to hijack!

NewCharScene: Atlas tag. No update necessary.

Options: Same as Examine, plus some localization strings added. No updates necessary.

Quote:
*UI Moders can now use the 'child' property of an object to refer to a child object that has the same name as a property value. Example:

* In the raid window, script cannot reference controls such as the text control Group1.Member1.Name because .Name refers to the name of the page Member1. The control can now be referenced using the syntax: Group1.Member1.child.Name.
Anyone know what that's about? I've been able to reference those just fine.
Unread 03-17-2007, 12:23 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

Can ya better explain the child property to me?

I'm confused on what it does and why we would need it.
Unread 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I just wanted to say Thank you for the continued XML Change Comparisons & XML Change Analysis. It really makes the UI update transitions so much easier to deal with. The time and effort you guys put into this on a monthly basis is really appreciated. Thanks again.
Unread 03-17-2007, 01:59 PM
aka Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf
Can ya better explain the child property to me?

I'm confused on what it does and why we would need it.
Supposedly, you couldn't access Groupwindow.Member1.Name.LocalText previously (since Name is a property), and now you can by specifying Groupwindow.Member1.Child.Name.LocalText.

But you could, so... yeah. Maybe if you were trying to directly access the Name object and not any of its properties, but I can't think of what you could even do with that other than show_window.
Unread 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

Ahh, thanks

So it isn't of much significance?
Unread 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
aka Mook

It might be, I don't know. It's one of those most-important-thing-in-the-world-if-it's-happened-to-you-but-otherwise-irrelevant things.
Unread 03-17-2007, 11:45 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Child was added as a result of a convo I had with the folks at SOE. Basicly there may be cases where you need to address a child object who's name happens to match a property tag (Name="Name", Name="Text", Name="Size", etc). Durring the convo we thought there might be issues pathing to the child object rather then getting the parent object's atribute. Foo.Text could be a reference to the text property of Foo or to a child object of Foo named Text.

After the child operator was added to test, we realized (as Death mentioned) there are few cases where this would cause a prob since the script parser knows a trailing dot indicates child pathing.

The only time you'd need this is when addressing the object directly and not its properties or child nodes. Show_window(Foo.child.Text) Hide_window(Foo.child.Text).

Other more advanced applications that might be possible (depending how fully this was implemented) include copying an entire object and its properties. Foo.PageB = Foo.child.Page. I'm guessing this last example isn't possible but haven't confirmed.
Unread 03-28-2007, 12:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I was just checking out the changes on the test server and I noticed something that hasn't been mentioned yet....

In the hotbars when you right click an icon, we got back the option to "Clear Hotkey"! That loss was pretty irritating.

The new macro system is really nice too.

The best thing I think is that collection items tell you if you need them or not in the examine window and the tooltips. That alone will save endless hours looking up collections in my journal.

Last edited by Othesus : 03-28-2007 at 12:48 AM.