EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default player window ui

Ok i didnt want to ask, but here goes.

I am attempting to change the graphic for the player window. it is an image from another UI that i recolored to my likeing.

Here are my issues:
I can edit the DDS file no problems at all there.
In the uibuilder i can open the Eq2ui.xml and see the player window, but i can not find anywhere how to add this image to it.

Here is a link to the one i want to insert, and the original.

original is on left, on the right is the one im trying to insert in.

If someone could explain a bit on this - so i would know how for future edits that would be great.

http://www.limit55.com/eq2/player_bar.jpg

Thank you in advance

Rayn
70 Paladin
70 Carpenter
Permafrost
Unread 02-24-2007, 05:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

The images used in the player window are cut up into little pieces. If you look in the pages called Health or Power you will see them. There's a frame on top and each individual tick is an image and there's an underlay image. The reason they do that is the ticks have to move automatically when you stretch the window out.

The way you replace the image or images depends on if you want to still be able to stretch the window. If you want to be able to stretch it you'll need to layer the images in pieces the same way. If you don't need to be able to stretch the window you can just throw the image on top of the bars.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Unread 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

That is awsome to know thnx!

i guess the problem i have now is that i can not get the image into the uibuilder and have it show up.

I can insert image and point it to the correct path, and even give the rect location just fine, however it never shows up on the right side of the uibuilder, even if refreshing. saving it and testing in game doesnt do it either. it always gives me the regular player window.

How do i go about getting the image to show up above the bars? I think im asking the correct question.
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:06 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Hmm, well it should be ok. Your eq2ui.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml files should be in the path C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\MyUI\

The image should be in the path C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\MyUI\images\

When you doubleclick your SourceRect property it should pop up a window with your DDS file and show you a red line around the coordinates you gave. Be careful with that window though. It likes to crash my computer with a blue screen.