EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 08-23-2005, 03:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep
Default Experience Gained

Is there a way to show how much experience was gained from the last encounter, discovery, quest completion, etc?

I'd love to see "You've gained 2.45% experience from the encounter!" or just a simple "2.45%" located somewhere on the UI.

-LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)
Unread 08-23-2005, 03:36 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

do any windows show when you gain experience (sorry its been a long time since i have played eq2)?
Unread 08-23-2005, 03:41 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
do any windows show when you gain experience (sorry its been a long time since i have played eq2)?
No. It just says "You gain experience!" in the chat window.
Unread 08-23-2005, 04:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

I would also support this feature being added somehow. That sounds like a good idea, if it can be added at all, that is.

With the ones that constantly show your percentage on screen of course, it's easier to keep track that you had 33% and then you had 34%. :P Just don't know the exact amount and you have to keep track of what's giving you the most exp. Something like this could let you gauge what's giving you the most exp-per-encounter, easily.
Unread 08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Exactly. As much as I just love doing math, I'm pretty sure my overgrown calculator of a PC would be much better suited to instantly calculating the gained experience. I've read some posts where people were upset that they can't see the exact number of experience points. That doesn't bother me. I'd be happy knowing a percentage down to 2-3 decimal places.

If experience gain could be dumped into chat window, I could definately see someone making a logfile parser to keep track of kills and experience gains. Wouldn't it be nice to keep a record of your greatest experience gains and the MOBs that gave it?!
Unread 08-23-2005, 04:49 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

i think there would be a way to make a manual one, but without anything to use to trigger(that i know of) you would have to push a button before you gained exp, and then again after you gained exp. of course once you did it initially you would just hit the button every time you killed something (since you hit it the time before that to find out what the experience was) if that makes any sense at all LOL

Last edited by taco-man : 08-23-2005 at 04:52 AM.
Unread 08-23-2005, 05:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

In other words, no, not really

It would be so convuluted and annoying that it wouldn't be worth it
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Premium Member

Server: Crushbone

It still confuses me why people just don't like the percentage exp system you can find on countless exp mods. Exp down to one decimal point should be easy enough and if your getting exp that doesn't increase the decimal spot your fighting the wrong stuff. Plus its not hard math.

Some mob gives you .2% exp. So 5 of them gives you 1%. 50 of them give you 10%. 500 give 100%. It might rarely give you .1 or .3 since its probably not exactly .2%
Unread 08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
A Brown Bear

My UI does show the decimal percentage. I know how to do the math, it's just inconvienient. I just don't think I should have to considering this is something that should obviously be already included.

It's like going to buy a car and realizing that the Mercedes you want has every feature you want except for the trip odometer. The salesman tells you that it's not a big deal because you can do that simple math in your head for every trip by looking at the main odometer and figuring out the difference.
Unread 08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Then go /feedback it or post on the official UI forums, this isn't something we can just tack on.