Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx
Default FetishNightfall 8.0 Bugs

Please do not post install problems or feature requests in this thread. They will most likely be deleted without reply.

If you notice a bug and wish to report it, please do the following...

1) Verify you are in fact running the latest version by opening eq2ui_skininfo.xml in Notepad and checking the version number against the number listed on the download page. If you're up-to-date, continue to step 2.

2) Look for an existing report of the same bug. If one exists with no other verification, feel free to post verifing the bug. If more than 2 ppl have reported the same bug, please don't post it again.

Following these simple steps will help me provide a better product to you faster
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:47 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

I just installed you new version 8 and i noticed a slight problem with the clickstrike window.

It works fine for Mages/Priests/Scouts since their abilities only trigger if they have the correct enemy type targeted.

However for the fighter types, their Master Rage works in a slightly different way. For them it acts as a self buff that gived them a 25% proc when attacking the correct enemy type. The problem is to triger the ability, fighters do not have to have the enemy type targeted. It can be triggered at any time with any target.

When i tried it on my 26 Guardian (with gnoll, ghost and giant master rage) in Starcrest with nothing targeted, it fired off both Gnoll and Giant master rages one after another. Looking at the MasterRage.txt that is what i would expect. Gnoll is 1st so it gets fired off, Ghost is queued up next and then overwritten a couple of commands later by Giant.

Having said that, my none fighter alts will find this VERY VERY useful. Keep up the great work.
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:24 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hmm... so should I just remove the Rage button or would it be useful to have one for every Rage skill?
Unread 12-06-2006, 03:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Hmm... so should I just remove the Rage button or would it be useful to have one for every Rage skill?
I would say just remove it for now.

And possibly, at a later date, have a customisable window just for the fighters where (with a little code tweaking) they can add the 7-8 (or whatever the maximum number is) Rage skills they have. That would still fulfill the aim of getting the Rage skills off the hotbar. Having a bar/window with all 32 Rage skills might be a little bit much.
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hey Zonx.. I just installed 8.0 today. I deleted the old fetish directory, then unzipped the new one.

The chat windows.. the scroll bars always show now, wich is fine, but the chat text in one of my chat windows, the text goes under the scroll bar.... both chat boxes are affected. I tried dragging the size of the chat boxes, but that does not help. Is there a setting I need to change?

see attached image.

Thanks sooooo much for the 100% bags too. I find I have a ton less drag issues with the 100% bags over the 66% ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chatwindowoverlap.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	5496  

Last edited by wolfmoonct : 12-06-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

As stated in the version notes, all previously stealthing chat window elements now obey Window Options Frame settings. Set the left frame opactity slider to 0 and the scroll bars should hide when the mouse isn't over the window. You can also set the title opacity to 0 if you don't want to see it.

Similar changes were made to the Tracking, Hotkeys and Quest Helper windows.

Linking these elements to the Frame settings gives users more control over how these elements hide and show. For instance you now have the option to keep them from ever showing by setting both sliders to 0. If you want them semi-transparent, that's now possible in-game.
Unread 12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I had an issue with transmuting in fetish 7.5, and i just installed 8.0 and noticed its still there... I'm not sure its a UI problem but here goes... When transmuting at the workbench, making adornments, i dont see the little reactive icons to counter with the buttons, to get the critical success/failures(as the other tradeskills where you for instance get Hot Iron image, and you counter with a similar button). I asked some other transmuters to check that theese exist at all for transmuting and they say they do. Any ideas how i can get theese to show? (I can still buttonmash but not having the criticals available makes it more risky)

On another note, in the old thread you phased out, somone asked about PoIs on the map not being able to show on mouse-overs... i had the same issue in a few zones, and was able to resolve it by minimizing the map on the small triangle, and maximizing it again..this made the map-fog checkbox show up, and by removing the map fog, the PoIs became -mouse-over-able- again, just thought id mention it, if anyone encounters it still.

This is my first thread in this forum, which shows how awesome ur UI is Zonx, i've never had to ask anything before, great job man, we are many out there who luuub you Felt practically naked with default ui the week before 7.5 came

/pad Zonx one the shoulder
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:13 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Please confirm there is a problem with the Transmuting window by doing the following...

1) Rename eq2ui_tradeskill_transmuting.xml to bk_eq2ui_tradeskill_transmuting.xml to restore the default window.

2) Launch EQ2 and do a Transmuting combine. Let me know if it behaves any differently.

There is a bug on SOE's end that is resulting in an invisible fog layer blocking most POIs, their waypoints and tooltips when in a pre-KOS indoor zone. Fortunately the Fetish map makes this extra easy to work around. Just click the Fog button twice, then however many times needed to set it unchecked.
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The transmuting window is used only for the process of breaking down gear to raw materials, and I don't think thats what their problem was.

Making adornments via transmuting should use the regular TS window. If you can see counters on any other class using the FN TS window, then it's not a UI problem... you just haven't gotten anything to counter (which does sound odd).
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

I've been planing to get into Transmutting myself, so I'll eventually see what the deal is myself but that may take a while.
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

> I asked some other transmuters to check that theese exist at all for transmuting and they say they do.

Taveren, this is completely opposite to my experience in beta where I level both transmuting and tinkering to arround 160. Also, I have yet to expeience any on live. Critical success/failure doesn't really have anything to do with using reactive arts. If the random number is high enough, critical success; if it's low enough, critical failure. In normal tradeskills, missing a counter causes power and/or health damage. I've never had that happen, and I only ever use the progress up/success down art unless I'm failing a lot, when I'll use power down/durability up.

Paul
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Tried that, still doesnt show up Zonx, same as before.
Unread 12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I guess theres nothing to counter then, cuz i got the counters on my armorer and alchemist... odd tho, cuz i went at quite some length to explain it to a maxed out transmuter and he seemed to have them... and why add 4 different buttons, and not give anything to counter? Well i guess its a mistake to apply logic to SoE hehe. thx for the advice everyone tho.
Unread 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taveren
I guess theres nothing to counter then, cuz i got the counters on my armorer and alchemist... odd tho, cuz i went at quite some length to explain it to a maxed out transmuter and he seemed to have them... and why add 4 different buttons, and not give anything to counter? Well i guess its a mistake to apply logic to SoE hehe. thx for the advice everyone tho.
ummm. did you look at them? 2 of them increase progress (at the cost of either power or durability) and 2 of them increase durability (at the cost of either power or progress).

They are a way of speeding the process along by adding progress to your regular tick or, if you get a few bad rounds, a way of restoring durability to ensure you get a pristine result.
Unread 12-07-2006, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I installed 8.0 over 7.0/7.5 and I still have the "incompatible UI" error when it comes to tool tips. Should I completely delete the subdirectory and reinstall?

Thank you
Theng
Unread 12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yes. It's always best to install completely fresh, that way nothing old is there when it shouldn't be.
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Its inconsistent with the other tradeskills Liandra, plus the fact that they have different pictures....anyway i know what they do, its not what i was asking, its the counters i'm inquiring about.. no big deal i can just mash the no-power durability one as i always have, just curious about an odd inconsitency fro SoE
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:13 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Aweebard, the cause of your error message is probably an old copy of eq2ui_FontStyles.xml.

There is no reason for this file to be in your Fetish directory and has never been included in any ZIP from me. Delete it.

Unless you have some reason you don't want to trash your old UI, it is best to do a clean install now and then. 7.5 and 8.0 affected so many files, now would be a good time for a clean install. You might also find some nicer map images from EQ2Maps get downloaded when you run their patcher to a clean directory.
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Default Volume levels don't stick?

Since doing a fresh install of Fetish with the 8.0 version (I completely deleted the old folder), I have my volume settings reset every time I log a toon in.

Instead of having both general music and combat music being turned off, with the master volume at max, I get both sets of music on, but master turned down to .4.

I see in the release notes the following:

Start Button: On popular demand, I’ve added Kosmo’s NightVision and volume controls. Initial volume settings can be customized by opening eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in Notepad. VolMaster, VolMusic and VolCombat can be found in the first page object. Each accepts a value of 0 - 20 which must not include a decimal. For reference, each increment set here equals 0.5 in-game.

So, the only way to get these settings to stick is to edit the file? I just want to make certain. I have to update 2 systems, which isn't a massive problem, but it is a little annoying that setting changes made in game doesn't update the file. Which was surprising, because it does save the location of the button, which I had moved a little.

Awesome UI, Zonx!
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:49 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yes the initial log in values need to be coded into the file.

There are several limitations in the scripting language that prevent saving and retriving values from the Game Options window.
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Macro for ClickStrike?

First, absolutely the best UI. Thanks for all your hard work.

Regarding ClickStrike you mention in the features that "macros can be set to a hotkey that activate these buttons". Could you elaborate?

Thanks again.
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Zonx.... absolutely amazing ...
Im almost ashamed to ask for one thing tho ...
could you perchance put your total coin total on the broker window
somewhere ? ... so you can tell how much you have to spend etc without
bringing up your inventory window ?
just miss it cause you had it on your old broker window ....
If not ....
you still ROCK darlin !!!!
and its the truth .... I cant play if my Fetish doesn't work....
You have just spoiled me !!

Thank you so so very much ...
I hope you and yours ....
Have a very Merry Everything and a Happy Always !!!

*blows kiss*
Unread 12-09-2006, 08:04 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Badco, standard macro creation... use the Socials window (Alt - O I think) and click the Macro tab. Click one of the edit links to open the Edit Macro window. Use the fields to name the macro, pick an icon, and enter the code I proveded line by line in the command fields. Save it to add the button to the Socials window. Now drag it to a Hotbar.

Wynd, I've been resisting putting in yet another coin list since its in both the inventory and the stat strip, but since you asked I'll put it in next release

Actually a few ppl have asked now and there is room for it on the buy tab.
Unread 12-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Thank you !!!

*does the happy happy joy joy fae dance*

*grin*
Unread 12-11-2006, 11:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Examine Window

This isn't a 8.0 bug i had the same issue with 7.5. Every since EOF when i went from default back to fetish when 7.5 was released the first examine window I open doesn't show up on the screen. Any other examine window i open after that is fine as long as i don't close that first examine window. I have tryed relocating all windows within EQ2 options and it doesn't fix the issue. Any help would be great. I am currently using Fetish 8.0 and yeah I completely deleted the fetish folder before I installed 8.0.