EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-20-2013, 08:32 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default QRB config tool feature

Would there be any interest in adding a spell ID lookup feature to the QRB config tool? I figured out how to find the spell ID in the data feed, so given the full name of the spell I can query for the spell ID (or vice versa, of course). That was always the challenge for me in making the initial data files, getting spell IDs for all spells. I'm thinking don't have it as a separate dialog or anything, but when you fill in a spell name while creating a spell line if it didn't already have a spell ID it'd query for it and add it to the collection.

Come to think of it, it'd also let me clean up the auto-fill feature. Instead of guessing about levels, given the base spell name it can pull the list and read off the levels.
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Would there be any interest in adding a spell ID lookup feature to the QRB config tool? I figured out how to find the spell ID in the data feed, so given the full name of the spell I can query for the spell ID (or vice versa, of course). That was always the challenge for me in making the initial data files, getting spell IDs for all spells. I'm thinking don't have it as a separate dialog or anything, but when you fill in a spell name while creating a spell line if it didn't already have a spell ID it'd query for it and add it to the collection.

Come to think of it, it'd also let me clean up the auto-fill feature. Instead of guessing about levels, given the base spell name it can pull the list and read off the levels.
Anything that makes it easier is useful
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

That would be great to have, and while we are wishing, it would be so nice to be able to increase the size of the raid window/QRB's, if that is doable.
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damglagin View Post
That would be great to have, and while we are wishing, it would be so nice to be able to increase the size of the raid window/QRB's, if that is doable.
Right now I've got the just-released changes to the UI and the crafting window (plus variants) ahead of anything else on the list (even the config tool, I'm playing with it but nothing beyond that until the crafting window's fixed). Even after that, though, I've no plans to increase the size of the raid window. One design principle in Profit's to keep things small and clean to free up as much screen real-estate as possible. Making the group or raid windows larger wouldn't fit that. My advice if you want a larger one is to find a stand-alone window that fits your needs and install it in place of Profit's raid window. It won't break anything else in Profit (unless you're replacing files other than just the raid window).
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

no biggie, I wouldn't think of using anything other than profit, just thought it might make cures and rezzes a bit faster. We are all really grateful that someone stepped up to fill gm9's shoes, keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

Last edited by Damglagin : 03-23-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: incomplete
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:45 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damglagin View Post
no biggie, I wouldn't think of using anything other than profit, just thought it might make cures and rezzes a bit faster. We are all really grateful that someone stepped up to fill gm9's shoes, keep up the great work, it is appreciated.
Side note: if someone does the work to create the new window and can show there's some demand for it, then I have no problem merging it in, tweaking the control files to add a new variant for it and maintaining the code (provided it isn't too insane).