EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default XP tooltip missing xp value modifiers

Normally, if you hovered over the XP bar, the tooltip would tell you if you were getting XP modifiers such as:

Double experience for having Vitality
Extra experience for being mentored
Negative experience for being a mentor

But I can't find that tooltip anywhere. Hovering over the main XP display just tells me how to switch amongst the different values, and hovering over the secondary display changes it to show the Run value, regen mods, and status.

I know that the main XP display shows your Vitality, and while that's above 0.0% you're getting double xp, so that's fine, but when I'm a mentor (or being mentored), I'd like to know how much extra or negative experience I'm getting.

Also, as a side note, there's no indicator to show when Vitality would run out like the Default UI.
Unread 12-04-2006, 03:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The tooltips are available if you disable the auto-switching of the top bar (set window settings to frame only). I could add it to the main display as well, that's true. I'll probably keep the current tooltip over the big number and add the detailed tooltip to the small number.

I'm not sure what kind of indicator you would like to see regarding vitality running out. It shows your vitality both in the top bar and in the big display if you have any. Are you proposing to put a message like "no vitality" up there when you have run out?

Last edited by gm9 : 12-04-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thumbs Up

Like on the default XP bar there's an arrow that shows the exact point when your vitality would run out. It's usually pointing to the right because it extends beyond your current level, but when your vitality gets low enough, the arrow points to the point in the orange bar where your vitality would run out, or if you're in the same orange bar, a blue arrow at the bottom would then point out a more detailed place where your vitality would run out. (Edit: I don't know if there's a numeric value associated with that or not, or if it's just a feature of the default xp bar.)

It's nothing serious; as I said, you have double vitality until your vitality is zero percent, but if it's something that can be done, that might be nice. Not a big deal, though.

And yes please, putting a tooltip on the little XP main display would work, as I kinda like being able to switch the top bar on mouseover
Unread 12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah ok, so you want an indicator at what XP amount vitality will likely run out. Not sure where I would put that or whether it makes sense having it. I'll think about it but I'd say not likely that it goes in.
Unread 12-09-2006, 02:36 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I didn't think so, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Looking forward to the little number tooltip mentioned earlier in this thread