EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-08-2014, 05:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Links are not woking now

Not able to click any links in the game to view items.
Unread 07-08-2014, 06:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I just checked and they appear to be working fine in all windows. There was an update to the in-game browser in today's patch, that may have been affecting you.
Unread 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Links

Other people in raid are complaining that they also cannot click the links this is from the last update I believe.

Like and idiot I used the auto updater and didnt look at what was added to the profit UI folder on the last update and now cant remember the one before either. I believe this is when it started happening. I would prefer not to entirely unload profit. If you can tell me what files maybe were in the last to auto updates I will try to go in and manually remove them to see if that works. I guess the other people just have not put this on the forums they said they are going to just unload profit.
Unread 07-09-2014, 03:34 PM
A Griffon

The last update only changed eq2ui_loginscene.xml (the account login screen, which you normally never see, not the character select screen). The update before that (6/27) changed eq2ui_examine.xml (the examine window) to account for new adornments. Neither change affected the links in any way, and the examine window change would've shown up immediate after the 6/27 release.

When you mouse over the links, do they brighten? If they do, the UI is detecting them as links. There have been known problems with the new Awesomium browser, you might try checking your process list with the game shut down to confirm there aren't any Awesomium-related processes hung that're interfering with launching the in-game browser again. As a last resort restarting your system will clear all hung processes. If links work correctly the first time you click on one after that but start failing to work later, that's an indication of a hung Awesomium process.

The _ProfitUI_StandardSearches.xml file controls the text and URLs used for links for various types of objects. If that file's been altered incorrectly, it can cause things to fail. The last change to it in Profit was in May 2012, it's unlikely a problem with the stock file has gone unnoticed by everyone for 2+ years but some people have customized it.
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:32 PM
A Griffon

Oh, and as for other people in your raid complaining... well, I only know about problems if I find them while testing or playing myself or if other people who find them report them either in the EQ2 forums or here. If people want me to read their minds and divine problems via clairvoyance, my hourly rates are going to be significantly higher.
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Links

I appreciate your response I figured it out. It was just happening on one character so I figured it had to just be a UI issue, deleted the EQ2 profile for that character, reloaded it and its fine now.

For the others complaining I will inform them of what to do so that they dont just flat out delete profit. I also appreciate you keeping profit up as its my favorite UI out of the 3 available.
Unread 07-10-2014, 01:17 PM
A Griffon

That sounds like an overlapping window. One trick is the F10 key to toggle through the UI states. Hit it and you should see the black backgrounds of windows pop up. See if there's something overlapping there the links would appear on the screen and move it if needed. Hit F10 twice more to cycle through "no visible UI elements" and back to the regular UI.
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default links

It does this to all links in the game, in the guild events window, and all chat windows.

I just had this happen to my warden on the Freeport server also( I just logged her today after a week). So of all the characters I have logged so far two out of three had this problem. Its not overlapping windows I just checked that on my warden, or if there is another window on top of everything I was not seeing it show when hitting F11. I am just deleting all each characters files in the EQII folder now if it happens and that seems to fix it.
Unread 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

I just did some poking around. I tried putting an item link into guild chat and that link worked. Site links in the quest helper window work. And site links in the Examine window work.

However, I did note that calendar links do not work. I don't have any guild events on the calendar, but there were SOE events posted. None of those links worked.

I'm not sure what other links I should test. If anyone can point me to specific links, I can check those.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM
A Griffon

The calendar's not going to be Profit. Any links there are done by the game, and the default version of the community window (where the calendar lives) hasn't changed since 7/2013 so there's no recent changes for Profit to have missed. Ditto the chat window, all links in it are handled by the game and not the UI mod. I've had intermittent problems with item links in chat failing to work, it's a widespread problem that occurs in the default UI as well as in mods and nobody can figure out what the actual bug is because the link text in the chat logs looks perfectly correct and doesn't seem to differ from a working one.