EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone
Default Problem with maintained spells

Hi. I have actually had this problem for over a year.

Whenever I want to cancel a buff on someone, and go to click it off, it always clicks off the first one in the list, and not the one I selected. So usually I end up having to click them all off, and rebuff again. This only affects single target buffs, like synergism, link, lucidity, etc. Ive never been sure if this is a profit error, or just the game in general. But its really starting to get old now, so I figured i would post about it. Any help or fix would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

For single-target buffs that can be put on several targets at once, you can't click them off using the hotkey button. That just casts a new spell, and I believe if you don't have enough concentration slots it cancels the first one cast to make room. You have to click (or sometimes right-click and select cancel from the menu) the icon in the maintained spells window to cancel the one on a specific target (the tooltip identifies the target).
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:30 PM
A Grizzled Badger

well yeah thats what I mean. When I try to click the buff in the maintained window. It doesn't actually cancel the one I click, instead it cancels the one thats on the top. So if I have 4 of the same buff up on 4 different people. and I want to to cancel the 4th one, even though I click that bottom one, it still cancels the 1st one. However I don't right click and select cancel, I just click it on the name of the spell in the maintained window. Pretty sure it highlights red when I hover over the name.

And btw if you try to hit the quick button to buff someone and you don't have the conc it just tells you you don't have enough conc
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:55 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Does anyone else experience this? I don't understand how it could just be me.
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Custom UIs really don't do much with that window, that may just be the default behavior when you click one on there instead of using right click and cancel. I didn't even know you could click on it in the maintained window to cancel, unless you're talking about the concentration window?
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
A Grizzled Badger

With profitUI, if you click on the spell name in the maintained window, the spell name gets a red background and will just cancel. I will test if right clicking makes a difference while raiding tomorrow. But I don't think it will matter. I also use the right side slim, if anyone thinks that might have something to do with it.
Unread 08-10-2012, 06:49 PM
A Grizzled Badger

OK well right clicking and selecting cancel works right. Its the shortcut that isn't working correctly. So is there any chance to fix the shortcut?
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

The way the window is set up it uses the cancel_maintained command which references the spell name. Since it uses the name instead of the mainted spell number it cancels the first instance of that spell. I don't think it can be reworked to cancel that specific instance of the spell.

Silat
Unread 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
A Grizzled Badger

K thanks Silat.