EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default I am really confused

I have used ProfitUI for many years on about 8 different computers. I have used the updater since it came out. So I decided to rebuild one of my laptops. After reinstalling Win 7 , Office and VS, I installed EQ2, then ProfitUI. When I start EQ2 I see the default UI. I looked at EQ2.INI and its pointing to UI/ProfitUI and the profitUI directory has all the files. I also moved a copy of these files from another machine to this. I even reinstalled EQ2. Nothing is working. No matter what I've done I do not see ProftUI on that machine.

Any ideas?

Sen
Unread 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senitar View Post
I have used ProfitUI for many years on about 8 different computers. I have used the updater since it came out. So I decided to rebuild one of my laptops. After reinstalling Win 7 , Office and VS, I installed EQ2, then ProfitUI. When I start EQ2 I see the default UI. I looked at EQ2.INI and its pointing to UI/ProfitUI and the profitUI directory has all the files. I also moved a copy of these files from another machine to this. I even reinstalled EQ2. Nothing is working. No matter what I've done I do not see ProftUI on that machine.

Any ideas?

Sen
We've had this happen. It's something glitched in the game itself, not Profit. If you've got eq2.ini set right, open up eq2_recent.ini and look for a cl_ui_skinname entry in it. If it says "Default", change it to say "ProfitUI" (without quotes). That should fix things.

Root cause: somehow the game's installing an eq2_recent.ini file initially that's set to force the default UI, and if a setting is present in eq2_recent.ini that seems to override the same setting from eq2.ini.