EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 03-07-2006, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default crafting problem

Hi,

First, I love the UI...makes the game so much better to look at and interact with.

I selected it for all my characters as well (admitted alt-o-holic) but I have a problem with one character when crafting. I tried to craft something and the recipe/combine window came up and I was missing something so I ran to get it came back and when I tried to craft again, when I highlighted the recipe and hit craft - that combine window doesn't come up.

I quit EQ2, reran Autoupdate for the UI and the problem reproduces itself....do I have to delete the folder and reinstall or is there a simple step to fix this?
Unread 03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

I'll give you the answer first then trail on into an overly long explaination
Choose a character that you know works and select them and choose ok.
That should fix your issue.

Now for the overly log winded explaination...

There are aeveral aspects to the game.
1.) The data: The data is information SOE sends that I/we have no control of.
2.) The UI/User Interface: The UI is only a shell much like a new paint job on an old car that doesn't run well... With the new pain job it looks much better but still doesn't run any better... And as a UI modder for EQ2 that's about all access they have given us... We can change the look but you still have the same ol data.
3.) Window Placement Files... Servername_Charactername_uisettings.ini This file stores some of your preferences on UI pieces such as where you last placed the windows. If you set them to auto fade and so forth...

So to sum it up...
If you have a window location issue, delete/update your window placement file.
If you don't like the look of a window aka arrangement/color then search for a modified version here.
If you have issues with the data such as crafting process locking, or if you would like more features such as advanced searching on the broker or friends list. Buy a new car or submit an in game /feedback to SOE requesting those changes.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 03-08-2006, 08:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply - I will do what you said.

Thanks for the long-winded version as well It gives me a good idea of what and where to look for any issues ingame Not that EQ2 has any of course Kidding.

Thanks again,