EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-23-2005, 10:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Naikrovek's Mapper.xml rewritten in C#

the .xml thing is an IE bug... it should be mapper.pl.

anyway i'm happy you guys have my script on your site in the howto. I have a slightly more friendly version though, and it is written in C#, so it runs natively on windows. anyone with the .net framework can compile it, and of course run it. it is a command line tool, but its easier to use than my perl version.

I've attached the .exe and the .txt (source) files so you can run it as is, or compile it new and hack at it and improve it if you wish. please improve it. slap a gui on it or something, for pete's sake.

the command syntax is as follows: mapper.exe eq2logfile.txt > svgfile.svg

if you don't redirect the output with > it will print the svg to the screen. this probably isn't what you want. using > is easier than writing a file writer, (but not by much, to be honest).

compiling it goes like this (again, you do NOT need visual studio to compile C# programs.)

change to the directory you put mapper.txt and run this command: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc mapper.txt

you may have to modify it if you have a different version of the framework. mapper.exe will appear, and if you didn't change the source, will work exactly like mine.

have fun, stay safe, and keep on mapping.

(quick update!!) I wish I'd known that you guys were having problems with foreign language files.. I would have written versions for the French and German logfiles. Rather than put you through that all again, you can contact me if you have a French or German logfile that you want my new C# program to parse for you, and I'll modify my program to suit those languages, and post them here in this thread. I am not trying to exclude our European friends, I just don't have foreign logfiles to test with.

If you want to see this written for your language of logfile, send me a logfile in your language that I can test with, and I'll modify the program and edit this thread to contain it.

you can email me your logfiles: (my username on this forum)@gmail.com

And finally, in no particular order:
A bientôt.
Bis bald.
See you soon.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mapper.txt (1.7 KB, 568 views)
File Type: zip mapper.zip (2.1 KB, 509 views)

Last edited by naikrovek : 05-23-2005 at 10:38 PM. Reason: update for foreign logfile requests
Unread 05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Thank you for this. I have used it on 2 maps already. Now I can un-install the activeperl program.
Unread 05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Pretty cool.
Unread 06-05-2005, 02:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Innothule

Quote:
slap a gui on it or something, for pete's sake.

I went ahead and took the liberty of doing just this. Slapped a very basic GUI front to your block of code. Whole thing should be pretty self-explanatory, but I guess i could throw together a readme.txt if it's needed.

Comments, etc are welcomed, but remember, the real credit for this still belongs to Naikrovek.

Two files attached (hopefully):
mappergui.zip - C# compiled executable.
mappergui_prj.zip - Visual Studio project files & source.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mappergui.zip (5.8 KB, 514 views)
File Type: zip mappergui_prj.zip (7.4 KB, 465 views)