EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Party member locations

Hello, and I must start out by saying, this is a fantastic program. However, I am having one small problem, I can't see my party members on my map. If I hover the mouse over the map, to where my party is currently seated, I will see their names pop up, but there are no red dots, as I am used to. I can live without seeing my party members locations, because I can always just waypoint to them ,and I know most zones like the back of my hand, but this is an inconvience for the most part, I would like to get sorted out. My friends who use this program don't have this problem, I am curious if it is my current UI, settings, etc.

I am using the Tyejae Steel UI, by Perdetion at the moment, a very good UI in my opinion, especially for a Ranger, considering the massive CAs I use. I use it at the 1280x1024 resolution.

I doubt it is my PC either. I run 4 group raids on balanced with almost no drop in FPS.

Well, thank you for your time, and I hope one of you can help me out with this issue.

Sicarii Dragonscar
48 Ranger, Najena
Unread 08-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

I moved your post to the correct forum.

The problem you are experiencing is one that is fairly common and there is a solution in the sticky thread Common Problems (and solutions)

Quote:
Problem:
I do not get the display of group members when using EQ2map. If I happen to know where they are, and mouse over them I get the "tool tip" label of their name, but the red indicator that would move with them is absent.

Solution:
Delete
window_imagestyles.xml
and
icon_map3.dds
and re-run the auto-updater.

If you cannot figure out how to find/delete these files you can use the redownload all files button on the updater, however any custom files for the eq2map mod you have will be overwritten and this will take much longer to do than just deleting the 2 files.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-15-2005 at 08:14 AM.